Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliot Garage’s new app is called “sEGments”

Comments

• edited May 2021

@ElliottGarage I wish segments has 32 segments! Is that possible to add? Thanksss 😍

• @NimboStratus I'll think about it, but you can already use multiple instances of sEGments (for example into AUM) loaded with the same audio file to get 32 slices (16+16), 48 (16+16+16) slices and so on :)

• The only thing that could improve this app for me is better timestretch. I’d happily pay £10 or more for an IAP

• @Poppadocrock the update with the fix is online!

@gregsmith I'll try to see what I can do to improve the timestretch algorithm...unfortunately using commercial timestretch/pitchshift alogtithms is not sustainable in this price tier

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @NimboStratus I'll think about it, but you can already use multiple instances of sEGments (for example into AUM) loaded with the same audio file to get 32 slices (16+16), 48 (16+16+16) slices and so on :)

Ah yes, thank you. This will help.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Poppadocrock the update with the fix is online!

@gregsmith I'll try to see what I can do to improve the timestretch algorithm...unfortunately using commercial timestretch/pitchshift alogtithms is not sustainable in this price tier

IAP is an option… won’t mind spending for perfection..

• Great Update @ElliottGarage and Thank You so much for the quick response time. That was faster then I thought it would be. Well done!

• @RajahP said:

@ElliottGarage said:

IAP is an option… won’t mind spending for perfection..

I think he’s saying that it would tax the processor of the average iPad.

• @gregsmith said:
    The only thing that could improve this app for me is better timestretch. I’d happily pay £10 or more for an IAP

@ElliottGarage

I second this. You could keep the original time stretch with the app but for a Pro Time Stretch Upgrade, you could add a $10 IAP Upgrade. I’m not sure if that’s a sustainable price point, but if it is possible and it makes financial sense, I think it’s a great idea. Maybe you could gauge a response either here, or better yet with a poll in this forum just to see if it’s worth the time and money…? Just a thought.

Thanks again for the super fast response time and quick update to fix the issue.

• @gregsmith said:
    The only thing that could improve this app for me is better timestretch. I’d happily pay £10 or more for an IAP

+1

• @ElliottGarage said:

Understandable @ElliottGarage

I know @elf_audio somehow worked some magic in Koala for a timestretch comparable to elastique - see here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44178/time-stretching-examples/p1

Might be worth having a chat 😉

• Elliot’s new app is called Elliot’s old app.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@gregsmith said:

@ElliottGarage

I second this. You could keep the original time stretch with the app but for a Pro Time Stretch Upgrade, you could add a $10 IAP Upgrade. I’m not sure if that’s a sustainable price point, but if it is possible and it makes financial sense, I think it’s a great idea. Maybe you could gauge a response either here, or better yet with a poll in this forum just to see if it’s worth the time and money…? Just a thought.

Thanks again for the super fast response time and quick update to fix the issue.

Another vote here for better time stretching. Just had to abandon Segments and use something else because the sample sounded phasey and metallic with only a small stretch.
    Shame, the rest of the app is right up my street.

I too would support a pro IAP.

• edited June 2021

@ElliottGarage Great work on the app sEGments and EG Pulse but +1 for the ability to have more than 16 slices and a better quality time stretch option IAP if necessary. Apple Loops import works great but many loops I try are missing the last few slices due to the 16 slice limitation. Having 2 instances is a possible workaround but less than ideal when sequencing. Perhaps a A/B layer button for a second set of switchable pads would work or something similar...just a thought! Cheers

• @ElliottGarage I'd love a way to import EG Pulse Kits into Segments, so I can automate start/end points etc.

• sEGments SUPERSONIC EDITION - multi samples import

• Yes @ElliottGarage!!

Just seen on insta that you’re doubling the amount of slices too

The best just got better!

• edited August 2021

I’ve been daydreaming about multisamples in sEGments. Btw, it’s the first AUv3 I ever bought. Dozens of them and a year later it’s still one of the first I turn to when firing up a project. Love it so!

• Is the super sonic edition out yet? Not showing in my App Store.

• Is it an update, or a new version?

• edited August 2021

The suspense is killing me...

Edit: Not being sarcastic either, I'm genuinely interested in what is new with sEGments.

• @ElliottGarage ah multi sample import will make life much easier. great news!

The ultimate would be drag sample to pad slot. I don't suppose that option might be on the horizon too?

• sEGments SUPERSONIC EDITION - improved TIMESTRETCH algorithm

@Context very soon :)

• Hello @ElliottGarage , can you please make the sEGments SUPERSONIC EDITION recorder multi output compatible?
    Thanks

• @Jeezs said:
    Hello @ElliottGarage , can you please make the sEGments SUPERSONIC EDITION recorder multi output compatible?
    Thanks

that would be fantastic ! @ElliottGarage

• @Jeezs can you give me more details? What would be a typical scenario ?

• edited August 2021

@ElliottGarage said:
    @Jeezs can you give me more details? What would be a typical scenario ?

Thanks for taking time to reply.
    For now only the instrument version of sEGments have multi-outputs.
    When I record a loop with the fx version, this one has no multi out so I have to save the samples and reopen in the instrument version of sEgments.
    It would be so much easier if the FX version of sEGments have multi-out too.

• @Jeezs the new update will include also multi-output for the fx version ;)