Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Variable latency with usb guitar interfaces on Air

I have an ipad air since end of last year and love all the music making abilities this thing has. However, I did notice some issues too. I have various interfaces that I use to connect my guitar to ampsim apps like jamup or amplitube. Two are chinese builds, a clone of the behringer gc102 and an guitarlink clone (just a 1/4 inch jack to usb cable with ad converter in the usb plug). Both have some low level noise issues, but are ok. However, I notice that having an ampsim running, the latency can change from being barely noticable to really bad by just changing the amp model or tweaking some other settings. Plugging in and out of my ( official apple) usb camera kit solves the issue, but it often gets back afetr some time.
This could all have to do with the interfaces being cheap chinese builds, but I also have a zoom G3 that I discovered works nicely through powered usb. But alas, it has the same issue!! Very frustrating.

I am considering getting an irig hd or apogee jam as a high quality and compact guitar interface, but don't want to spend the money if these have the same issues

Is anyone familiar with this? Is it my 128 gb air? I have read somewhere that more sound related issues were reported with it than with earlier generation ipads. Can something be done about it?

Comments

• Someone cloned a Behringer? There's irony...

• @fozziemusic since 7.1, jamup and bias have developed a weird latency issue. It's quite severe but I have a tedious workaround... Shut down all other apps, then restart Jamup.. latency better but still there. Restart jamup again and latency goes away.

• Thanks Schrodinger, sounds like similar issues. It's quite weird and not very consistent either. Start/ restart routines help in my case too, but I don't want to do that after every couple of tweaks :-(

• Been thinking about it for too long. Now ordered an irig pro to have the most compact and versatile setup. Will report back once it arrives.

• First impression of playing with it for just ten minutes: very nice! Very low noise floor indeed and so far latency is good - not in the way of playing with a direct feel. And very compact!!