Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something New coming from Novation — Launchkey Mk 3

Comments

• Circuit 2? Hopefully not another launchkey product.

• edited June 2020

I sold my circuit cuz the synth engine was weak and horrible to edit deeply, even though interacting with the device for sequencing was amazing. A Circuit 2 with something closer to the peak engine would be very tempting, even though I am really content with iOS for my on the go music.

• Looks like the LaunchKey MK3 model in more KEYS configuration. 25 +49 i would guess.

• edited June 2020

Longer Launchkey with full size keybed, aftertouch and more midi outputs would be very good news.

Even better if it had a sequencer with the copy to Ableton functionality from latest Launchpad Pro onboard.

• We know it will have keys because of the pitch bend and mod wheel. And I saw faders. If I didn’t know better I’d say sl mk4, but it’s way too early for that. Maybe a circuit keys? Or an improved launchkey?

• There’s been a few rumours from novation hq about a new circuit and about a certain Richard d james sprinkling some more of his magic.

• I wonder if it’s a circuit theremin

• I would say way too early for SL MK4. I was hoping for a compact/mini SL MK3. With the faders, seems a bit long for a circuit.

• Looks like a keyboard but Circuit 2 would be great, especially with live sampling.

• Maybe it's a new kind of LaunchControl that works specifically with Groovebox?

• edited June 2020

Launchkey MK3 bigger version. Meh x 💯

loopop video is out.

• @auxmux said:
    Launchkey MK3 bigger version. Meh x 💯

loopop video is out.

• Hmm 🤔 I was thinking about a trade of my nano key studio into one of those with „real“ keys. This might come in handy to have an updated version. I will definitely check out the video, thanks @echoopera

My main concern is how they integrate with iOS. All of their stuff is always tailormade for Ableton and since I am AUMing... hmm we will see.

• @auxmux said:
    Circuit 2? Hopefully not another launchkey product.

The grid in the video is only two rows deep, as if it sits above the keyboard. The circuit grid today is for pads deep. I doubt they would remove rows of pads from a new circuit.

• Yeah @johnfromberkeley I rewatched after posting and saw the sliders.

• If these had CV/gate out, then would be improvement over Keystep and cheaper too.

• Is there a Mozaic script that will achieve what the arp in this machine will do?
    I have the Launchpad Pro and wondered about selling and buying the key.... mostly for the arp capabilities.

• Let’s hope launch controls will be soon updated too...

• Is there a comparison of the improvements from MK1 to MK2 to MK3?

• mozaic can do this

• I'm actually excited about this, I wanted 49/61 key version of the keystep, and this price is really solid. I don't need the cv or onboard sequencing.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is there a comparison of the improvements from MK1 to MK2 to MK3?

Honestly it’s the difference between night and day. The MK3 series is a totally new paradigm for Novation and keyboard controllers. The Previous version offered nothing compared to what the MK3 line offers.
    I have the 25key mk2 and while nice, my little MK3 runs circles around it cause of the ARP and Fixed Chords and Components customization feature.

The MK3 line is the benchmark of what all midi keyboards should be moving forward.

Why do i feel like i just wrote a review? 🤪

• The new keyboard Looks very cool. Especially for ableton users.

I think a controller that would tempt me would be a new Circuit with full on launchpad pro controller mode that worked with logic. So a hardware groovebox, hardware sequencer for external gear and Logic/Live controller in one.

I love the circuit sequencer. I have the mono station and it’s great being able to sequence in a completely different way that’s fun to jam with. It would be better still if it was battery powered like the original Circuit.

Novation have done stuff like this before. I’m still using my beaten up old Novation XioSynth. — (optional) Battery power, MIDI and audio interface with Mic input, built in synth and controller mode, X/Y pad. It’s ace as I believe the cool kids say).

In the meantime I’m keeping my eye for a blowout Circuit v1 sale :-)

• @echoopera said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Is there a comparison of the improvements from MK1 to MK2 to MK3?

Honestly it’s the difference between night and day. The MK3 series is a totally new paradigm for Novation and keyboard controllers. The Previous version offered nothing compared to what the MK3 line offers.
    I have the 25key mk2 and while nice, my little MK3 runs circles around it cause of the ARP and Fixed Chords and Components customization feature.

The MK3 line is the benchmark of what all midi keyboards should be moving forward.

Why do i feel like i just wrote a review? 🤪

So its suited for iOS usecases also? Or are you talking about Ableton? ;)