Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliot Garage’s new app is called “sEGments”

Comments

• edited September 2020

@Richtowns tx ! Real nice

Funny feeling btw, i just tried, it was like being near by a washing machine 😎

• @ElliottGarage When in keyboard mode it would be useful to have midi control over the selected slice. That way you could have a number of melodic samples in one audio file in Segments and then use midi automation to change the selected sound whilst playing melodically with notes in keyboard mode. Is it possible to expose that parameter? I'd also like to be able to call up my presets with program change.

I've been sampling kits from the Patterning cloud library and my own samples in to presets in Segments by making a single audio file with all the hits in it. So, by calling up one of my kit presets i have a new drum kit which I can tweak (per slice) if desired with slice controls.

Also, been exporting loops I use in songs from Blocs Wave to one audio file by joining them in an audio editor or Looperverse then exporting the audio file containing the consecutive loops to Segments. In LOOP POLY mode I can trigger / layer the loops as required.

I'm loving this app.... sooo useful!!!

• Great ideas @soundtemple Like the poly loop triggerer, gonna try that out.

I agree with you on drum kits this is a great app to be able to get a single file drum kit and then still have complete control over pitch, decay and so much more. (Im thinking of my Novation Circuit or soon Control XL)

Your suggestions make sense. Which makes me think that as I add more samples to Segments it might be good to get an add folders option in the presets page

• Another feature that would be good is midi control over the 'active slice' like Ruismaker and RuismakerFM have for drum sound. Their midi implementation offers dedicated cc control over each parameter for each channel but also has active channels CC's. You select the channel on CC110 and then 8 dedicated CC's for each parameter that control the active channel.

Preset folders.... would be nice too!

• Thanks for the feedback! I'm taking notes :)

And here's the update 1.1.7, that should be already available in your stores...

• Thank you @ElliottGarage
    You are an app-star :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm taking notes :)

And here's the update 1.1.7, that should be already available in your stores...

Titfers doffed in your direction sir!! off to give the cubasis auto a spin ,,, but first a sandwich 🥪

• Nice, will keep an eye for future updates.... :smile:

• This thread is huge and I don't know how to search in a thread, but any chance of getting more than 16 slices?

• Does sEGments respond to program change, and if so, how do you know the numbers of each preset to select them?

• Are we ever getting sample root key and looping to use this as a melodic sampler, starting to think a simple sampler is never going to happen on IOS.

• @Turntablist said:
    Are we ever getting sample root key and looping to use this as a melodic sampler, starting to think a simple sampler is never going to happen on IOS.

Indeed, I had high hopes for this app and that the dev would continue to develop as he did with Pulse. It’s pretty good as is and I use it when I need something quick/easy. But yeah, it could be the missing Simpler for iOS with some updates to the existing app.

• edited October 2020

Time-stretch would be amazeballs

Edit: I feel dumb lol. Didn't realize it was already there. Love this app.

• @ElliottGarage hi there ! would it be possible to add a " normalize " function inside seGments in one of your next updates ? would be real nicey !

• I’m guessing @ElliottGarage is taking a well earned break!

• @gregsmith said:
    I’m guessing @ElliottGarage is taking a well earned break!

Well from January 2020 I'm 100% what people define digital nomad, since I sold my little old house to move to a bigger one for my family.
    sEGments has been developed with my laptop on the knees in my parents holidays house :D
    Hopefully I will move to the new house (with a big and confortable studio) in 2-3 months...anyway I have a Pulse udate almost ready, new ideas for sEGments and the FXs app almost done ;)

• @ElliottGarage Good luck with the move and congrats on becoming a digital nomad. I hope the new studio will bring us lots of new goodies!!!

• edited October 2020

@ElliottGarage i have a problem playing segments via midi in aum. it works when it’s in keyboard mode but not in “ pad “ mode. i tried in riffer and atom piano roll ... very strange. it worked fine until today. i rebooted my ipad, no change. it works in cubasis3... any idea what’s going on ?

edit : oups ! my bad. i got it ... my midi set up had jumped from c4 to c1 ... sorry to disturb you for so little 🙃

• @ElliottGarage said:

@gregsmith said:

Well from January 2020 I'm 100% what people define digital nomad, since I sold my little old house to move to a bigger one for my family.
    sEGments has been developed with my laptop on the knees in my parents holidays house :D
    Hopefully I will move to the new house (with a big and confortable studio) in 2-3 months...anyway I have a Pulse udate almost ready, new ideas for sEGments and the FXs app almost done ;)

“new ideas for sEGments” hmmmm, that sounds intriguing. i wish you a speedy settle-in at wherever you land :)

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Time-stre> @ElliottGarage said:

@gregsmith said:

Great to hear. Thanks for the update and congrats on the new house.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've seen similar problems with other apps (synths) on iOS14. I'm steering clear of iOS14 until these kind of problems are ironed out.

• Hi @ElliottGarage : I have been using multiple instances of Segments in Cubasis 3 and have been thinking how useful it would be to share choke groups between instances. Would this degree of communication between separate instances be technically possible?

• @ElliottGarage : This is a great app. feature request: please add an ability to export as Apple Loops with with the slice, tempo and 'base pitch' and AppleLoops metadata (as Beatmaker 3 and Auditor can do) so that exported files can be used in BeatHawk, GarageBand and Logic as sliced loops.

• @slicetwo said:
    This thread is huge and I don't know how to search in a thread, but any chance of getting more than 16 slices?

Use google search, copy/paste the link of the thread, delete the /p31 at the end, then use the site: command. so what you enter into google search looks like this:

term-you're-searching-for site:forum.audiob.us/discussion/39594/elliot-garage-s-new-app-is-called-segments/

• @dobbs said:

@slicetwo said:
    This thread is huge and I don't know how to search in a thread, but any chance of getting more than 16 slices?

Use google search, copy/paste the link of the thread, delete the /p31 at the end, then use the site: command. so what you enter into google search looks like this:

term-you're-searching-for site:forum.audiob.us/discussion/39594/elliot-garage-s-new-app-is-called-segments/

Whoa. That's dope. Hopefully I'll remember it! Haha.

• @dobbs said:

@slicetwo said:

That would make a great Wiki entry.

• @wim said:

@dobbs said:

@slicetwo said:

That would make a great Wiki entry.

@wim: thanks for adding it to the wiki :)

• (it should also work if you enter it into the forum's "official" search bar since that's also just a google search ;)