Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NuRack Auv3 FX Processor by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• Hi,
    It seems like NuRack is crashing Zenbeats in the latest versions, iOS 14 and Zenbeats 2.0.3. Here’s my comment in case it helps anyone and I’d love to hear if any of you have encountered this issue,
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34795/roland-zenbeats-by-roland-corporation-auv3/p63
    I love NuRack, I’m disappointed about this. Also I use NuRack extensively so it’s gonna be a pain...
    I’d love to hear if any of you are having issues. I don’t know if it’s the latest version of Zenbeats, iOS 14 or a combination of both.

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

No problems here on iOS 13.7.

You should report it directly to Roland if you haven't already. The link is in the app under Help > Support. NuRack support email is support (at) 4Pockets.com.

Crash logs are usually helpful, if you know how to get and send those.

• Hi!. I contacted both.
    I’m assuming this is a crash log (would be helpful if the name was indicative). I sent it too. The magnitude of the problem and the fact that there’s no “bypass” mechanism worries me. In desktop Daws when something like this happens they usually recover and quarantine the offending plugin.

• That's great. The crash logs help developers a lot. If there is a crash log for Zenbeats too, that would probably help the Roland folks a lot.

• edited October 2020

Is there a way to expand the possible parameter values?

Say you wanted to use the multiband compressor as something like a de-esser, but the lower crossover value only goes to 1kHz or so... or pitch shift beyond 12 half steps, or...

• @dobbs said:
    Is there a way to expand the possible parameter values?

Say you wanted to use the multiband compressor as something like a de-esser, but the lower crossover value only goes to 1kHz or so... or pitch shift beyond 12 half steps, or...

No, you can’t change the parameter values.

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

Did anyone notice he added a tuner?! Sweet!

• @wim said:

Yes!. Such a needed feature.
    I always had to a) have a THU instance bypassed that I just used for the tuner, or b) tune by ear or not at all. It was mostly the latter.

Sadly, I’m not using NuRack since my recent crashes and problems. Seems like I’m the exception and no one seems to have these issues so I’m not risking it until someone else comes along and the issue is pinned.

• edited October 2020

By the way the latency introduced by the pitch shifter has disappeared after switching to a better ipad mini

Edit: Nope, still there...

• Just read on FB that a midi module that let's you automate inside AUM etc is coming in a update.

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

@tahiche said:

@wim said:

Yes!. Such a needed feature.
    I always had to a) have a THU instance bypassed that I just used for the tuner, or b) tune by ear or not at all. It was mostly the latter.

Sadly, I’m not using NuRack since my recent crashes and problems. Seems like I’m the exception and no one seems to have these issues so I’m not risking it until someone else comes along and the issue is pinned.

If you care to provide details it would be helpful. Last time there was a hard crash in Audiobus, between 4Pockets and Michael it was fixed within a matter of days.

• Hi @wim. I did contact Zenbeats and 4pockets, it’s a few comments above.

• What’s New - v1.25
    Added a new MIDI Recorder module.
    NuRack now supports 4 MIDI out ports.

• I am trying to use the new Midi Recorder, but am having no luck.
    It doesn’t seem to output the Midi.
    I am not sure if it is even recording the Midi input.
    A Midi monitor placed just before the Recorder shows activity, but a Midi monitor placed just after the Recorder never shows activity.
    Same with the internal AUM midi activity monitoring. Midi goes into NuRack, but doesn’t come out when using the Recorder.

Anybody having a better time with this?
    Is it me, or are others getting the same results?

• @CracklePot said:
    I am trying to use the new Midi Recorder, but am having no luck.
    It doesn’t seem to output the Midi.
    I am not sure if it is even recording the Midi input.
    A Midi monitor placed just before the Recorder shows activity, but a Midi monitor placed just after the Recorder never shows activity.
    Same with the internal AUM midi activity monitoring. Midi goes into NuRack, but doesn’t come out when using the Recorder.

Tried it earlier, seems it runs off the transport and records exactly what you put in when you put it in. So if you pause after pressing play, it won't play for a few. If you restart the transport it restarts the midi sequence. Wish there was a visual.

• @CracklePot said:

Same. I can't figure out how to get output. Routing is correct because Thru works, so I must just be missing something.

• @CracklePot There is a Thru button on the bottom right that may have to be engaged in order to hear (and see with a midi monitor) what's being recorded.. once recorded, it shouldn't matter if it's on or not because it should be piped to your sound source..

I had it running in AUM with OPL like this..
    -Built-in keyboard routed to both OPL + NuRack - this way I could hear what I was playing.. I believe Thru would work here too, but it gives you a warning of a potential (midi) loop that could cause problems..
    -NuRack was routed to OPL on Port 2 (#1-4 ports are the options) Swipe up on the recorder’s pad to choose which midi port to route to..
    -Hit Record on NuRack midi recorder (in this case Pad B port 2) and hit the transport in AUM
    -hit record again to stop..
    -it recorded everything I played and/or didn’t play..🙃
    -make sure the play button is engaged in the midi recorder and AUM’s transport is running to listen back..

The problem I had was that there was no way to accurately stop the recording exactly on a bar line.. this is also what I don't understand.. no way to edit or loop points of 2 or 4 bars etc.. it does exactly what it says BUT what do you do with it after if you have hanging notes or crap that needs to be removed? 🤷‍♂️ Works fine recording a Riffer riff because that’s already a specific length BUT no way to even loop that..
    A little video from Paul would be helpful because he may have other modules connected to this that would make it more useful..

• @royor
    Ah ok.
    I get it now.

I wasn’t rewinding in AUM before checking for recorded data. Once I did this, it played back what I put in.

I think my confusion was thinking it was going to loop my recordings automatically, but it seems to be a linear recorder that is tied to the timeline position in the host DAW.

Thanks for helping clarify that weirdness.
    😊

• @CracklePot said:
    I think my confusion was thinking it was going to loop my recordings automatically, but it seems to be a linear recorder that is tied to the timeline position in the host DAW.

Thanks for helping clarify that weirdness.
    😊

Yes.. linear recorder tied to the timeline position.. well, that explains it even better.. 😁
    Thank you.. and you’re welcome..

• Ahh. Same mistake here.

That’s actually excellent. I think. I’ll have to try it out.

• @wim said:
    Ahh. Same mistake here.

That’s actually excellent. I think. I’ll have to try it out.

👍🏻
    Was hoping it was the same situation for you.

• Would anybody mind checking really quick if the pitch shifter gives them a notable delay on the shifted signals? It still bugs me :D

• I don’t have NuRack yet.
    Am I an idiot?

• I may have missed this answer if it was posted already so forgive me, what is the reason to buy any of the individual 4pockets effects if you own this? There are a couple of on sale this weekend so I’m asking Midi strummer included in this... is a different

• @GPinNYC said:
    I may have missed this answer if it was posted already so forgive me, what is the reason to buy any of the individual 4pockets effects if you own this? There are a couple of on sale this weekend so I’m asking Midi strummer included in this... is a different

The separate effects have more features generally. Strummer has way more features.

• Thank you!

• Just grabbed NuRack while it's on sale for $10. Pretty impressed so far, reminds me of the old BOSS VF-1.