Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SKIIID by Stephan Bolch (AU added 082120)

edited August 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1516634571

Description:

SKIIID is a new drum-synthesizer with 4 expressive pads and the possibility to morph between them. With its randomisation feature you can create unique effects and lo-fi drum-sounds quickly. On top of that we’ve added a fun sequencer. But don’t expect a highly accurate clockwork drum-machine, this synth is “dirty and alive"

Features:

• Sub-Fm-Oscillator
  • Morphing SAUCE WAVE Oscillator (adds some additional SAUCE/MEAT to your drumsound)
  • Morphing NOISE Oscillator (adds dusty and crackly imperfections)
  • Velocity along the vertical axis of all drum-pads
  • Note pitch and fine-tuning
  • Amplitude and Pitch Envelopes
  • Ladder filter with highpass
  • Bitcrusher, distortion and resonator - effects
  • Randomisation for single drum-pads and sequencer. Randomisation can be switched on and off for all parameters.
  • Ableton Link Support
  • Drone Mode

Comments

• No mention of AU or Audiobus compatibility.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    No mention of AU or Audiobus compatibility.

Looks interesting, like a reborn, stripped down DM2, but without connectivity it’s a no-go for me.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC03qSfPzBMZPKpHeNmZkoIA

• Seems interesting anyway. Someone could push the button and try it for us all?😜

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    No mention of AU or Audiobus compatibility.

i asked on their youtube post , well see....

• This does look very interesting. I responded on one of his vids re: AUv3 or wav export.

• Very odd app-name, rhymes with how poo is pronounced in Sweden (Skiiiiiiiiit!) :D

• On facebook, the developer was asked about AUV3, Audiobus or IAA support, he said it's not implemented yet, but will be coming soon...

• i just bought it and it's very interesting. a little useless right now without AU, IAA, AB or even wav export, but its fun to play around with. you can get some very unique sounds from it. still confused as to how the sequencer works, and how to choose which pad plays when. it seems randomized but im not too sure. very excited for au though. and for now i might just screen record. id wait until we get more connectivity to get it though

• Will wait for AU, looks cool though.

• I like the tape-like effect of the morphing! (I don’t own this app yet)

• Anyone hear of whether AU is coming?

• Will wait until it has Audiobus support at least. So many time I read about AUv3 soon and then nothing happened😂😂😂I’m still waiting for Senode😜

• id be surprised if they bother to auv3 this thing, how many ios apps do they have?

• @Samu said:
    Very odd app-name, rhymes with how poo is pronounced in Sweden (Skiiiiiiiiit!) :D

Also, the brown streak on your underwear, here in America, known as the Butt Skid.
    Not you or your personal underwear, of course.
    I wouldn’t know anything about that.
    😉

• @reasOne said:
    id be surprised if they bother to auv3 this thing, how many ios apps do they have?

I think that this is their first. Correct?

• @Charlesalbert said:

@reasOne said:
    id be surprised if they bother to auv3 this thing, how many ios apps do they have?

I think that this is their first. Correct?

They have some Max for Live drum modules.
    Don’t know how hard it is to port from M4L to AUv3, though.

• I love it.

• Sorry about the levels being a bit hot but just to share some sounds:

• Thanks for posting this, this app will be mine! Bday in two days so this will fit nicely into my chaos

@gusgranite said:
    Sorry about the levels being a bit hot but just to share some sounds:

• Damn you @gusgranite bought.
    Left him a note about the need for connectivity.

Ha @iOSTRAKON I’m a calendar day older than you.

• What year?

My bday is : 7/7/77

@audiblevideo said:
    Damn you @gusgranite bought.
    Left him a note about the need for connectivity.

Ha @iOSTRAKON I’m a calendar day older than you.

• @audiblevideo said:

😈

There’s some good potential here!

• @gusgranite said:

@audiblevideo said:

😈

OK, OK, OK.....little Friday night amuse-gueule etc. Git :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

@audiblevideo said:

😈

OK, OK, OK.....little Friday night amuse-gueule etc. Git :)

Hahaha. There’s zero connectivity! What are we doing??

• I don’t even know why people make new apps that aren’t AU anymore. That dead end has been really clearly posted.

Sounds pretty good though, lot of dirty rhythmic noise potential. I like where this app is headed.

• yeah, this really does look and sound great. Hopefully the dev figures out how to make it useful to the people who would actually use it.

• @gusgranite it sounds amazing. Thanks for the demo.

• What I like about this one (other than the sound and the Chaos button) is I can tell that this guy can code. I have a good feeling about it 😎

• Bought it.

One of the best app I’ve tried so far.

I really really hope that the dev will add connectivity because this app deserve a lot.

• Drooooooooone mode