Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Searching for an arpeggiator with very slow settings

Been using Rozeta arpeggio for a long time, and really would like to find something simple like this but with a much slower setting for ambient music. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• I use some of those Mozaic scripts that can let you subdivide the BPM to go slower and trigger midi patterns and transpose etc, but how slow do you want to go ? 😜

• What about Riffer on 1/2 with BPM in host of 30. hui that should be very Slow ;)

• StepPolyArp can do insanely long arpeggios, where each note can last up to 32 bars.
    It is easy to setup. Just put the clock speed to 1/1, clear the grid, and draw one long note across the whole grid on the 0 (zero) line. It will hold a note for the whole cycle, then play the next note for a whole cycle, etc.

• Open miRack and send a very slow lfo into a quantizer set to chord tones.

• @thepinkelefant said:
    I use some of those Mozaic scripts that can let you subdivide the BPM to go slower and trigger midi patterns and transpose etc, but how slow do you want to go ? 😜

Can you point me to one of those that works well for you?

My single biggest wish for the Rozeta apps is waaaaaaaaaaaay shorter clock divisions. Especially with R.Cells.

• @david_2017 said:
    What about Riffer on 1/2 with BPM in host of 30. hui that should be very Slow ;)

This sort of thing absolutely works but if you get something going that you're digging at a faster tempo (say, 100) and then want to add something that changes once every 8 or 16 bars it gets tricky.

• Also, while @Alexandernaut fugue machine is more a sequencer, you can run it very slow.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Also, while @Alexandernaut fugue machine is more a sequencer, you can run it very slow.

Good'un. The FugueMachine AU has become my go-to for slow sequences. Still, I want slower!

• Thanks for all your suggestions I will try them all. Sorry don’t really know what mozaic script is? Cheers

• @iklooshar said:
    Thanks for all your suggestions I will try them all. Sorry don’t really know what mozaic script is? Cheers

Mozaic is a midi scripting language written by Bram Bos same guy who made Rozetta Suite. Dont worry if you cant code there are plenty of prewritten scripts. There are sequencers, transposers, lfo drivers, tons of stuff.

• Q = any arp question A = StepPolyArp

• abba adda woow, so 30 bpm isn't slow enough haha! Amazing I love it, I could see use for more like a very slow note launcher not even apps just like autony app at its slowest setting and whatever chromatic scale. You got me thinking when I use my volca drum I set it very slow and people are like what, so I feel ya. Slo core.

• +1 for mirack

• yea mi rack honestly should be slow as in like one note an hour. Just brain power Bluetooth into the midi in on mirack and ponder.

• or just to be that guy 'drambo' with custom uncle slows syrup module.
  • The dev of Audulus had once a post about an ultra slow LFO in his app, slow as in „one trigger per year“ I think it was :)