Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How Many Lefties Here?

Comments

• @GLacey said:

@Krupa said:
    Leftie for most things, writing, drawing, football, skateboard, but weirdly never even thought about playing guitar that way round...

I was wondering if a left handed guy starts learning guitar from let's say the age 8, will he become a better guitar player if he learns and gets used to a left handed guitar?

Good question, my son is mostly left handed but the guitar shop guy recommended starting off right handed on guitar. So far he’s not really taken to it but whether that’s down to being a lefty or just not keen on practising.

• raises left hand

• @GrimLucky said:

@GLacey said:

@Krupa said:
    Leftie for most things, writing, drawing, football, skateboard, but weirdly never even thought about playing guitar that way round...

I was wondering if a left handed guy starts learning guitar from let's say the age 8, will he become a better guitar player if he learns and gets used to a left handed guitar?

Good question, my son is mostly left handed but the guitar shop guy recommended starting off right handed on guitar. So far he’s not really taken to it but whether that’s down to being a lefty or just not keen on practising.

I started learning guitar at fifteen but had always air guitared up to that point right handed as far as I can remember 🤣

• everything right handed except writing/ drawing. definitely more control on the left.
    cross dominance of the eyes/ brain makes aiming bows and guns very tricky. not sure if there’s implications for software

• @flo26 said:
    Left-handed here.

Do you play left handed guitars?

• Interestingly although I’ve always had left-handed stringing on any guitar I’ve had since I was a teenager, when I bought a ukulele a few years ago I decided to keep it strung the shop-bought way. I thought the stringing for a uke was quite far enough away from a guitar that it needed learning all over again anyway, so I decided to learn it strung the right-handed-backwards way as that way if someone else had a ukulele I could at least have a go on it. The problem with guitars is other people inevitably have theirs strung backwards because they’re inevitably right-handed, so I can’t do anything on it if given a chance of a thrash.

• @ecou said:

@flo26 said:
    Left-handed here.

Do you play left handed guitars?

No i’ve always played right-handed guitars.
    I’ve tried to play left-handed guitars,but i can’t.
    I’m so used to this😉.

• @u0421793 said:
    Interestingly although I’ve always had left-handed stringing on any guitar I’ve had since I was a teenager, when I bought a ukulele a few years ago I decided to keep it strung the shop-bought way. I thought the stringing for a uke was quite far enough away from a guitar that it needed learning all over again anyway, so I decided to learn it strung the right-handed-backwards way as that way if someone else had a ukulele I could at least have a go on it. The problem with guitars is other people inevitably have theirs strung backwards because they’re inevitably right-handed, so I can’t do anything on it if given a chance of a thrash.

I always thought guitars were backward. Why have your dominent hand hold the pick and your right hand play complex chord shape ??

• I'm left-handed, but I trackpad right, use scissors right, shoot right as a hockey player, and my right hand is stronger when playing piano.

• @ecou said:

@u0421793 said:
    Interestingly although I’ve always had left-handed stringing on any guitar I’ve had since I was a teenager, when I bought a ukulele a few years ago I decided to keep it strung the shop-bought way. I thought the stringing for a uke was quite far enough away from a guitar that it needed learning all over again anyway, so I decided to learn it strung the right-handed-backwards way as that way if someone else had a ukulele I could at least have a go on it. The problem with guitars is other people inevitably have theirs strung backwards because they’re inevitably right-handed, so I can’t do anything on it if given a chance of a thrash.

I always thought guitars were backward. Why have your dominent hand hold the pick and your right hand play complex chord shape ??

you make a good point, adversely my picking, strumming and rhythm lag far behind.

• @ecou said:

@u0421793 said:

Ask all those right-handed people that.

• Lefty! 😌☝️
    Play right hand guitar though. ❤️

• @auDSPr said:
    I'm left-handed, but I trackpad right, use scissors right, shoot right as a hockey player, and my right hand is stronger when playing piano.

Using scissors with your left hand makes them almost totally ineffective.

My left-handed sewing mother was never so happy as she was on the day my father found her a pair of left-handed scissors back in the 70's.

• Lefty. Mouse right though. Somewhat ambidextrous as I’m sure many lefties are in this right-hand dominant world.

• edited July 2020

Somewhere I read that around 10% of world population are left handed, but, in the top of the best in Tennis and Soccer, 25% are lefties!

Me myself is just like @Samu - I’m born lefthanded but use my both hand depending of situation...

• edited July 2020

Left-handed for writing (who does that anymore?) and right-handed for everything else. Being left-handed was a lot of annoying extra work as a kid so I largely became right-handed.

Not so oddly, in my day job I'm either a UX designer or user researcher (an analytical creative - and no, I'm not good at math). I'm often working with left-handed people in my jobs.

• Hold also in mind that the best brains in the world was lefthanded: Da Vinci, Jimi Hendrix, Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs, Isaac Newton...

• @u0421793 said:

@ecou said:

@u0421793 said:

Ask all those right-handed people that.

I am one of those right handed people. Lol what am I doing in this thread. 🤔🤔🤫🤫

• @ecou, no problem, this is a bilateral thread. I once lived in St. Augustine Florida and often found myself sitting down to a meal with alllefties. A godsend, cause as a lefty you have to rush for the two corners of a table where youbwon’t have to cudgel elbows with the righties.

• Oddly neither...I find I have a different dominant hand for different things, mostly left hand for very fine motor skills but right for strength and writing (but I can write well with my left hand too).

Most of the time I just use whichever hand is easiest, but neither is really dominant.

• A surprising number of U.S. presidents were left-handed, including Barack Obama
    James Garfield, Harry Truman, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and sadly, Herbert Hoover.

According to govtech.com:

"Establishing left-handedness in people who lived prior to the 20th century is difficult, because back then, left-handedness was considered a disability and children were forced out of the habit, so there may have been others.

While just 10 percent of the population is left-handed, six of the last 12 presidents have been, and many of the losing presidential candidates were left-handed as well.

Some scientists believe that left-handed people are capable of “a wider scope of thinking,” a theory that explains the high percentage of Nobel Prize winners, writers and painters who are left-handed."

Perhaps this "wider scope of thinking" also helps explain why "Failing President Trump" is right-handed! 🤗

• I’m a lefty here in So Cal. But...I mouse right as well as scissor & playing piano

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You don’t use both hands for that? Ok.

• "So you're ambidextrous?"
    "On the contrary, I'm equally good with both hands."
    (can't remember who, Abbot and Costello?)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    thinking about eating
    how is eating with fork left and knife right as a lefty?

All goes down the same pipe. 😜

• I’m a left eyed photographer.. does that count?..
    Now, quick question.. why is a right foot forward skateboarder called a goofy foot? Regular stance is left foot forward.. I guess it’s because you’re pushing with your dominant leg.. always wondered.. solved it myself.. carry on.. 😁

• edited July 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.