Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NuRack Auv3 FX Processor by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @White said:

@charalew said:
    Agreed. Really really like it. it's maybe not as 'playable' as the one in the Tonality beta but nevetheless it's really good and the Zoom options are very useful. @White I've been playing with the interface builder. Would it be possible to add the option to rotate objects like the Strumner itself so we could play up and down the 'strings' instead of left and right? As far as I can see this isn't currently possible?

Sorry, I'm not the developer of Nurack 😊

No worries - just you were the originally poster so thought you might be. You could have had some fun pretending to be there:-)

• edited September 2020

How do you save a new ARP Variation under a new name, so it can be selected in the ARP Variation list?

• @White said:
    How do you save a new ARP Variation under a new name, so it can be selected in the ARP Variation list?

I was wondering that and also if you can automate switching variations

• Any chance to add autotune?

• edited September 2020

Been playing with the interface builder. Have moved the strings to the right hand side and made them a bit bigger to make them easier to play. Have also made more space for the Up and Down strum buttons. It's pretty flexible! Still wish objects could be rotated though @4Pockets

• I’m looking at the midi strummer and to be frank, I don’t quite get it. What do you guys like about it and what is it useful for?. Is it for people that don’t play guitar?. You’d need a sampler of sorts after that... but you could do it with regular piano chords... I’m sure I’m missing something.

• @tahiche said:
    I’m looking at the midi strummer and to be frank, I don’t quite get it. What do you guys like about it and what is it useful for?. Is it for people that don’t play guitar?. You’d need a sampler of sorts after that... but you could do it with regular piano chords... I’m sure I’m missing something.

How do you strum on a piano? How long can you physically continue to do that for?
    The action of strumming can be so quick that it sounds like all the notes are played at the same time, but they’re not.. OR they’re so slow that it creates this beautiful rolling melody.. and I particularly love me some reverse rakes on big open chords..

For me , as a guitarist, it’s more about the arpeggio section.. this is how I would play different patterns with the fingers of my right hand (RH guitarist).. infinite variations.. all single notes OR 2 or 3 notes together with the thumb playing roots + fifths.. etc.. I can’t play this on the piano SO this will be a lifesaver..
    The ability to write your own guitar-like arpeggio patterns (variations) will be fantastic.. to easily change the strum and/or arp speed to fit the song will be super handy.. and the 12 string button will add an extra tasty flavour to the mix..

Also, the chords are voiced as a guitar player would play them.. usually quite different from piano voicings.. big difference to the ears in trying to make things sound like a real guitar.. 🎸 Just have to find some good sounding guitar patches or samples (or soundfonts) and have a go.. Don’t forget, this‘ll work great with many non-guitar sounds as well..

• Any Drambo owners who own this. Would you buy this app still, as have started to use more effects, like chorus and phaser. Or any nurack owners. Would you prefer Bleass Chorus, Bleass Flanger. Fac Phaser and maybe wov. I think these might be best individual apps. Is there enough difference in quality and in comparison to Drambo, is there loads more effects? I bought looperator which could fund an app. It crashes when accessing settings and clips too easy. Not sure whether to keep as Id have to record audio of a beat or switch presets for variation, whilst working on a track. It could also fund Mila ( another synth ) or Fundamental.

Opinions?

Thanks.

• A guitar chord is often played with 5-6 notes for most major and minor chords where as a piano is only 3 notes.
    Strumming can do patterns, arpeggios, and add rhythm to an otherwise “flat chord” aka all notes on the 1.

• @royor said:

@tahiche said:
    I’m looking at the midi strummer and to be frank, I don’t quite get it. What do you guys like about it and what is it useful for?. Is it for people that don’t play guitar?. You’d need a sampler of sorts after that... but you could do it with regular piano chords... I’m sure I’m missing something.

How do you strum on a piano? How long can you physically continue to do that for?
    The action of strumming can be so quick that it sounds like all the notes are played at the same time, but they’re not.. OR they’re so slow that it creates this beautiful rolling melody.. and I particularly love me some reverse rakes on big open chords..

For me , as a guitarist, it’s more about the arpeggio section.. this is how I would play different patterns with the fingers of my right hand (RH guitarist).. infinite variations.. all single notes OR 2 or 3 notes together with the thumb playing roots + fifths.. etc.. I can’t play this on the piano SO this will be a lifesaver..
    The ability to write your own guitar-like arpeggio patterns (variations) will be fantastic.. to easily change the strum and/or arp speed to fit the song will be super handy.. and the 12 string button will add an extra tasty flavour to the mix..

Also, the chords are voiced as a guitar player would play them.. usually quite different from piano voicings.. big difference to the ears in trying to make things sound like a real guitar.. 🎸 Just have to find some good sounding guitar patches or samples (or soundfonts) and have a go.. Don’t forget, this‘ll work great with many non-guitar sounds as well..

Sorry @ royor didn’t read your post before I posted...

• @Poppadocrock I like your to-the-point answer.. I often run on, usually losing the point somewhere in the process.. 🤣

• @sigma79 said:
    Any Drambo owners who own this. Would you buy this app still, as have started to use more effects, like chorus and phaser. Or any nurack owners. Would you prefer Bleass Chorus, Bleass Flanger. Fac Phaser and maybe wov. I think these might be best individual apps. Is there enough difference in quality and in comparison to Drambo, is there loads more effects? I bought looperator which could fund an app. It crashes when accessing settings and clips too easy. Not sure whether to keep as Id have to record audio of a beat or switch presets for variation, whilst working on a track. It could also fund Mila ( another synth ) or Fundamental.

Opinions?

Thanks.

I don't really see Nurack and Drambo as competing. They both do different things very well. If you value modular effects, or the ability to construct very flexible effects chains, then you want Nurack. If you'd rather just have a good Chorus that you can use quickly, get Bleass Chorus. Or in my case get both :)

• @cian said:

@sigma79 said:
    Any Drambo owners who own this. Would you buy this app still, as have started to use more effects, like chorus and phaser. Or any nurack owners. Would you prefer Bleass Chorus, Bleass Flanger. Fac Phaser and maybe wov. I think these might be best individual apps. Is there enough difference in quality and in comparison to Drambo, is there loads more effects? I bought looperator which could fund an app. It crashes when accessing settings and clips too easy. Not sure whether to keep as Id have to record audio of a beat or switch presets for variation, whilst working on a track. It could also fund Mila ( another synth ) or Fundamental.

Opinions?

Thanks.

I don't really see Nurack and Drambo as competing. They both do different things very well. If you value modular effects, or the ability to construct very flexible effects chains, then you want Nurack. If you'd rather just have a good Chorus that you can use quickly, get Bleass Chorus. Or in my case get both :)

Thanks clan.

• @royor said:
    @Poppadocrock I like your to-the-point answer.. I often run on, usually losing the point somewhere in the process.. 🤣

No worries I do that sometimes too. Lol.

• @PhilW said:
    @Jamie_Mallender Nice video!

Thank you! I’ll be making more - hopefully today I’ll be making one about the clip launcher and will talk through the customisation process in more depth. 🙂

• Nice job. 👍🏼

• So I just discovered the clip launcher and every single time I try to add a sample it crashes on me. No matter where I pull the sample from.

2018 IPad Pro. iOS 14.1. In AUM.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@onerez said:
    So I just discovered the clip launcher and every single time I try to add a sample it crashes on me. No matter where I pull the sample from.

2018 IPad Pro. iOS 14.1. In AUM.

I remember running into something like that. I can't remember what it was that I was doing, but when I stopped doing it that way it worked. What steps do you take to add the sample?

Oh Wait! I remember. Open the standalone and import a sample once. It should work in both versions then. You might not even have to import a sample. Just open the standalone app once.

I think it just needs to create a folder, which only the standalone can do.

• @wim yes that is what I ended up doing and it now works. Thanks man!!!!!

• Talking about the clip launcher, i think a “choke” function would be really useful to be able to use it to trigger loops. I commented on Paul’s video and he said it was doable. With a choke group you could have a loop going and pressing another loop would stop the previous one... a really simple loop player is useful.

• +1 Choke group is essential.

• Has anyone else tried the soundfont player component? I’m unable to import sf2 files that work in Bs-16i and the SoundFonts app. In NuRack they’re greyed out and unable to be selected. iOS 13.7, iPad Air2.

I’ve reported it to the support email, but wanted to check if it’s only me or not.

• If you ever suffer any kind of crash or disaster in NuRack - close everything and go and do whatever you were doing in stand-alone mode. You’ll most likely find that from there the app will function as it should inside AUM or whatever DAW. I realise this has already been answered really but I just wanted to back up that answer. Paul does mention this approach in his own videos about his apps.

• @White said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    So how do I control the pads in the strummer (other than manually).

It looks like C2 trigger the first pad, C#2 the next.... G2 the last.

I’m sure I had this working the other day but it seems not to now...anyone else see this?

• edited October 2020

I'm trying to make use of the pitch shifter but it seems the pitch shifted signal is delayed by a very noticeable amount of time, I'd say in the range of 250-500ms... might that be a problem with my device (old ipad mini 2) or is it a known problem with the nurack pitch shifter? Makes the thing pretty unusable to me...

(the pitch shifters in voicerack or garageband work with 0 latency on this ipad...)

Another question: the reverb. Even 100% wet, I still feel like I hear a lot of the original signal coming through... can't get a slow-ish swelling of volume like with other reverb plugins/pedals, it's still rather percussive?

And I wonder how to introduce pre-delay... probably by literally putting a delay in front of it and setting it up so that the 2nd repeat is already almost inaudible...

• Slowmo addition sounds awesome