Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How can I tweak my MIDI foot controller so it responds to combined, double clicks, sequences, etc.?

2»

Comments

• @josh83 said:
    Thanks a lot, @rs2000! I will take a look at it, but first I guess I will have to figure out how to upgrade the firmware of the BlueBoard.

Definitely. This would only be a last resort if for any reason you can't upgrade your BlueBoard.

• @rs2000 said:

@josh83 said:
    Thanks a lot, @rs2000! I will take a look at it, but first I guess I will have to figure out how to upgrade the firmware of the BlueBoard.

Definitely. This would only be a last resort if for any reason you can't upgrade your BlueBoard.

I truly hope I will be able to. Although I'm an experienced programmer, the syntax of StreamByter looks very alien to me... I'd probably rather get a newer BlueBoard...

• @josh83 said:

@rs2000 said:

@josh83 said:

I truly hope I will be able to. Although I'm an experienced programmer, the syntax of StreamByter looks very alien to me... I'd probably rather get a newer BlueBoard...

Yep, I guess that's why Mozaic became more successful.
    It's sad because the StreamByter engine is very powerful.
    At least you can define macros now to wrap the assembler-like mnemonics into more human words 😇

• @rs2000 said:
    Yep, I guess that's why Mozaic became more successful.

Very interesting. Just took a look at the script language, and it feels much more intuitive.

It's sad because the StreamByter engine is very powerful.

Can you tell me a bit more about the differences? What makes StreamByter more powerful? :smile:

• Audiobus’ midi learn will allow you to have 3 functions controlled by 1 switch.

Press

Long press

Double press

• @supadom said:
    Audiobus’ midi learn will allow you to have 3 functions controlled by 1 switch.

Press

Long press

Double press

Very interesting. Thanks for pointing that out! Is there anything similar in AUM?

• @josh83 said:

@supadom said:
    Audiobus’ midi learn will allow you to have 3 functions controlled by 1 switch.

Press

Long press

Double press

Very interesting. Thanks for pointing that out! Is there anything similar in AUM?

Sorry no idea, Audiobus fan boy here ;)

• edited June 2020

@rs2000 said:

@josh83 said:

Well, it finally worked! I could finally update my old iRig BlueBoard. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I created a new topic with extensive explanations here: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24780

And meanwhile, the guys from Mozaic already sent me an answer to a similar enquiry. My email stated:

Is Mozaic able to provide what I am looking for? Using the script language, can I define combined taps (e.g. holding down one key with my left foot while pressing another key with my right foot, which would then fire a unique event), and double/triple taps, and sequences (e.g. pressing key 1, then 3, then 2 in a quick row, which would then fire a unique event)? I’m an experienced fullstack web developer, so I’ll probably master your script language pretty quickly. But would it offer what I am looking for?

Their answer:

At a quick glance it sounds like it should work.
    Combinations of key presses should be trivial. You can set states when MIDI events come in and you can easily check for combinations of states.
    Double/triple taps will be a bit more involved because you need to check the time-delta between events, but even that should be relatively straightforward.

Woohoo!!! This sounds so promising and exciting!

I'll be away for a few days now. But then I will inspect the situation further...

By the way, I also stumbled over this post giving some more details about Blue Velvet: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29902/midifire-blue-velvet-adds-up-to-24-midi-notes-controls-to-blueboard

• edited September 2020

Have a look to THE [C] CONFIG (coming soon ! I will share the whole setup)