Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini Audio MEGA SUMMER SALE (desktop & iOS)

Comments

• @mjcouche said:
    Was the FX bundle “turned off” for this sale? I don’t have an option anymore to buy the bundle

The 9 FX were $3.99 each so $36 total and the bundle was $30, so a savings of only $6. Now all 9 FX are half off at $1.99 so they are $18 total for all 9, which is $12 less than the previous bundle, much better deal. I actually bought the FX bundle for $30 the day before it went on sale alla carte, and still no regrets.

• In terms of the non bundle FX the Delay3000 has top quality sound. The Boss pedal is basically the overdrive channel on the Mrh810, in a pedal. I use them both anyway since I want to full gamut of the Mrh810. The iOS version Boss doesn’t have the rack view of the desktop version. Also the desktop amp sims have more in depth mic placement options whereas iOS just has a long list of Cab/mic pairings. Would be awesome to get this ported over to iOS. And pretty pretty please @And_Nembrini can we get a Bass amp some day? And an IR loader?

• edited July 2020

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    In terms of the non bundle FX the Delay3000 has top quality sound. The Boss pedal is basically the overdrive channel on the Mrh810, in a pedal. I use them both anyway since I want to full gamut of the Mrh810. The iOS version Boss doesn’t have the rack view of the desktop version. Also the desktop amp sims have more in depth mic placement options whereas iOS just has a long list of Cab/mic pairings. Would be awesome to get this ported over to iOS. And pretty pretty please @And_Nembrini can we get a Bass amp some day? And an IR loader?

Concerning the Boss rack, as every our other plugin, will be ported to iOS too. The iR loader is a concrete possibility in the next future. And yes, a bass amp eg in the pipeline.
    Anyway, the differences between the desktop and iOS versions are because of the processors power, and a different use of the resources, a lot of limitation on iOS...

Believe me, it was way more easy to port our plugins just as they are, without any changes.
    But if we want the same audio quality and playability of the desktop, we MUST act this way.
    Every single impulse was optimized for mobile uses, so the audio chains. It’s not an easy task, but
    we believe we had achieved our goal.

• @And_Nembrini said:
    Concerning the Boss rack, as every our other plugin, will be ported to iOS too. The iR loader is a concrete possibility in the next future. And yes, a bass amp eg in the pipeline.
    Anyway, the differences between the desktop and iOS versions are because of the processors power, and a different use of the resources, a lot of limitation on iOS...

Believe me, it was way more easy to port our plugins just as they are, without any changes.
    But if we want the same audio quality and playability of the desktop, we MUST act this way.
    Every single impulse was optimized for mobile uses, so the audio chains. It’s not an easy task, but

It’s true, as far as I’m concerned, nothing comes close to your amps on iOS. It’s not just the faithful schematic recreation of famous amp tones, it’s that I can actually hear the air moving when I play and there’s a real big tone with oomph and grunt and an analog soundstage. The other guitar apps sound obviously digital with a squashed processing and I get too much pick sound and board clank and “other” harmonics that don’t belong there. With Nembrini it’s all tone tone tone, and real volume! Of course on iOS some trimmings are to be expected, but stability wise it’s been great for me. Looking forward to more of your products.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@And_Nembrini said:

It’s true, as far as I’m concerned, nothing comes close to your amps on iOS. It’s not just the faithful schematic recreation of famous amp tones, it’s that I can actually hear the air moving when I play and there’s a real big tone with oomph and grunt and an analog soundstage. The other guitar apps sound obviously digital with a squashed processing and I get too much pick sound and board clank and “other” harmonics that don’t belong there. With Nembrini it’s all tone tone tone, and real volume! Of course on iOS some trimmings are to be expected, but stability wise it’s been great for me. Looking forward to more of your products.

That’s very kind of you. Thanks

• I bought the ps1000 bundle on mac during the sale, good stuff.

• @And_Nembrini any plans to port over the Plugin Rig Host to iOS, or to develop it into being midi controllable? A Nembrini amp switching channels, while toggling Nembrini pedals and fx in real time with a midi foot controller could be a total game changer. I understand there are workarounds for this using AUv3 inside DAWS with their own midi mapping, but seems like that’s just turning a plugin on/off. Can you already midi program to switch channels or presets on your amps in real time? If so then I have a lot to learn. Your sims sound so awesome they deserve all the stages and recording studios, and controlling them stompbox style would be total reality!

@And_Nembrini any plans to port over the Plugin Rig Host to iOS, or to develop it into being midi controllable? A Nembrini amp switching channels, while toggling Nembrini pedals and fx in real time with a midi foot controller could be a total game changer. I understand there are workarounds for this using AUv3 inside DAWS with their own midi mapping, but seems like that’s just turning a plugin on/off. Can you already midi program to switch channels or presets on your amps in real time? If so then I have a lot to learn. Your sims sound so awesome they deserve all the stages and recording studios, and controlling them stompbox style would be total reality!

I asked about this recently on another thread, and Andrea responded in the affirmative - Nembrini will be porting across the Plugin Rig host app to iPad OS/iOS. But he did not give any sort of time line.

But it is my hope that this plugin rig host would bring a further advantage: at present, the only way to combine the Nembrini amp sims and effects into a rig is to do so via AB3, and I notice that the CPU load is very high - so high that I had to go back to 44kh sampling rateor increase the latency control in AB3 to avoid popping and audio crackles. I also posted a question about this to the AB3 forum.
    Perhaps combining all these within the plugin rig host would also produce a lower load on the CPU. Of course, the down side to the Nembrini plugin host rig is that you can only host Nembrini’s own apps, meaning that you still need to use it with AB3 or AUM, if you still need or want to combine apps made by other developers.
    So perhaps what we really need is for an independent developer to produce a standalone generic (non developer specific) plugin rig host? If apps like the Neural DSP archetype series start to appear on this platform that may also provide a solution, since each archetype is a complete self contained rig. But there doesn’t seem to be great interest from guitarists here...
    I also just sent Andrea a pm regarding midi control in Nembrini apps - great minds think alike ;). I asked whether A/B and amp channel switching could be assigned to midi commands on a midi foot controller. So I’ll let you know when I receive a reply..

• @DSCB57 said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @And_Nembrini any plans to port over the Plugin Rig Host to iOS, or to develop it into being midi controllable? A Nembrini amp switching channels, while toggling Nembrini pedals and fx in real time with a midi foot controller could be a total game changer. I understand there are workarounds for this using AUv3 inside DAWS with their own midi mapping, but seems like that’s just turning a plugin on/off. Can you already midi program to switch channels or presets on your amps in real time? If so then I have a lot to learn. Your sims sound so awesome they deserve all the stages and recording studios, and controlling them stompbox style would be total reality!

I asked about this recently on another thread, and Andrea responded in the affirmative - Nembrini will be porting across the Plugin Rig host app to iPad OS/iOS. But he did not give any sort of time line.

But it is my hope that this plugin rig host would bring a further advantage: at present, the only way to combine the Nembrini amp sims and effects into a rig is to do so via AB3, and I notice that the CPU load is very high - so high that I had to go back to 44kh sampling rateor increase the latency control in AB3 to avoid popping and audio crackles. I also posted a question about this to the AB3 forum.
    Perhaps combining all these within the plugin rig host would also produce a lower load on the CPU. Of course, the down side to the Nembrini plugin host rig is that you can only host Nembrini’s own apps, meaning that you still need to use it with AB3 or AUM, if you still need or want to combine apps made by other developers.
    So perhaps what we really need is for an independent developer to produce a standalone generic (non developer specific) plugin rig host? If apps like the Neural DSP archetype series start to appear on this platform that may also provide a solution, since each archetype is a complete self contained rig. But there doesn’t seem to be great interest from guitarists here...
    I also just sent Andrea a pm regarding midi control in Nembrini apps - great minds think alike ;). I asked whether A/B and amp channel switching could be assigned to midi commands on a midi foot controller. So I’ll let you know when I receive a reply..

I’d be perfectly happy with a rig host of just Nembrini amps/pedals/fx chains that I can foot control via midi pc/cc, just imagining being able to switch their amp channels or toggle their analog rack units on the fly makes me dream big. I can imagine an independent dev with a nonaffiliated rig host would have a hard time making it stable, having to incorporate all the various amp sims and pedals with their behaviors and slight coding variations. Seems to me native dedicated rig hosts are more stable for that very reason.

I realize that with AB3, AUM, and most of the DAWs you can just insert a series of AUv3 amps and effects and midi map them to turn on and off, but that’s pretty limited functionality for performing and recording. I want to be able to have a guitar rig chain open on one track inside a DAW like AP or CB3, and in one take record a whole guitar track while activating and toggling various settings on the fly, like Wah, overdrive and delay stages, etc... On the other hand you can just record a dry guitar track in many pieces and add all the fx and amps and splice it all after the fact, advantageous in some ways, but recreating a real hardware-like analog recording and performing environment is also important and inspirational. In any case, the Nembrinis sound and act just like the real thing and that’s a big deal. Having them all in a chain onstage with a midi stompbox could be ideal.

Regarding guitarist interest...whether we’re all making rock songs, ambient soundtracks, or EDM, we’re all using the same DAWs and effects and modulars with different skill sets, but we’re all in the same crossover. There should be interest and development for us all, especially with mobile creation and iOS. I switched from hardware to iOS just in the last year, and it’s exciting to be able to shed a mountain full of racks and cables.

• Whoops, actually went to get the whole ampchilada this morning but must have misread the sale notice, thought it ended tonight not last... mainly cause I just couldn’t make my mind up, but at least I got soundmaster a couple of weeks back to be going on with... maybe next time, as long as the sky holds up :)

• That thing where a sale finishes a day before it’s supposed to.

• I guess it saved me forty bills for now at least, and there’s lots of things to explore in similar territory emerging lately... soundmaster is lovely though, I just get sucked into playing every time I load it up, and that’s what was drawing me into getting all the others...

• I would like to thank everybody who’s bought our apps during the summer sale (and obviously all the guys who had bought them out of the sale too...😅)

We hope to bring you always better products to help you with the great passion for music!
    All the very best,
    Andrea

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@DSCB57 said:

There would be some important limitations on such an app.

First, it could not be an AUv3. It would have to be a standalone app. AUv3 plugins can’t host plugins themselves.

Second, in order to load into hosts like AUM, Cubasis, etc. the host app would have to use IAA. That is a depreciated technology that at some point Apple will no longer support.

As an Standalone/IAA app, you could only have one instance. And IAA apps don’t do state saving, so you would need to remember to save a preset, note it down, and restore that preset every time you reopen a project.

If the Audiobus SDK was completely supported, then you could have state saving when loaded in Audiobus only, not in other apps.

It may be possible that Nembrini can make an AUv3 app that can host their own plugins. I don’t know if Nembrini plans this rack as a standalone app or an AUv3 plugin. But I do know that an open any-vendor AUv3 host rack kind of thing is only doable as a standalone app.

I’m happy enough with Audiobus, AUM, and Zenbeat’s ability to save channel presets and restore them to sessions.

@DSCB57 said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

I’d be perfectly happy with a rig host of just Nembrini amps/pedals/fx chains that I can foot control via midi pc/cc, just imagining being able to switch their amp channels or toggle their analog rack units on the fly makes me dream big. I can imagine an independent dev with a nonaffiliated rig host would have a hard time making it stable, having to incorporate all the various amp sims and pedals with their behaviors and slight coding variations. Seems to me native dedicated rig hosts are more stable for that very reason.

I realize that with AB3, AUM, and most of the DAWs you can just insert a series of AUv3 amps and effects and midi map them to turn on and off, but that’s pretty limited functionality for performing and recording. I want to be able to have a guitar rig chain open on one track inside a DAW like AP or CB3, and in one take record a whole guitar track while activating and toggling various settings on the fly, like Wah, overdrive and delay stages, etc... On the other hand you can just record a dry guitar track in many pieces and add all the fx and amps and splice it all after the fact, advantageous in some ways, but recreating a real hardware-like analog recording and performing environment is also important and inspirational. In any case, the Nembrinis sound and act just like the real thing and that’s a big deal. Having them all in a chain onstage with a midi stompbox could be ideal.

Regarding guitarist interest...whether we’re all making rock songs, ambient soundtracks, or EDM, we’re all using the same DAWs and effects and modulars with different skill sets, but we’re all in the same crossover. There should be interest and development for us all, especially with mobile creation and iOS. I switched from hardware to iOS just in the last year, and it’s exciting to be able to shed a mountain full of racks and cables.

Well Andrea did get back to me, and they are putting together a live oriented midi rig system, and also a separate IR loader, although they seem to want to wait until higher spec iPads are released. But they have no immediate plans for releasing the rig plugin.
    It seems you have more lofty goals for interaction with your DAWS - my needs seem somewhat simpler. But then again, my objective is to simplify everything as far as possible so I can get down to more playing, and less messing about to obtain a decent sound.

• @DSCB57
    A live oriented midi rig system sounds ideal, happy to wait for that, basing a live rig specifically around Nembrini. IR loader too, I’ve only recently realized their importance.

I agree with you about more playing and less fiddling. These days there are soooooo many amps to choose from, it can get tiring to even go beyond presets sometimes. But my point is to potentially integrate the same rig in my home studio and a live setting. I love a real bulky amp and pedal board, but the idea of bringing an iPad and a tiny interface with XLR out or L/R out and midi foot, and hooking up to a good PA or speaker system sounds really appealing and light traveling. And I also play bass so switching to a bass chain would be easy. I imagine a scenario of creating perfectly in the studio but having to recreate live with bulky amps and pedalboards or hiring a whole session band. So want to bridge that gap with more integrated functionality on iOS. Anyway it’s not like I have any tours booked. Been there done that. Just trying to record different albums at home and want the best guitar rig around me without the cops getting called for loud nuisance!

• @And_Nembrini said:
    I would like to thank everybody who’s bought our apps during the summer sale (and obviously all the guys who had bought them out of the sale too...😅)

We hope to bring you always better products to help you with the great passion for music!
    All the very best,
    Andrea

Thank you for letting us catch up on our Nembrini Audio collections.. You've brought us so many flavours (with more to come, I'm sure) of guitar goodness.. it was a little (r)evolutionary for me.. so many good tones within each amp.. I find myself usually using ONLY the amp sim.. don't really need effects - OR - find myself using very minimal rigs.. maybe a delay (Delay3000) or FAC Phazer.. I find the rest of the "stuff" usually messes with the tone too much.. But.. that could just be me.. I've always been a - "the simpler, the better" - kinda guy..

I truly look forward to your future apps on iOS.. I think you've had a great run so far.. your passion inspires our passion.. carry on.. B)

• +1 I've played more the last few weeks than I have for a long, long time, largely because I'm finally enjoying how it sounds rather than constantly thinking what I might be able to do next to make it not suck as bad.

• I’m late to this, but the sexist bikini-girl image for this promo is definitely not cool.

• edited July 2020

This is slightly OT for this thread (sorry) but I’ve tried asking by email and on GS and can’t seem to get an answer: with the desktop plugins is there any way to change preset from the host (or even to toggle the A<>B switch), @NembriniAudio @And_Nembrini ? I can’t find any way and this makes it really challenging for live use.

• edited July 2020

@mistercharlie said:
    I’m late to this, but the sexist bikini-girl image for this promo is definitely not cool.

Can you explain why you regard that image as sexist? It says summer fun to me, it is not sexualised or suggestive in any other way.

Edit: I get very angry at video software companies, Blackmagic to be specific, trying to make edit suites look sexy by draping young women around them in their adverts, but I don’t think this compares.

• @steve99 said:

@mistercharlie said:
    I’m late to this, but the sexist bikini-girl image for this promo is definitely not cool.

Can you explain why you regard that image as sexist? It says summer fun to me, it is not sexualised or suggestive in any other way.

Edit: I get very angry at video software companies, Blackmagic to be specific, trying to make edit suites look sexy by draping young women around them in their adverts, but I don’t think this compares.

We are bombarded with these kinda arguing all over the World. Can we keep it out of our pleasant music discussions.

• @ecou said:

@steve99 said:

@mistercharlie said:

We are bombarded with these kinda arguing all over the World. Can we keep it out of our pleasant music discussions.

On reflection I agree entirely, I retract my question.

• @steve99 said:

@ecou said:

@steve99 said:

@mistercharlie said:

On reflection I agree entirely, I retract my question.

😃👍

• @mistercharlie said:

How funny the world is.
    Whatever you do you will always find someone ready to criticize you.
    Take for example our universe of music software: you offer a product and there will be someone who complains because the price is high, someone because you don't make discounts, someone because you make discounts after he has bought at full price, someone else because it is not compatible with third-party software or with its old device, someone else complains because it is too high gain, others for the opposite reason, and so on...
    But they are all normal reactions, things you have to expect, and that sometimes happen to us when we buy software from other devs. It's part of the game, I accept it with serenity.

But, being told that an innocent 1950s-style drawing with a girl playing beach volleyball is sexist, well, that never happened to me.
    But thank you for letting us know, because if, even in a totally involuntary way, we have hit someone's sensitivity, we apologize.
    Regards,
    Andrea

• @And_Nembrini said:

@mistercharlie said:

How funny the world is.
    Whatever you do you will always find someone ready to criticize you.
    Take for example our universe of music software: you offer a product and there will be someone who complains because the price is high, someone because you don't make discounts, someone because you make discounts after he has bought at full price, someone else because it is not compatible with third-party software or with its old device, someone else complains because it is too high gain, others for the opposite reason, and so on...
    But they are all normal reactions, things you have to expect, and that sometimes happen to us when we buy software from other devs. It's part of the game, I accept it with serenity.

But, being told that an innocent 1950s-style drawing with a girl playing beach volleyball is sexist, well, that never happened to me.
    But thank you for letting us know, because if, even in a totally involuntary way, we have hit someone's sensitivity, we apologize.
    Regards,
    Andrea

Such grace. Gotta love AB forum lol.

• Gotta love @And_Nembrini!

(This coming from the person responsible for at least two of the complaints he sited above! 🤣)

Power on, Andrea!!!

• @SNystrom said:
    Gotta love @And_Nembrini!

(This coming from the person responsible for at least two of the complaints he sited above! 🤣)

Power on, Andrea!!!

Complaints can be helpful in making a better product.
    The important thing is the intention with which you make them (and if I may add, also the attitude with which they are received).
    A better product makes everyone, devs and users, happy. 😎

• @And_Nembrini said:

@SNystrom said:
    Gotta love @And_Nembrini!

Power on, Andrea!!!

Complaints can be helpful in making a better product.
    The important thing is the intention with which you make them (and if I may add, also the attitude with which they are received).
    A better product makes everyone, devs and users, happy. 😎

Your products reflect the attitude expressed here.