Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive Synth and iVoxel

edited February 2013 in General App Discussion

Just an FYI, I asked VirSyn if they're hoping on the bus anytime soon,

"We are working on it. First will be Addictive Synth and iVoxel will follow soon."

Don't have Addictive Synth yet but I've had a little fun with iVoxel, probably have to pick up the synth once it's updated. Now I all I need is Alchemy and Werkbench and pretty much all of my music apps will be riding the bus!

Comments

• That's good news, Addictive synth is awesome for big full sounding pads.

• Addictive synth could be my favorite synth. Will be so stoked to have it on the bus. Werkbench is coming very soon...

• Addictive Synth is in my top 5 along with Alchemy which is soon to board the bus.

• Good news. i had iVoxel for ages but didnt rate it, then one day i dug deep..... its a freakin awesome app ! will be mint with AB

• Would you guys recommend addictive over animoog? Clearly the prices set themselves up for an easy decision, but aside from that? Animoog was going to be my next purchase, it just LOOKS so awesome, but I haven't really looked at addictive.

• @CSwinn They're different beasts and both are worth owning. If I had to pick one, it'd be Animoog but that's a crazy subjective opinion so grain of salt and all that.

• edited February 2013

You can't lose with either one.

• I would get both(I have) I cant wait for Addictive synth. Its very powerful.

• Agree with @syrupcore they are very different but both great in their own way. Animoog can provide moving pads but it can also provide a huge range of great sounds from bread and butter to wavsequence like rhythms. I really like Addictive synth but it has a more specific application with evolving pads, soundscapes and textures.

• Good to hear some opinions, thanks guys. I'm sure I'll have both someday, I just gotta start getting pickier, all these Audiobus apps are adding up! Think I'm going to try and wait for an Animoog sale and just pick up cheapies for a while yet.

• I hear ya regarding waiting for apps to go on sale. Here are my lucky sale priced apps (forgive the unorthodox formatting):

Animoog 2.99 (normally 29.99)
    NLog Synth Pro 7.99 (normally 14.99)
    NLog MIDI Synth 1.99 (normally 4.99)
    bs-16i 4.99 (normally 8.99)
    iKaossilator 9.99 (normally 19.99)
    Rockmate .99 (75% OFF)
    Rhythm Studio .99 (normally 4.99)
    SunVox 1.99 (normally 4.99)
    Stochasik Drums 1.99 (normally 4.99)
    Alchemy Pro Upgrade 6.99 (normally 14.99)
    Midi Studio .99 (normally 6.99)
    TNR-i 9.99 (normally 19.99)
    Magellan Jr 1.99 (normally 4.99)
    DrumJam 3.99 (normally 7.99)
    Beatsurfing .99 (normally 11.99)
    Beat-Machine .99 (normally 1.99)
    Audulus 9.99 (normally 19.99)
    textsound .99 (normally 7.99)
    Gestrument 7.99 (normally 9.99)
    Melody Music Maker FREE (normally 8.99)
    Auria 24.99 (normally 49.99)
    DM1 for iPhone FREE (normally 2.99)
    GlitchBreaks 2.99 (normally 4.99)
    Pollisynth FREE (normally 2.99)
    KORG iPolySix 14.99 (normally 32.99)
    Filtatron 4.99 (normally 9.99)
    Musix Pro 4.99 (normally 9.99)
    Synergy Studio 9.99 (normally 19.99)
    TweakyBeat .99 (normally 2.99)

• Addictive has one of the best arpeggiators ever..Animoog is awesome, I was really lucky to pick up Animoog when it first came out at a mere £0.69 or 0.99 cents.