Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr drifting midi-sync

Anyone else had a problem with midi-sync drifting in Samplr? Had it working last night in tandem with seekbeats and all was fine but then when I tried recording into Audioshare and was flicking between seekbeats and samplr the midi sync went out temporarily everytime I switched apps. Just wondered if anyone else had had this problem before and perhaps found a way around it?

Comments

• Yep I have this problem with external midi sync in samplr . It is really disappointing but I can never get it to work accurately..

• Sorry to have to say this but midi syncing apps, switching between apps and recording apps simultaneously is a big no no !.
    I find it puts too much pressure on the CPU and causes missed clock ticks.

• Seeing as you're really switching to the OS, which then does some housekeeping before it switches to the destination app, this disruption of timings shouldn't really be a surprise.

• @PaulB said:

Seeing as you're really switching to the OS, which then does some housekeeping before it switches to the destination app, this disruption of timings shouldn't really be a surprise.

Yeah to be expected, but i also have midi sync issues when samplr is the only app running on my ipad. Using midi in from CCK.

• It is possible that Samplr is rereading and reconnecting the midi ports when it is brought back to the foreground, accidentally disrupting the flow of the midi clock ticks. I had the same issue with my apps, until I finally discovered the cause. Just a thought....

• @PaulB said:

@sonosaurus You... amateur... ;)

I love this forum and it's jokers, lol