Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Export Dropbox to GarageBand?

When I try to export from Dropbox there is no GarageBand listed as a destination. How is it accomplished? Thanks.

Comments

• This type of file transfer is called a "share" on IOS.

DropBox manages cloud-based Folders. So, it's an other optional file-based service
    like iCloud and the Files app.

What file types are in the folder? It's the file type that determines what targeted apps are offered.

I assume you're trying to move audio from Cubasis to/from GarageBand. I think you need to export a wave file from Cubasis of a track or a mix-down of the whole project and place it in the dropbox.

• @McD, I am trying to get my sax friend to import a wav file I sent to Dropbox. He got the file somehow into GarageBand but it is not highlighted therefore inaccessible.

I have wav files in Dropbox. Cannot figure out how to import into Cubasis. Thx for yr help.

• edited June 2020

You need to use iPadOS Files app directly. Just copy the file from Dropbox Folder to « your device » (local, not iCloud) GarageBand / GarageBand File Transfer folder. The file will be available directly in GarageBand app in user audio files (where you can also drag audio loops to the arrangement). You can do exactly the same thing with Cubasis (paste file in Audio/My audio files folder).

• @Janosax . My friend has an iMac. I sent him the wav via Dropbox. The file on DP only offers “share” and “delete”. He seems to have gotten it into GarageBand, but it is grayed out.

• edited June 2020

Did you get the audio file from DB to Cubasis?

If not, here are some tips.
    Make DB visible in Files app, if it isn’t already. In the Browse panel (left side panel), there is a section called Locations. If you don’t see DB in here, hit the ... button up by the word Browse, and select Edit. You can then make different locations visible in Files, or not.

Once you can see DB in Files, find your audio file and long press it. Select Share, and then select Copy to Cubasis. If you don’t see that option, scroll to the far right edge of the Horizontal app/action list. Select the ... button labeled More.
    This will open a much larger list of apps to Share to. Look for Cubasis in that list to Share the audio file to it.

In Cubasis, you can find the audio file in your Audio section.

For getting audio into GarageBand, I open Files in slide over mode on top of the GarageBand timeline. I can drag and drop audio files from Files into GB. It makes a new Track if you drag it near the + symbol that adds new tracks.
    I don’t know the equivalent workflow for doing this on a iMac, though. Seems like it would be similar.

Not sure about the grey file thing. My guess is that the File may still be online, and it needs to be a local file. Have Saxman try downloading the audio from DB to the iMac, then try dropping it onto the timeline in GB from whatever file browser is available on the iMac.

• edited June 2020

Thanks @CracklePot for the detailed instructions. I can get a file from dB into CB no problem
    I want to get a wav file into GB from DB. I found the edit action which opens “open in...” how do I add GB to “open in”?

Also, might AudioShare work better?

• @CracklePot, I managed to get a file from Dropbox imported to a GarageBand project. Leetle by leetle!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @CracklePot, I managed to get a file from Dropbox imported to a GarageBand project. Leetle by leetle!

Awesome! 🤙🏻
    Interested in hearing what you 2 are up too.
    🙂

• @CracklePot, well, my friend has to do it on his iMac. Fortunately, I am getting one in a week or so and can possibly help him if he’s still on the ropes.