Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Launch Control (XL) Editor - Now on Components website

edited July 2020 in Other

Novation Launch Control (XL) Editor - Now on Components website...

https://components.novationmusic.com/launch-control-xl-mk2/templates/new

Comments

• Oh man...does this mean an MK3 is around the corner? 😁

• Nice, glad to see they are supporting this.

• aha! thanks for sharing, this is great.

• Too bad we don’t have WebMIDI on iOS.

Still, it’s helpful they have a more unified approach to editing. I just hope it’s available on standalone Components because I generally don’t load the web version.

• Hopefully the previously downloaded version still works.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Hopefully the previously downloaded version still works.

It should, unless an OS update breaks it and they don’t update it.

• The LCXL editor has been broken for me since Catalina, or maybe even the version previous? I think just Catalina. I was forced to purchase the MIDIsynthControl app in order to be able to edit my mappings. However, I am glad I did. Now I can set a parameter in AUM, switch windows and tweak the mapping and hit send, and go back to AUM in an instant. It’s actually faster to assign, too, as you can keep one hand over the data input field and select controls with the other. I am happy to see that they finally have created a fix for the broken editor, though. I was certain it had stopped being supported.

• Happy to see the LC Mini also there. I still use mine extensively.

• @DatGood said:
    Happy to see the LC Mini also there. I still use mine extensively.

Good call. Have mine as well. Wish they supported Zero SL MK II, lol. It's a beast but a great controller.

• edited December 2020

Hi There. First time poster here.

Considering getting the Novation Launch Control XL. I really like the idea of having 24 knobs for each of the 8 templates/banks

How do I program midi channels and CCs on the other templates/banks? Can this be done in the editor? I dont see a knob for changing the bank in this editor https://components.novationmusic.com/launch-control-xl-mk2/templates/new

• edited December 2020

@toreriksolem said:

Considering getting the Novation Launch Control XL. I really like the idea of having 24 knobs for each of the 8 templates/banks

How do I program midi channels and CCs on the other templates/banks? Can this be done in the editor? I dont see a knob for changing the bank in this editor https://components.novationmusic.com/launch-control-xl-mk2/templates/new

Welcome @toreriksolem

EDIT: I see you're already aware of the Components website.

You can send any of your created templates to any slot on the XL...

• @SpookyZoo said:

@toreriksolem said:

Welcome @toreriksolem

EDIT: I see you're already aware of the Components website.

You can send any of your created templates to any slot on the XL...

Thank you, SpookyZoo!

• edited December 2020

@toreriksolem

Just reading your other post. It seems you may want the same controls but on different MIDI channels.

If that's the case, then I'm afraid there is no easy way with the editor to 'Bulk' change the MIDI channel for ALL controls on a layout. These need to be changed individually.

I have requested Bulk edit functionality across Novation's various Components editors but have not had any word back on whether it is being considered.

In fact in some instances I ended up deciphering the sysex file and made changes to that via Sublime Text which ended up being quicker if I was going to be editing several layouts. Not sure how easy this method would be for the XL though. I ended up doing this for moving multiple MIDI Widgets on the LaunchPad Pro custom layouts.

If your user case is as stated above then you may be better off putting a MIDI script app like Streambyter/MIDIFire/Mozaic in the middle.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @toreriksolem

Just reading your other post. It seems you may want the same controls but on different MIDI channels.

If that's the case, then I'm afraid there is no easy way with the editor to 'Bulk' change the MIDI channel for ALL controls on a layout. These need to be changed individually.

I have requested Bulk edit functionality across Novation's various Components editors but have not had any word back on whether it is being considered.

In fact in some instances I ended up deciphering the sysex file and made changes to that via Sublime Text which ended up being quicker if I was going to be editing several layouts. Not sure how easy this method would be for the XL though. I ended up doing this for moving multiple MIDI Widgets on the LaunchPad Pro custom layouts.

If your user case is as stated above then you may be better off putting a MIDI script app like Streambyter/MIDIFire/Mozaic in the middle.

Well, if the Novation lets me change CCs and Midi Channels between the eight templates, meaning totally independent templates, then I think the XL would work for me. Only thing I am unsure about is wether Id miss those leds indicating the knobs position.

I guess I am choosing between the leds on the Twister and the faders on the XL. Do you have any thoughts on that, LED vs no LEDs?

• This is awesome!

Anybody know if AKAI have the same kind of service for their older products like LPD8 and LPK mini?