Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New soundtestroom weekly iOS Music vblog, starts today. If you want something brought up, tell me

This is an idea I've had for a while, so I'll talk about the latest news, releases etc, visit the forum and the other main sites while making the video so its all fresh at the time,

Does anyone want anything mentioning or bringing to the attention of others, do you have a track or something you want to promote.
Do you have a gripe. Dont go mad and remember that this will be visited during the video.

Does anyone know of iminent app releases or rumours.

Any fun stuff,

There is already stacks of news around, but insight from you guys would be cool. I dont know how poplular this will be so if it does OK, And by OK I meen at least 100 views will make worthwhile, I will make it regular weekly thing, so if you dont see this before it goes out I can always put it in the next one.

There wont be any audio content, so if have a new track or video please provide a link and I will see if I can out it in thr decription on the video

Thanks
Doug

Comments

• Sounds a great idea to me Doug... I'd watch it!

• +1 Doug.

• Thanks, anything about JamMaestro you want mentioning today

• @mgmg4871 said:

+1 Doug.

Ah Morris, give me some news

• Should news go to PM?

• I'd like to see an interview with Billy Joel talking about his impressions of Loopy.

• Great idea Doug.

• For upcoming, updates, and rumors you have AB2, Final Touch, NanoStudio, MT DAW, Caustic, Auria, and dot Melody.

• Some investigative reporting to find out when Borderland Granular will get updated?

• @Seangarland said:

Some investigative reporting to find out when Borderland Granular will get updated?

Will have a look for next weeks, I'm just about to upload this first one, camera angkes a bit dodgy because I keep looking at the computer to read stuff, so I will work on that, and please give me any other news and stuff

• edited March 2014

@thesoundtestroom well there is going to be a huge V3 update in about a couple of weeks, Universal/iPad support, IAA host/node+effects, midi in/out, midi sequencing, create your own drums, custom tuning, 16 instrument slots etc (bunch of screenshots on the JM FB page). I got you on my device list anyway so I should be sending you a link to the beta in the next couple of days :)

• Awesome update then, will be mentioning that next week :-)

• edited March 2014

@Seangarland said:

Some investigative reporting to find out when Borderland Granular will get updated?

+1

• Great idea Doug

• Man, I had my pint of Guinness ready yesterday!

• edited April 2014

If your still planning this vblog, a request for Arpeggionome pro status.

Many thanks for the videos.

• I'd like to hear your thoughts on the QNeo-VoiceSynth matter. Looking forward to a new edition.

• Have you ever thought to compare the Guitar[/voice/mp3]-> MIDI apps? I'm about to do a super short write-up, but I haven't tried them all.

• Doug hasn't been feeling well, so this may be delayed.

• Thought as much...he's been rather quiet over the last few days...

Get well soon, Doug!

• This looks cool - is it a YouTube video/channel? I will check it out.

In a related question, are there any similar resources, or especially podcasts that cover iOS music? Seems like something that could be done fairly regularly with a lot of material. The only other semi-regular thing that comes to mind for me is the Mitch Gallagher Sweetwater videos, which are largely app/product reviews.

• Oh, sorry to hear that. Get well soon.