Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best way to mess with samples on a time line? - Solved!

2»

Comments

• @senhorlampada : yup, still using Multitrack DAW (despite having Cubasis 2, Nanostudio and BM3) for my long form sample recording arranging. Workflow goes: muck about in AUM with MIDI generators, synths, fx and everything audio, making heavy use of per channel or bussed Mini mixes of File Player, and often back and forthing to AudioShare to edit resultant loops. When everything is running with the precision of a Swiss watch, select IAA instead of speaker for the channel outs, hop over to Multitrack DAW, and set up corresponding channels. Hit record. Let everything run for 10 minutes. Then start tweaking, shifting and cutting resultant tracks in Multitrack. Do a mix down. Upload to SoundCloud. Move on... :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    @senhorlampada : yup, still using Multitrack DAW (despite having Cubasis 2, Nanostudio and BM3) for my long form sample recording arranging. Workflow goes: muck about in AUM with MIDI generators, synths, fx and everything audio, making heavy use of per channel or bussed Mini mixes of File Player, and often back and forthing to AudioShare to edit resultant loops. When everything is running with the precision of a Swiss watch, select IAA instead of speaker for the channel outs, hop over to Multitrack DAW, and set up corresponding channels. Hit record. Let everything run for 10 minutes. Then start tweaking, shifting and cutting resultant tracks in Multitrack. Do a mix down. Upload to SoundCloud. Move on... :)

Care to share a link to your SoundCloud? I’d love to check out the results

• @espiegel123 : here’s the link.

https://soundcloud.com/irena-svetlovska

My two most recent tracks have used Ableton for tweaking the arrangements after the fact, but they have all been first put through Multitrack DAW since I bought it back in June. I do it as an insurance policy to capture the lightning in a bottle moment, after way too many experiences of ‘state saving’ not getting me back on re opening to anything like the track I had when I closed it.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @espiegel123 : here’s the link.

My two most recent tracks have used Ableton for tweaking the arrangements after the fact, but they have all been first put through Multitrack DAW since I bought it back in June. I do it as an insurance policy to capture the lightning in a bottle moment, after way too many experiences of ‘state saving’ not getting me back on re opening to anything like the track I had when I closed it.

I look forward to checking them out.

• @Svetlovska's tracks are pure gold. Totally my vibe
    Thanks for the feedback. My workflow would make sense like yours. I have been recording to hardware. But it takes too much time and sometimes I just wanna grab the ipad and go :lol:

• @Svetlovska said:

Very cool work!

Trippy coincidence : for the past several weeks I’ve been working on a song with the same opening chords used in Strange Eons.

• @Svetlovska said:

Wow. That's intergalactic fighting music right there. Powerful stuff.

• edited November 2020

@espiegel123 : Hey, thanks for the listen. And: there are chords? You’ll have to tell me what they are ;)

I quite seriously don’t know what I’m doing with my noises, which is frustrating at times. If I did know at least a little musical theory, I think I could make better noise. I am trying to learn, my biggest ongoing issue is how to develop a piece beyond a single cool riff or loop into something more organic, without falling into the trap of making an actual ‘song’. (I have a horror of verse, chorus, middle eight.)

@JohnnyGoodyear : ‘intergalactic fighting music’? I love that :) Thanks! Makes me think of this:

• @Svetlovska said:
    I quite seriously don’t know what I’m doing with my noises, which is frustrating at times. If I did know at least a little musical theory, I think I could make better noise.

Something I have played as a challenge to myself. Got a chord sequence (like those you can generate with the click of a button with Chordbot), then either focusing on the chord changes or each at a time, try to tune sampled stuff from random noises + cuts from movies and whatnot / or found-sounds to those chords

The mojo was "I'm not working on emotion, i'm doing what the voices on my head are telling me" :lol:

• edited November 2020

@senhorlampada : excellent idea, an experiment I may attempt. :) I feel that Eno’s Oblique Strategies (I have an app version) are useful in this regard.