Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cathay / Retro Piano

Korg Module Cello, Retro Piano, Thumbjam Flute and SynthMaster Player.

Comments

• Wow. This one is transcendently beautiful.

I think you're going to get a lot of fans for this one.

How do you like the new Retro piano? It's subdued in a good way here letting the cello and flute dominate. Synthmaster adds some lovely bass and string sounds assuming you listed all the app's and presets. Who's providing the plucked strings?

I just love instruments that sound that real... it's such a gift for my final years to be able to make and hear these sounds without the headaches of live music made by humans. A perfect gift for our times.

• Thank you so much @McD. Now I can listen to it again! No strings except for the cello, which I played through a few octaves. The pluck later on is from SMP world pack. Small metal drum, I think.

I had a hard time trying to tame the cello EQ. Often strident straight out of Module. Did my best.

• Beautiful and beautifully restrained. Lovely mix and interplay of voices. A gem, truly!

• Really nice. Did you play a cello or is it a software ?

• I just noticed the Retro Piano's "Vinyl crackling" near the end. Not sure how I feel about it. It
    adds a touch of nostalgia to the mixture of emotions I get from this one. That Cello is amazing and it makes a nice ensemble in your hands. I don't know how they manage to avoid the vibratos clashing. It must be using an LFO and not be embedded in the same itself.

Anyone have a guess how it's done?

• edited June 2020

Thanks for the praise @aplourde. Much appreciated!
    @mlau, it is the cello patch from Korg Module KApro Orchestral Dreams. Thanks for listening.
    Glad you liked it @analog_matt. Retro Piano is very useful. Much appreciation for the AudioKit devs!
    @McD, the scratching is sometimes audible throughout. Try 1:50. I think it adds to the perceived feeling. I wouldn’t add it to just anything, of course.

• @LinearLineman

A beautiful piece.

Thank you for sharing.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @McD, the scratching is sometimes audible throughout. Try 1:50. I think it adds to the perceived feeling. I wouldn’t add it to just anything, of course.

Yes... crackle is more emotive than "snap" and "pop". But they are all
    pretty "emo" - crackle is clothed in shades of blue.

• Thanks for listening @Gravitas. Def a mutual a admiration society going.

@McD, like our great leader we all yearn for a simpler past when elves lived in our breakfast cereal.

• It's really close between the Module Cello and the Thumbjam Cello. The Thumbjam has a nice slow vibrato on the lower notes and it's vibrato increases with pitch but the Korg vibrato is constant and doesn't vary with pitch so they must be using an internal modulator that's not exposed to the user. I'd love to slow it down for some situations but it explains how you can play a chord and vibratos all line up in the ensemble sound.