Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any free metronomes that work in AB?

Are there any free metronomes that work in AB? Bonus points if they display in landscape mode.

I can always start up a full app like tonestack, but I hate to do that when I just want a metronome, and it would be nice to just have it in AB.

Comments

• Can’t you just use any drum machine app?

• @CracklePot said:
    Can’t you just use any drum machine app?

Yes I can, but I hoping to find one with an audio unit extension so I don't have to start up a full app outside of AB.

• Huh! I’m genuinely surprised to realize AB doesn’t have a built in metronome. That was going to be my suggestion. AUM has one if’n you sometimes swing that way.

• edited July 2020

@syrupcore said:
    Huh! I’m genuinely surprised to realize AB doesn’t have a built in metronome. That was going to be my suggestion. AUM has one if’n you sometimes swing that way.

Thanks syrup, that's good to know. I don't use AUM yet; I'm pretty happy with AB right now for my porpoises (using different effects with a guitar USB interface).

• Playbeat is an inexpensive AU drum machine that should fit the bill.

• edited July 2020

I tried that one previously but it doesn't show up in Audiobus (either in effects or apps). It also isn't designed to work in landscape mode.

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

I just have an Audiobus session called Metronome. It's a Rozeta X0X driving a RuisMaker FM. When I want a metronome I just add that session to the one I have. Once added, I use the ON/OFF toggle for XOX to turn it off and on. Quick, easy, lightweight, customizable. With AB3's session search box, it take a tap and "mo" to find the session. Takes about three seconds.

The only big caution ... save your session first so that if your finger slips and you press Load instead of Add, you don't lose your work.