Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sound Design Challenge - Mela has won the pennant!

2»

Comments

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:
    i wish you could change presets without having to open the window, but just scroll thru from the main synth page while jammn

Do the twist.... ehhh in mean, do the swipe
    Left and right... yeah really hidden monster feature :)

haha the twist
    ya i discovered that but it’s behaves a little funky for me

• 9 patches and counting... excited with what you guys will come up with

• I have made 9 patches so far. This is the first time I do something like this.

It is also the first time I get peaks in AUM. I have to check the levels of those 4 Osc I'm using - DSP is around 100% with only one instance.

• Here is my first batch of 11 patches.

Programming Mela is great fun. Thanks @Nikolozi :smiley:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d946khzt1l76en7/tk32 - 11 Mela patches.zip?dl=0

• As @tk32 I came also up with 11.
    Hopefully you are doing well and have fun with dialing in some nice sounds.

Has anyone been able to dial in a nice Reese Bass? I tried but unfortunately I wasn’t really happy with the result.

• Hey all,

Wow, it's so nice to hear so many kind words about Mela. Thank you! 🙏 😍

It's first time I'm logging into the audiobus forums in a long time and I see people have been tagging me in posts, and I didn't know about those. I should check if I can get email notifications for the tags.

If you have questions or feedback about Mela and you don't see my response here, don't hesitate to email me directly. I don't check the forums regularly (although, I'll try to do it more often from now on.)

Some quick response to issues raised above:

• I'm planning to improve the preset manager, for easier navigation etc.
    • There used to be next/previous button for navigating presets, but to keep UI lean I removed them because now you can swipe left/right to achieve the same result. Note that: the swipe left/right also works for other popover controls. e.g. oscillator waveform.

I'm looking forward to checking out the presets you've made. And if you are all ok with it, once everyone's done, I'll mirror the preset on my site here for easy access: https://nikolozi.com/blog/artist-presets-for-mela

• Glad to have you here again @Nikolozi

You are welcome to mirror my presets :+1:

I'm really enjoying this synth

• To me I find the layout not very inspiring or encouraging to experiment with. I think I may just be tired of exploring synth programming as well. But I can say for sure that having to have a separate sub page for each oscillator is something I do not like.

• welcome @Nikolozi ! loving mela still here , and working on some presets this weekend

• @Philandering_Bastard hey man! Can I email you the patches? Please contact me via DM if you want to. I am excited to get this AudiobusForumPack for mela 💪🏼

Have a great day everyone !!!

• Looking forward to seeing what everyone created. :) I ended up making a total of 3 presets, including the one I posted at the beginning of the challenge.

Here's a zip file containing all three. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qokNWgcjAGWztExsHvjkaGpbbJ4jpr67/view?usp=drivesdk

Here's a demo of all three.

• @Philandering_Bastard did you ever end up collating these bad boys?I'm planning to do a video on Mela and thought I could maybe showcase a few of the presets y'all came up with!

• ya... we need these packed up for a quick dl and share!

• i still need to make mine, life’s been insane

• ok i have 4 presets ready for export, are we emailing em?

• Yeah, wanna Mail my stuff too... 11 on my plate

• edited July 2020

My first batch were a bit nuts so here's 10 pads that are a little more usable https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvupiqoqkepvsel/GGMelaPads.zip?dl=0

• @david_2017 said:
    Yeah, wanna Mail my stuff too... 11 on my plate

I have also made a few, now with better levels. I don’t have cloud services but would mail too

• Hey what about we ask @Nikolozi if he can provide an address to collect all patches and presets and he will put them together as a pack? Some of you used Dropbox to provide it already other wanted to email them.... !? Maybe he will jump in and put the pack together and upload it for us!?

• That's a good idea, because unless I'm mistaken there is currently no way to group user presets by subheadings.

• Hey all... I’m more than happy to host the presets on my site. Please email presets to mela.app [AT] icloud.com. Also, if you could provide a link to your twitter/insta/youtube/site, whatever link you want me to associate with your presets, that would be great.

Thanks David for bringing this up.

• Hey Niko, thanks for swinging in here. I sent them already to you!!!

And a big thanks to @Philandering_Bastard for giving this a spin again. Hopefully we will find a new synth and a new time frame. Was great fun. Music making is for most of us a hobby so we can guess that @Philandering_Bastard has some shuffle going on so he couldn’t collect the presets. But thanks mate for rebirthing the sounddesigningfest!

• @Nikolozi said:
    Hey all... I’m more than happy to host the presets on my site. Please email presets to mela.app [AT] icloud.com. Also, if you could provide a link to your twitter/insta/youtube/site, whatever link you want me to associate with your presets, that would be great.

Thanks David for bringing this up.

Hi, nice. I have to revisit the 11 I made and will be sending them next week.

• So, I have submitted 9 presets to Nikolozi. This is the first time I do something like this, so please be kind. I had fun.

I have also created a Soundcloud account and made a playlist:

The only added effect is Blackhole (as far as I remember). 2 of the tracks are presets from Fugue Machine - the others are generously provided by Autony, Riffer and the Linnstrument.

I don't know about Soundcloud: 5 followers 30 seconds after publishing the playlist? That smells spam&robots.

Anyway.

• Hey all... I went through the presets you've made and have to admit there are some really good ones. I'll definitely be using some of those in my music. Thank you all for your efforts, it's much appreciated!

I've linked the presets here: https://nikolozi.com/blog/artist-presets-for-mela

Please let me know if I've missed any presets or if you want me to update the your artist name or link it points to you. I'm happy to make any modifications :)

Thanks again and never stop making music :)

• @Nikolozi said:
    Hey all... I went through the presets you've made and have to admit there are some really good ones. I'll definitely be using some of those in my music. Thank you all for your efforts, it's much appreciated!

I've linked the presets here: https://nikolozi.com/blog/artist-presets-for-mela

Please let me know if I've missed any presets or if you want me to update the your artist name or link it points to you. I'm happy to make any modifications :)

Thanks again and never stop making music :)

Great! Thanks for posting them. First time I do this (presets by NO)