Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Importing GarageBand?

I am trying to collaborate with a sax player. He has GarageBand. If I Dropbox him a wav file can he import it into GB and record a live sax track with it? If he can, can it be exported to me via Dropbox and imported into Cubasis2? Thanks!

Comments

• Yes, it will work.

• @CracklePot. Thanks, that’s great!

• If you run into roadblocks, just ask.
    How is your collaborator’s GarageBand experience level?

• @CracklePot, near zero, I think. Thanks for the open door. I am pretty sure I’m gonna need some help.
    The reward is we only have to learn this one process and I will have the pleasure of casting off Sensual Sax (but not iFretless Brass!).

• You can also export the garageband project and just send him that.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @CracklePot, near zero, I think. Thanks for the open door. I am pretty sure I’m gonna need some help.
    The reward is we only have to learn this one process and I will have the pleasure of casting off Sensual Sax (but not iFretless Brass!).

What if he is a Sexy Sax Man™?
    It will still be Sensual. But less mechanic... more man! :lol:

• My comment is only semi-random... There is really a Sexy Sax Man character :tongue:

• Hmmm... if that’s sexy I’m sticking with heterosexuality, @senhorlampada.

• More sensual, but less man.

• @CracklePot said:
    More sensual, but less man.

Awesome one!

@LinearLineman said:
    Hmmm... if that’s sexy I’m sticking with heterosexuality, @senhorlampada.

:lol: :lol:

Sorry to derail :wink:
    But back on topic... how tech-savvy is this musician?
    Garageband can export to MP3, Apple Loop, and Uncompressed WAV / AIFF
    Just make sure he's clear on which format to send you back

• @senhorlampada, he is a tech loser! He already wants to give up and he has not even been able to download it to Dropbox. Sigh.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @senhorlampada, he is a tech loser! He already wants to give up and he has not even been able to download it to Dropbox. Sigh.

Guess he's gotta play it from dropbox without downloading... or soundcloud, use it as monitor/reference and record into another device :pensive:

• @senhorlampada, good advice. I suggested he reinstall it as it was saying he had no space, but he had cleared all the files.