Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sausage Monday

Deep into a jam, his wife burst into the room unexpectedly to ask a very important question:

Comments

• BenBen
    edited June 2020

Well we know what you’re having for dinner tomorrow.
    Is that Voice Bot on the Vocals?
    Cool jam.

• @Ben said:
    Cool jam.

This one is all Harmonizr. It’s a fantastic app, far more musical and capable than any other pitch shifter on iOS.

• love that tune it's a real "banger" :D

• edited June 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Ben said:
    Cool jam.

This one is all Harmonizr. It’s a fantastic app, far more musical and capable than any other pitch shifter on iOS.

Cool jam and I haven't tried Harmonizr yet. Will do. As for Sausage Monday, that meant something entirely different before I was married, but now it's all just leftovers...

• @craftycurate said:
    love that tune it's a real "banger" :D

Nah, it's the wurst. I just thought it was funny the way it ended. Sausage!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Ben said:
    Cool jam.

Have it. Maybe used it once. Found a couple demos on You Tube. Thanks for the nudge.
    I thought it was great. One minute we’re orbiting Neptune and the next sitting in front of your iPad.

• This is fantastic! And the conversation maybe makes it better. Question: Can you sing to begin with?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This is fantastic! And the conversation maybe makes it better. Question: Can you sing to begin with?

I started singing about three years ago. It took me two years of practice to be able to sing in tune. Only in the last few months have I been able to listen to my recordings without cringing. It's been by far the hardest instrument I ever tried to master. I sound okay without fx but nothing special. Piling on extra tracks and fx makes any voice sound much better than it does naked.

• edited June 2020

You're inspiring me.

I think I must have had a traumatic episode singing at some point. As a bassist or guitarist, I can pretty much pick out a bass line or chord progression right off the bat. But singing? I can't do it.

When I was full-time musician making records, I remember, everybody in the band had to be credited as a vocalist at some point in the studio — it was some old-school union/guild requirement dating back to Tin Pan Alley, if I recall. But I couldn't even be relied on to do "ooh-la-la-la" backing vocals. We had to find some gang-vocal hollering for me, and even then it was buried in the mix.

I remember helping write melodies with a guitarist, and he was baffled by what I came up with, which made me even shyer. But he persisted, and then he suddenly had a Eureka! expression. He played back on guitar my melody. Was that it? YES, I said. He's like, Yeah, you sang this in perfect pitch — but exactly a half-step off. :#

[Therapist glances at the wall clock]: OK, we'll have to leave off there for today....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You're inspiring me.

I think I must have had a traumatic episode singing at some point. As a bassist or guitarist, I can pretty much pick out a bass line or chord progression right off the bat. But singing? I can't do it.

When I was full-time musician making records, I remember, everybody in the band had to be credited as a vocalist at some point in the studio — it was some old-school union/guild requirement dating back to Tin Pan Alley, if I recall. But I couldn't even be relied on to do "ooh-la-la-la" backing vocals. We had to find some gang-vocal hollering for me, and even then it was buried in the mix.

I remember helping write melodies with a guitarist, and he was baffled by what I came up with, which made me even shyer. But he persisted, and then he suddenly had a Eureka! expression. He played back on guitar my melody. Was that it? YES, I said. He's like, Yeah, you sang this in perfect pitch — but exactly a half-step off. :#

[Therapist glances at the wall clock]: OK, we'll have to leave off there for today....

• Dang, now you owe her royalties.