Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Kuassa v Nembrini Amp sim and FX for desktop

edited July 2020 in Other

Despite filling my iPad up with Amps Sims, I'm very tempted to add to my desktop guitar arsenal after many years with Pod Farm 2. Nembrini on iOS has been a positive experience, so I've been playing with their free stuff and demos, their current heavy sale makes them very tempting (plug-in host, FX Bundle and and Amp for $65).

However, I've also been playing with Kuassa's Amplifikation 360 as a plugin and I REALLY like this, the sound of course, but also the interface and midi control options which I think I'm preferring to Nembrini. They offer host, FX bundle and Amp currently for $99 (until July 5th, but other sales surely to follow).

I know a lot of opinions on Nembrini from coming here, but I've never seen Kuassa mentioned, does anyone have any thoughts on them and what they are offering? I find it quite hard to make objective comparisons of one amp against another, when I'm in the mood everything sounds good and when I'm not nothing does. A smooth interface definitely helps get into the right zone.

I can if needed feed my iPad audio into my computer, so maybe having different offerings on different platforms is good thing.?. or maybe I should get them both.?. or maybe I should hide my already empty wallet and be happy with what I have already on iOS???

Comments

• Check out Honest Amp Sim Reviews, they give ... erm ... honest amp sim reviews. I've tried the Caliburn, which didn't really capture that Marshall sound for me, and the Matchlock, which was very good. But personally, the Nembrini gear is top now, especially with a sale on.

• @pbelgium Thanks for the link, very useful. I think I'm going to take the Kuassa plunge, they seem like a good company worth getting behind.

The Matchlock amp is fantastic and perhaps more to my taste than any of the current Nembrini crop (not complaining, a choice between very good things). After more playing around, the Kuassa Amplifikation 360 plug-in host gives it the edge for me on desktop - nice interface with really good midi implementation. Also it has a wah/expression pedal option which is a biggy for me.

I'll stick with Nembrini on iOS though, best of both worlds.

• @steve99 I wish you a lot of fun with our apps and Kuassa plugins (which are excellent products, imho).
    The important thing is to have fun making some noise! 😋
    Cheers!

• You should download the demo for Mike Scuffham’s S-Gear before any purchase IMO.

• @And_Nembrini, @qryss

Ah, we all know where this is going... Guitar amp sim GAS, ‘GASGAS’. The good thing is I’m playing more than ever and sounding better than ever, so for that they are all worth it :)