Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NuRack Auv3 FX Processor by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @tahiche said:
    There’s a preset called “Sidechain Compressor”. Can you actually do sidechain compression?. I mean from one track to another...

Yes, this was the developer’s response when I asked “ Yes if you are running under AUM. You need to turn on mulri-channel audio inputs in Settings in order to do this. If you know AUM it should be as easy as using TalkBox.”

I haven’t tried it yet though.

• edited August 2020

and running under ApeMatrix all the same !

• Does this have the atomizer modules in it?

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    Does this have the atomizer modules in it?

Not exactly, but you can certainly build the equivalent with the components in it. It has automation, knobs and faders, XY pad, and all the FX such as bit crusher, filters, gate, flanger, that you would need, it seems to me. It depends on your tolerance for figuring things out. ;)

• @wim said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    Does this have the atomizer modules in it?

Not exactly, but you can certainly build the equivalent with the components in it. It has automation, knobs and faders, XY pad, and all the FX such as bit crusher, filters, gate, flanger, that you would need, it seems to me. It depends on your tolerance for figuring things out. ;)

Awesome, thanks!

• I'm trying to use NuRack in Cubasis 3. I can't seem to get midi data from Cubasis tracks into NuRack (even when selecting MIDI version of NuRack). For example, no way to drive NuRack's "Analog Sawtooth Synth" either from Cubasis midi or Cubasis keyboard... It was easy to do in Aum. Is there a trick?

• Crashes non-stop in AB, 100% crash rate. Even with the simplest setup.
    Occasional crashes in Auria.
    Compatibility mode, Single channel
    Just got this yesterday, so far completely useless.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Optahealth said:
    Crashes non-stop in AB, 100% crash rate. Even with the simplest setup.

That's odd. It's fine here.
    [edit ... well, after more testing in Audiobus, I have had some crashes. None in AUM, ever.]

[edit2 ... ok yeh, pretty messed up in Audiobus. :| Sending a report to [email protected] - it will be more effective if it comes from more than just me.]

• @Optahealth said:

What OS and hardware?

When you say AB, do you mean AB3? I ask because someone asked me for help with an AB related issue and they were using AB2 which might have been relevant.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Optahealth said:

What OS and hardware?

When you say AB, do you mean AB3? I ask because someone asked me for help with an AB related issue and they were using AB2 which might have been relevant.

6th Gen ipad 2018. Yamaha PSR e453 Midi keyboard and Audio interface.
    Reset ipad. Put just Nurack in fx slot. Audio input from keyboard. Still crashing.
    Sometimes it just sounds crappy for a minute, then crashes. Trying various presets in NUrack - Essentials, chorus

Yes, AB3 - Everything is updated current version

• @espiegel123 said:

@Optahealth said:

What OS and hardware?

Confirmed AB3, iOS 13.6.1, iPad Air 2. Basically unusable. Very solid on AUM, though.

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Optahealth said:

What OS and hardware?

Confirmed AB3, iOS 13.6.1, iPad Air 2. Basically unusable. Very solid on AUM, though.

@Michael : any ideas?

• edited September 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Optahealth said:

What OS and hardware?

No, but a crash log will help, and I can pass it onto the devs so they can fix.

1. Open the Settings app. Find Privacy, then Analytics, Analytics Data
    2. Look for entries with the app name, with the date/time that matches when you saw the crash. Note that any entries with “wakeups” in the name aren’t actually crashes, but another kind of log that isn’t much use for diagnosis: Ignore those ones.
    3. Select the entry, then tap the share button at the top right (a square with an upwards arrow) and email the contents to me.
  • wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Michael said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Optahealth said:

What OS and hardware?

No, but a crash log will help, and I can pass it onto the devs so they can fix.

1. Open the Settings app. Find Privacy, then Analytics, Analytics Data
    2. Look for entries with the app name, with the date/time that matches when you saw the crash. Note that any entries with “wakeups” in the name aren’t actually crashes, but another kind of log that isn’t much use for diagnosis: Ignore those ones.
    3. Select the entry, then tap the share button at the top right (a square with an upwards arrow) and email the contents to me.

Done. I only sent one as the error is the same in all of them. Cc’d to support @ 4pockets.com as well.

(BTW, I would be extremely interested in knowing what the resolution is as I’m getting the same error when I try to run plugins I’m trying to develop in any host other than the Apple AUv3 Demo Host, and haven’t been able to run it down.)

• Dev has identified the problem.
    The cavalry are on their way.
    An update is on the horizon.

• NuRack + Strummer + SoundFont Player:

• Wow that guitar strummer looks and sounds really good 😊

• @White said:
    Wow that guitar strummer looks and sounds really good 😊

+1 and the ability to create our own strum patterns.. 👍 Thanks Paul!

• Version 1.21 is out 😊

• The strummer is really really good

• Strummer 😍

• So how do I control the pads in the strummer (other than manually).

• NuRack is turning into the sleeper hit of the Lockdown.

Saying that the strummer has a couple of strings too many. Wonder if there is any chance it could have a Uke or Bass mode? Custom string tunings?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So how do I control the pads in the strummer (other than manually).

It looks like C2 trigger the first pad, C#2 the next.... G2 the last.

• @White said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    So how do I control the pads in the strummer (other than manually).

It looks like C2 trigger the first pad, C#2 the next.... G2 the last.

Thanks🤟

• Yes love these midi modules Paul has added the Strummer combined with the Randomiser is a fun way to experiment. I hope he makes the ARP variation GUI bigger mind.

• @Jocphone said:
    NuRack is turning into the sleeper hit of the Lockdown.

Saying that the strummer has a couple of strings too many. Wonder if there is any chance it could have a Uke or Bass mode? Custom string tunings?

+1 to that

• @Charlesalbert said:
    The strummer is really really good

Agreed. Really really like it. it's maybe not as 'playable' as the one in the Tonality beta but nevetheless it's really good and the Zoom options are very useful. @White I've been playing with the interface builder. Would it be possible to add the option to rotate objects like the Strumner itself so we could play up and down the 'strings' instead of left and right? As far as I can see this isn't currently possible?

• @charalew said:
    Agreed. Really really like it. it's maybe not as 'playable' as the one in the Tonality beta but nevetheless it's really good and the Zoom options are very useful. @White I've been playing with the interface builder. Would it be possible to add the option to rotate objects like the Strumner itself so we could play up and down the 'strings' instead of left and right? As far as I can see this isn't currently possible?

Sorry, I'm not the developer of Nurack 😊