Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

*NEW* Nembrini Audio Sound-Master Custom Guitar Amplifier iOS

Comments

• @qryss said:
    So I’ve become wary but for completeness I tried the demo of the Sound-Master on desktop - and wow! This makes sounds like nothing else I’ve tried. I very soon found myself playing, not demoing, and then suddenly I’d bought it. I love it when a guitar sound makes me come up with melodies and riffs just because of its sound.

could you describe what you thought was special? All the demos of this sound a bit bright for my taste, but I'm now wondering if there might be something I'm missing.

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

So I felt I should give it a try after all the people chiming in about the iLOK software not being a pain anymore. It took me over an hour of messing with it but I finally got it working in Live and FL Studio, but not GarageBand.

The hour wasted was because I tried first from GarageBand on the Mac, and apparently it will simply not work there. It comes up with an error saying that the license manager needed to run the software isn't running ... even though it is running and works with other software. macOS Catalina, latest version. I'd be interested to know if this happens to others and if it happens in Logic Pro X too.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble. I'm just reporting my findings.

Anyway ... getting it running reminded me once again why I prefer the iPad for use with Guitar. Noise. With a battery pack powering the Apple CCK, I can get completely noiseless input, whereas with the PC and Mac I have buzz out the wazoo. Latency is better on the iPad too.

As far as the amp goes? I'm not sure. It sounded awful brittle in the few tests I did. I'm gonna assume that's just my setup on the Mac and that it'll sound great on iOS.

Despite the iLOK experience (which hasn't done a thing to lessen my dislike of it), I'm thankful to Nembrini for providing a trial version and for the super-generous intro pricing ... even though I won't be taking them up on it.

Now ... off to obliterate the 125mb of iLok software from my Mac (again). :D
    You guys that don't mind it - just ignore me. :p

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

@richardyot said:
    could you describe what you thought was special? All the demos of this sound a bit bright for my taste, but I'm now wondering if there might be something I'm missing.

I like the demos a lot. But I can say that when I tried the demo, it sounded brittle as hell. HUGE DISCLAIMER though: This is the first time I've tried playing any amp sim on my Mac. It could well be caused by something else.

I'm gonna insta-buy the iOS version based on the demos, so will know for sure in a few days. ;)

• @wim said:
    So I felt I should give it a try after all the people chiming in about the iLOK software not being a pain anymore. It took me over an hour of messing with it but I finally got it working in Live and FL Studio, but not GarageBand.

The hour wasted was because I tried first from GarageBand on the Mac, and apparently it will simply not work there. It comes up with an error saying that the license manager needed to run the software isn't running ... even though it is running and works with other software. macOS Catalina, latest version. I'd be interested to know if this happens to others and if it happens in Logic Pro X too.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble. I'm just reporting my findings.

Anyway ... getting it running reminded me once again why I prefer the iPad for use with Guitar. Noise. With a battery pack powering the Apple CCK, I can get completely noiseless input, whereas with the PC and Mac I have buzz out the wazoo. Latency is better on the iPad too.

As far as the amp goes? I'm not sure. It sounded awful brittle in the few tests I did. I'm gonna assume that's just my setup on the Mac and that it'll sound great on iOS.

Despite the iLOK experience (which hasn't done a thing to lessen my dislike of it), I'm thankful to Nembrini for providing a trial version and for the super-generous intro pricing ... even though I won't be taking them up on it.

Now ... off to obliterate the 125mb of iLok software from my Mac (again). :D
    You guys that don't mind it - just ignore me. :p

I’ve had The iLok software manager installed on my iMac for a couple years now. I can’t remember ever having a problem with any plugins I’ve installed. I did get the Sound-Master trial and used it for the 15 day trial period inside the newest version of Logic with the Catalina OS. I absolutely thought it was the best amp sim I’ve heard up to now. I ended up buying it for the Mac even though my intentions were to try it on the Mac and if I liked it I was going to get the IOS version. The price was right and just loved how it performed on my Mac. I probably won’t get it for my iPad anymore. Just doesn’t seem necessary since I can connect my Mac up to my iPad using my ICA4+.

• Tried the demo out and it’s really awesome. Sounds great, I played it with my big muff pedal and was getting some great funky fuzz leads that really captures that vintage vibe of Fenders. I’ll have to get some spring reverb going too and do some surf rock with it. I’d buy it for desktop but I just barely use my pc for music anymore other than heavy duty stuff but I’ll definitely grab it for iOS even if there isn’t a sale price or anything

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

@Philh0954 said:
    I’ve had The iLok software manager installed on my iMac for a couple years now. I can’t remember ever having a problem with any plugins I’ve installed. I did get the Sound-Master trial and used it for the 15 day trial period inside the newest version of Logic with the Catalina OS. I absolutely thought it was the best amp sim I’ve heard up to now. I ended up buying it for the Mac even though my intentions were to try it on the Mac and if I liked it I was going to get the IOS version. The price was right and just loved how it performed on my Mac. I probably won’t get it for my iPad anymore. Just doesn’t seem necessary since I can connect my Mac up to my iPad using my ICA4+.

Good to know it works with Logic. It might just be GarageBand that has an issue with the license manager. Or maybe it's the latest iLok version, since I just installed it for the first time. Or it might just be it dicking around with me 'cuz of my bad attitude. :D

Oh well. I really don't need it for desktop.

• Do you have some orange amp planned or under development? I think there is something special with the orange tone combined with a dirty bass synth.

• No idea what their future amps might be — except that @NembriniAudio folk were on the fourum asking about whether we would be more interested in 15 or 30 watt amp (alluding to a Vox, presumably).

I think after the Sound-Master hysteria dies down, perhaps we should start a thread inviting wishes about future Nembrini offerings. I imagine each of us has a wishlist, and perhaps as a collective we can assist the awesome Nembrini crew in determining amps that would be highly prized.

I for one would love to see and Orange amp — perhaps a Rockerveb??? 🤗

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

I don't need more amps. But if they can nail an AC I'll get it in a heartbeat. Most AC simulations just don't cut it.

• You also don't need more Apps — but like me, you buy them @wim! 😉

• @richardyot you want me to describe a guitar sound in useful terms? That’s going to be the hardest thing I’ve done all year and it’s been a very difficult year.

I really don’t know but I do know I was hearing sounds I can’t get from S-Gear, particularly the Wayfarer which has a very typical Fender clean channel and a more Mesa-style hot-rodded Fender dirty sound. It didn’t sound very ‘normal’ Fender to me at all and it therefore added to what I currently have.

But there was (here we go...) a kind of smokey overdrive sound that got me going. Neck pickup (one coil of a WRHB) and on the edge of breakup. And overall I felt there was a string clarity that I don’t normally hear that I felt would be good to cut through a mix instead of just adding the usual mud. Maybe that’s what @wim is describing as brittle..?

• @qryss thanks for the explanation, it actually makes sense. I think I’m after a warmer tone, and I’m pretty happy with the Cali Reverb so I will stick with that.

• There is a contingent of people who just don't like any type of copy protections/anti-piracy measures. You'll get reasonings from the consumer advocacy slant of "You never own anything!" to those who say their freedom is being impinged upon.

I remember when I first got into recording in the early 90's there was controversy around DAT and it's copy system SCMS (it was colloquially known as "Scums"). Since DAT failed as a consumer platform the pro audio world that adopted it didn't want the hassle of worrying about not being able to make copies of copies.

That type of thing I totally understand but being angry at systems that are there to make sure you're licenced to use a piece of software I don't get. The hassles I experienced with the USB iLok years ago were decidedly first world problems. Like entering my password a few times or the delay when loading a session and the licenses were cleared for all the plug-in's being used on that session. At worst we're talking 30-45 seconds. Nothing to lose sleep over.

• @Philh0954 said:
    I’ve had The iLok software manager installed on my iMac for a couple years now. I can’t remember ever having a problem with any plugins I’ve installed.

My experience as well using the software iLok manager app for a few years. No problems with a half dozen developers and maybe 25 plugins. I should add that I haven’t tried it with GB, only Logic Pro.

• All our apps have a problem with GarageBand. We are working to fix it as it’s a know issue.

If it is true that a some years ago many people had problems with the use of the iLok dongle (especially on windows systems), today with the new generation of protection algorithms and without the need to use a real USB hardware dongle, the situation it is definitely better and the problems are practically absent in every hardware and software system that we have been able to test.
    Honestly, if you look at the size of many plugins or libraries, and the size of the today desktop HDs, 125 Mb seems to be a drop in the bucket nowadays.
    But of course, we don't all feel the same way.
    Regards.
    Andrea

• ❤️ Nembrini Audio! Since they’ve appeared on iOS, I’ve become a fan.. I don’t have all their stuff.. don’t need it.. I love the simplicity of just an amp (sim) + not much else.. purer tone etc.. I know for a fact that I’ll be picking up this amp.. demos I’ve heard have already sold me.. 👍

@And_Nembrini As for the desktop version..I don’t wish any hard feelings.. they’re just personal preferences.. If I’m going to be on my desktop I’ll probably mic up an actual real live amp.. 🎸 heck I could do the same with my iPad.. we have choices + options and that’s the best part.. what do I feel like experimenting with today?

• @royor said:
    ❤️ Nembrini Audio! Since they’ve appeared on iOS, I’ve become a fan.. I don’t have all their stuff.. don’t need it.. I love the simplicity of just an amp (sim) + not much else.. purer tone etc.. I know for a fact that I’ll be picking up this amp.. demos I’ve heard have already sold me.. 👍

@And_Nembrini As for the desktop version..I don’t wish any hard feelings.. they’re just personal preferences.. If I’m going to be on my desktop I’ll probably mic up an actual real live amp.. 🎸 heck I could do the same with my iPad.. we have choices + options and that’s the best part.. what do I feel like experimenting with today?

The possibilities are almost endless. There are so many choices, a great number of very good devs which make awesome softwares. A real good valve amp remains always the first choice for many guitarists, but in a lot of cases amp sims can help so much in achieving a real good sound in a mix, since they are way more easy to handle of an actual hardware chain with a real live amp.
    So we are lucky since we have all these softwares, and computers, and tablet. And phones! Who 20 years ago could thought to play his guitar (or synth, or drums...) in a phone?
    Don’t misunderstand, I LOVE analog. But digital is easier, lighter, cheaper. You can have tons of amps, cabinets, effects, for the price of a pizza. Don’t misunderstand: I LOVE pizza... 😜

• Man I’m still using the physical ilok dongle over here
    Maybe I should break free and move licences to computer haha.

No issues for me with ilok
    Just remember your password and account name

• Here we go!
    50% off intro price. Enjoy!

• Thank you, Andrea & team!!!

• Nice - looking forward to this one!

• ❤️❤️❤️Everthing Nembrini is top quality!❤️❤️❤️

• Thank you kindly for Sound Master + the intro pricing.. very much appreciated.. 👏

• Thanks very much @And_Nembrini!

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@And_Nembrini said:
    Here we go!

It's showing $19.99 in the US App Store. Is that the regular pricing or 50% off?

• @wim said:

@And_Nembrini said:
    Here we go!

It's showing $19.99 in the US App Store. Is that the regular pricing or 50% off?

Some kind of a sick joke?

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

The App Store is a sick joke sometimes.

• @wim said:

Indeed. Thought maybe they did the old on sale trick, Mark it up double and put it on sale 50 % off! I hope not

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@Bootsy said:

@wim said:

Indeed. Thought maybe they did the old on sale trick, Mark it up double and put it on sale 50 % off! I hope not

I doubt very much that's the case. It's 3:30am in Italy. I wouldn't expect them to address the pricing for several hours.

• I have full faith in @And_Nembrini and the team.

It's probably an App Store thing. We'll probably find out in a few hours when it's morning in Italy.

Curious what the posted price is in the England/U.K. App Store???