Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electric Vintage by apeSoft, coming soon

Comments

• Yeah man, the effects are great! I can see ppl digging this release a lot.

• How soon is soon :)

Fingers crossed the envelope will come.
    It sounds awesome!

• Email Alessandro so he can gauge interest! I already have, and hope more people will too so that he knows its a feature many of us want :)

@david_2017 said:
    How soon is soon :)

Fingers crossed the envelope will come.
    It sounds awesome!

• @aleyas - Alessandro added an ADSR envelope in a few beta releases ago. FYI

😉

• @Daveypoo said:
    @aleyas - Alessandro added an ADSR envelope in a few beta releases ago. FYI

😉

YES!!!!

• edited July 2020

This app is really spectacular, you guys. It just sounds beautiful - the sampling is really well done. If you haven't checked out Doug's stream from yesterday, you should.

• Is there a date for this?

• Attack Softener?

• @oat_phipps I don't know of anything for sure, but there have been maybe 9 different beta versions so I would imagine this'll drop any day now.

@LinearLineman There is an ADSR envelope that was just added so you can take the edge off the front end if need be.

The Rhodes sampled for this app is a bit grittier and honestly sounds more like my old '77 Rhodes Mark I that I owned for 15 years than NSKS2 does. That's not to say that NSK sounds bad - just like guitars of the same year/make/model sound different and cars of the same year/make/model drive differently, Rhodes' models sound different. This one really puts me in my happy place - gives me that barky, 70's -style tone I love so much.

• @Daveypoo said:
    That being said, I'll NEVER delete NSK as it has all the OTHER tones (Wurly, Rhodes Suitcase, Clav, CP-80) that I want too.

You forgot Dyno. We are revoking your certification… please return your certificates via postal mail within 14 days.

• edited July 2020

@Daveypoo said:
    @oat_phipps I don't know of anything for sure, but there have been maybe 9 different beta versions so I would imagine this'll drop any day now.

@LinearLineman There is an ADSR envelope that was just added so you can take the edge off the front end if need be.

The Rhodes sampled for this app is a bit grittier and honestly sounds more like my old '77 Rhodes Mark I that I owned for 15 years than NSKS2 does. That's not to say that NSK sounds bad - just like guitars of the same year/make/model sound different and cars of the same year/make/model drive differently, Rhodes' models sound different. This one really puts me in my happy place - gives me that barky, 70's -style tone I love so much.

I owned and gigged (usually through an old MXR phase 90 and Twin Reverb) with a Mk1 Stage 73 for many years also. I’ve only listened to the first 5 mins of Doug’s demo, and haven’t used the app like you have, but I was massively underwhelmed by what I heard. Sounded like any generic EP patch on any number of other ROMplers out there.

It certainly had that bark, but I was really missing the tine-y tinkle, the farty buzz on the low notes, and the mechanical noises that are present in a real Rhodes and are available in NSK. Perhaps they are demonstrated later in the video?

I look forward to one of your excellent demos to prove my brief first impressions wrong!

• @TimRussell said:
    It certainly had that bark, but I was really missing the tine-y tinkle, the farty buzz on the low notes, and the mechanical noises that are present in a real Rhodes and are available in NSK. Perhaps they are demonstrated later in the video?

Mechanical sounds, no - they are not included beyond whatever was sampled for the tones. I don't notice that they are missing, however you may.

Tiney tinkle - also not there, but that's not the Rhodes sound I like, and the one I owned was meatier and barkier rather than tiney and tinkley. I'd say the difference is that of the late '60s/early 70s Rhodes to those (wood hammers) made in the late 70s/early 80s (plastic hammers) and the tone here reflects that to my ears. I get plenty of tinkle from NSK & the DX7-type EPs, so I don't need that here. Half the time that's the tony I'm trying to get AWAY from, but that's just my taste.

Farty buzz - it's definitely got some hair on the notes if you slap the keys really hard (both upper register and bass notes), but whether it does it to your taste is something I can't answer. I dig it, but if I want to get REALLY deep into mechanical tones, etc (customizability), then I'll grab NSK. But lately I've just wanted to PLAY and this has fit the bill nicely.

Looks like a final beta was just released, so I can only guess this'll drop in the next few days. Alessandro's usually pretty quick to get these out once he's got a version he's happy with.

• I’ll echo Daveypoo. It’s nice to have something simple you just load and play, and not have the temptation to scroll through hundreds of presets and tweak. It sounds satisfying enough for me for that purpose.

• Yeah, I do like the sounds and simplicity of this one. And @Daveypoo and @TimRussell - great dialogue to enrich our understanding of what this app is and isn’t. Thanks.

I do hope Alessandro gets back to making the oddest and most brilliantly adventurous apps around. I don’t use GliderVerb or Daedalus on every track, but I do use something of theirs on every track; nobody has done more for psychedelia on iOS...

• @mulletsaison said:
    Yeah, I do like the sounds and simplicity of this one. And @Daveypoo and @TimRussell - great dialogue to enrich our understanding of what this app is and isn’t. Thanks.

I do hope Alessandro gets back to making the oddest and most brilliantly adventurous apps around. I don’t use GliderVerb or Daedalus on every track, but I do use something of theirs on every track; nobody has done more for psychedelia on iOS...

+1 really, really looking forward to the next super-out-of-the-box thing they do!

• @mulletsaison but oh - don't forget that both gliderverb and dedalus are actually Amazing Noises apps! Though I've been known to confuse the two myself 😂

• Got it! Great, but uses a lot of CPU. IMHO.

• @VoytecG said:
    Got it! Great, but uses a lot of CPU. IMHO.

Weird, it uses like 7% for me on my air 1 even with effects

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@VoytecG said:
    Got it! Great, but uses a lot of CPU. IMHO.

Weird, it uses like 7% for me on my air 1 even with effects

Thanks for the info! I'm going to start a thread in "off-topic" section. I'm getting CPU spikes with the only one app.

• I wish they would do a solo violin. Thumbjam has the best so far, maybe. Oh, and a trumpet!

• @LinearLineman said:
    I wish they would do a solo violin. Thumbjam has the best so far, maybe. Oh, and a trumpet!

I’ve been dying for a good flute for some jazzy funk

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I wish they would do a solo violin. Thumbjam has the best so far, maybe. Oh, and a trumpet!

• How are people feeling about this app. I really want to grab it, but recently got Soundfonts AU, with some good EP Soundfonts, as well as Audiokit free Retro Piano. I also have Pure Synth Platinum. The demos sound great and I love the EP sounds... what should I do? (In A Cartman voice) Lol.

• edited July 2020

@Poppadocrock, get NSK2 first. 1/2 price now, $12.99.

• @LinearLineman said:

YES YES YES

• @richardyot have you tried Jubal Flute? Definitely not bad, of course it's nothing compared to the kind of sounds you can get using SWAM's flutes with an mpe controller.
    @LinearLineman a lot of people rave about Finger Fiddle

• edited July 2020

What is NSK2?

• @klattgalvin said:
    What is NSK2?

Neo Soul Keys 2

• @richardyot said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@LinearLineman said:

Oh funk yeah. That just sent me down a long rabbit hole of jamming with their tunes on my guitar

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Poppadocrock, get NSK2 first. 1/2 price now, $12.99.

Im on a 128 gb that’s pretty filled up, been moving samples from audioshare to external HD to try to help but still... I’d have to make some hard decisions if I got NSK2, to make space. Thanks for the suggestion though. I am going to look into that possibility. Thanks.