Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

K-Devices TTAP released! Full video walkthrough here. Love this app!! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Comments

• @despego said:

@Samu said:
    I always though the T N D stood for Triplet, Note and Dotted :D

This

When @Samu put the laughing face there, I thought he was kidding. Many a truth told in jest...

• @gusgranite said:

@Samu said:

@david_2017 said:

@gusgranite said:

@david_2017 said:

@gusgranite said:

@david_2017 said:
    I am so happy that K-Devices poured out some love into the iOS world!!! I am a fanboy. I love their complex apps, and their interpretation of GUI Design! I love the sound the possibilities.

We need randomization for their plugs.

It takes a one time setup but I use the MIDI CC Randomizer preset in Mozaic to randomize parameters in apps that don’t have randomization built in.

I would love to see this in action. How tonest it up for instance :-)

Super quick demo just to show the process. @Gavinski ’s gonna say ‘See, I told you it will sound crap!’ :joy:

Love it!!
    But you have to assign these parameters manually. However it’s cool! A keeper for Mozaic haha 👊🏼

Yes, it is a complete pain. But if you save the AUM session then you can recall it and switch out the sound source. Great for cutting loops in AUM.

Now if @j_liljedahl would consider adding a checkbox next to AU parameters and then a top level random button we would be sorted! :wink:

That's a brilliant idea! Along with a search box for parameters so you don't have to scroll through hundreds to find what you want. Of course, devs could always stop being so lazy assed about how they expose the parameters and learn from the great example of Nikolozi and FabFilter of a) naming parameters clearly and b) organising them in submenus instead of just one big list, often a very poorly organized list at that.

• @ALB said:

@despego said:

@Samu said:

This

When @Samu put the laughing face there, I thought he was kidding. Many a truth told in jest...

Hahaha, you thought 'no, this is a K-Devices app, it's gotta be something more freaky and esoteric than that 😝'

• @Gavinski mate
    who won !?:)
    it's too here to wait!
    thanks.

• Winner will be announced tmrw morning my time, which might be tonight your time depending where you are. Hang in there 😂

• @Gavinski
    thank you:) lookin fwd for the dirty hand of destiny:)

• Little reminder folks that the winners of the free codes will be announced about 8 hours from now, details pinned at the top of the youtube comments section, good luck 😜

• Translation: in 8 hrs, I’ll be getting this app one way or another ;)

@Gavinski said:
    Little reminder folks that the winners of the free codes will be announced about 8 hours from now, details pinned at the top of the youtube comments section, good luck 😜

• Haha, yeah, at least it's going at a very reasonable price!

• @Gavinski said:

@Aletheia you wrote a very interesting comment on the YouTube page (according to an email notification I got), but weirdly it has disappeared, so I can't reply. This sometimes happens with YouTube, as @despego has pointed out to me before.

I rewrote it but it seems it's still jinxed :)) if I am logged in with that account I can see both my comments (the initial and the repost). But if I check it with an unlogged account it seems still to vanish...Cheeky Youtube

• I had to save it from the spam filter. They're literally putting 5 star comments in the spam, lordy lordy!

• And the lucky code winners are... (drum roll 🥁 🥁 🥁)... NK Turley and Sparkles of Gold, big congrats! And congrats to those who didn't win that they are now finally free to buy this thing without worrying they'll have wasted their cash!

• I bought last night. It’s really great!

• I agree! It's very different, and takes some playing around with, but you learn so much about delays in the process.

• Bought it, love it. So cheap for what it can do. It inspired an immediate looping jam with GTL and the nembrini fender amp

• The ‘repeat’ function with adjustable segment length, in particular, makes it pretty unique I think!

• congrats winners✌🏽

• +1 on to the App Store

@reasOne said:
    congrats winners✌🏽

• Amazing delay. Do you have to save as a session via AUM?

• Just made a 3 track loop in aum with synthmaster one, phasemaker, continua bass and woott on my s1 patch. TTAP also. Will make a full track soon as its just demo.

• Want to like it but don’t really. I’m just experimenting, but It’s not doing anything that makes me particularly want to learn to tame it. like the interface though.

• Its the best effect. Almost like a synth. Better than Ultratap and sf-1. Ultratap is for instruments like a guitar. Sf-1 adds extra sounds. TTAP is just mad. Think theres a bug on the Mod. Seems to lose signal when mod is dialled left and have to reload. Then again I always think something is wrong, when there isnt.

• @sigma79 said:
    Its the best effect. Almost like a synth. Better than Ultratap and sf-1. Ultratap is for instruments like a guitar. Sf-1 adds extra sounds. TTAP is just mad. Think theres a bug on the Mod. Seems to lose signal when mod is dialled left and have to reload. Then again I always think something is wrong, when there isnt.

Dis-a. Ultra Tap rules and is much easier to dial in.

• @oat_phipps said:

@sigma79 said:
    Its the best effect. Almost like a synth. Better than Ultratap and sf-1. Ultratap is for instruments like a guitar. Sf-1 adds extra sounds. TTAP is just mad. Think theres a bug on the Mod. Seems to lose signal when mod is dialled left and have to reload. Then again I always think something is wrong, when there isnt.

Dis-a. Ultra Tap rules and is much easier to dial in.

Its good, yeh.

• It's hard to dial in, no question, but it clicks eventually, or did for me anyway. The mod and bend functions in particular are not things you can just mess around with and expect them to sound good. Though you have a lot more mileage with them on these kind of drone sounds (posted earlier by K-Devices)

• I'm still trying to wrap my head around the time and section knobs.
    If I understand correctly the time is the "normal" delay time and section controls the modulation parameters?

If you ever have the time, @Gavinski could you do an in-depth tutorial on these two controls?

• Hang on, I'll send u something I wrote about it at the time I made the tutorial. Is this clear enough?:

Ttap is a double tape delay and also a microlooper, thanks to the fact that the 'tape' can be repeated.

Time - sets the delay time for both delays, but the second delay can be manually shifted forward so it begins later than the first. Section controls the maximum shift mount of the 2nd delay.

Section - as mentioned, sets the maximum time for the shift for the 2nd delay. Also the length of repeated tape segments, the speed of the panning effect controlled by 'spread', the length of the envelopes, the length of tape that can be 'bent'.

IF ENVELOPE IS DISABLED THE DELAY WILL REPEAT THE SAME LENGTH OF TAPE AS IF THE ENVELOPE IS ENABLED, BUT IT WILL SOUND GLITCHY BECAUSE THERE IS NO GRADATION OF ATTACK ETC

Bend modulation sets the amount of lfo modulation of the bent tape segment. Its frequency is set by section value.

• @Gavinski said:
    Hang on, I'll send u something I wrote about it at the time I made the tutorial. Is this clear enough?:

Ttap is a double tape delay and also a microlooper, thanks to the fact that the 'tape' can be repeated.

Time - sets the delay time for both delays, but the second delay can be manually shifted forward so it begins later than the first. Section controls the maximum shift mount of the 2nd delay.

Section - as mentioned, sets the maximum time for the shift for the 2nd delay. Also the length of repeated tape segments, the speed of the panning effect controlled by 'spread', the length of the envelopes, the length of tape that can be 'bent'.

IF ENVELOPE IS DISABLED THE DELAY WILL REPEAT THE SAME LENGTH OF TAPE AS IF THE ENVELOPE IS ENABLED, BUT IT WILL SOUND GLITCHY BECAUSE THERE IS NO GRADATION OF ATTACK ETC

Bend modulation sets the amount of lfo modulation of the bent tape segment. Its frequency is set by section value.

Thanks @Gavinski
    It’s clearer now but I still have to play around with those parameters.

• They really need to write less terse manuals. It took me donkeys to figure this thing out properly!!

• @Gavinski said:
    They really need to write less terse manuals. It took me donkeys to figure this thing out properly!!

Yes, I look there first but it's more like a telegram :open_mouth: