Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Goldwave Editor

I'm sure it has been mentioned before.

Goldwave is still in public beta and needs further testing.

You can find the link here.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/U79sV1RQ

Comments

  • I just tested this out. There is a lot of hidden power here! :smiley:

  • @reasOne said:
    cool!

    @Audiojunkie said:
    I just tested this out. There is a lot of hidden power here! :smiley:

    Yup. :)

  • I will take a closer look when it comes out, but honestly, it is going to take a lot to pry me away from Auditor.

  • edited June 29

    @CracklePot said:
    I will take a closer look when it comes out, but honestly, it is going to take a lot to pry me away from Auditor.

    I hear you.

    I don't have much need for an audio editor except for noise removal
    and the one thing that I like about Goldwave is that it has click removal.

    The GUi is built around nostalgia I must admit but if it can repair
    a guitar solo that has a click or two then I'm cool.

    Here's the list of it's functions.

  • Main thing I noticed was it's stand alone. But haven't found any show stoppers yet. No crashes, but only spent half hour with it so far

  • edited June 29

    great pitching in this one FFT style (‘time’ icon).. test it on vocals @Gravitas thnx mite buy this one

  • The GUI is so much nicer than the windows version. I am kind of interested but also am very satisfied with Auditor.

  • this is my new editor. gui is terrible but the toolbox is immense

  • @noob said:
    this is my new editor. gui is terrible but the toolbox is immense

    You're welcome.

  • @Gravitas said:

    @CracklePot said:
    I will take a closer look when it comes out, but honestly, it is going to take a lot to pry me away from Auditor.

    I hear you.

    I don't have much need for an audio editor except for noise removal
    and the one thing that I like about Goldwave is that it has click removal.

    The GUi is built around nostalgia I must admit but if it can repair
    a guitar solo that has a click or two then I'm cool.

    Here's the list of it's functions.

    Wow. Lots of good stuff in there.
    I like being able to do all that processing.

    It would be great to be able to use plugins in these, too.
    Like in TwistedWave.

  • @CracklePot

    Yeah, if we were able to use plugins
    as well that would be brilliant.

    The tools it provides are going to be well
    worth it when they finally release this one.

  • Yeah it’s coming along nicely. I like using it on my phone since auditor isn’t universal

  • And the icon is pleasingly 1996. It feels like a warm hug from the past.

  • edited June 30

    Just spent 15 minutes in it, and I’ve got to say - it’s probably my favorite iOS app for quick editing. The interface is far easier to understand than I found Auditor. Far more internal effects than anything else including TwistedWave, though having AUV3 support in the latter is helpful.

    Only thing I’m missing now that’s on desktop Audacity, is automation.

  • Hope it gets same level of Files.app integration as Auditor...
    ...but I still love using TwistedWave on both, love it’s slick UI.
    (And I use Brusfri as an AUv3 plug-in when I need to clean up the recordings).

  • Glad to learn that!
    Goldwave was my main PC audio editor for years before moving on to Sound Forge and RX advanced.

    My first capable audio editor was a Turtle Beach (are they still around?) one in 1992, then I used Yamaha TWE for a while before getting Goldwave in the mid 90's and I bought a license in 2000 something. I still have it installed and I update it regularly even if I don't use it any more.

    Its noise reduction tools were good enough to denoise Memory Collection pack 01. I switched to iZotope RX for Memory Collection 02 though.

Sign In or Register to comment.