Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bless me Deadmaus, for I have committed the cardinal sin of EDM...

I am feeling under the weather today, but one of the best things about iOS music is that you can make a track while flat on your back in bed. That’s what I did this afternoon, singing into the ipad mic. I committed the cardinal sin by using Borderlands’ default start-up scene.

Comments

• Beautiful! Sounds really lovely!

This is actually a neat idea for a Borderlands startup sound challenge... ...

• @AudioGus said:
    Beautiful! Sounds really lovely!

It would be a great challenge indeed! Sin with me, my brethren and sistren! Defile Borderlands’ default scene by adding whatever you please and post it in this thread.

• I never did find out what the cardinal sin of EDM is, can’t get farther than 5 seconds of that commercial. Can you reveal the cardinal sin? Is it using the default voice that comes up? If so, I guess Beat It shouldnt have been a hit, huh?

• edited June 2020

@mrufino1 said:
    I never did find out what the cardinal sin of EDM is, can’t get farther than 5 seconds of that commercial. Can you reveal the cardinal sin? Is it using the default voice that comes up? If so, I guess Beat It shouldnt have been a hit, huh?

I think it’s using the demo tracks that come with your daw to make a song. Apparently some folks have had hits by doing that. Borderlands’ stock scenes are basically tracks in themselves, although the start-up scene lacks the animation that the other ones have.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mrufino1 said:
    I never did find out what the cardinal sin of EDM is, can’t get farther than 5 seconds of that commercial. Can you reveal the cardinal sin? Is it using the default voice that comes up? If so, I guess Beat It shouldnt have been a hit, huh?

I think it’s using the demo tracks that come with your daw to make a song. Apparently some folks have had hits by doing that.

Ah, gotcha. Not surprising.

• You gotta love that iPad mic. Not bad for a supine sicko. Very sweet, indeed.

• @AudioGus said:
    Beautiful! Sounds really lovely!

id actually be kinda interesting to do a default challenge where you make an entire song without changing any of the parameters/settings on any app you use

might be a little difficult considering some fx apps dont do anything without adjustments, but itd be a fun challenge nonetheless.

• Nice track, the vocal sounds amazing considering that was the iPad mic!

• I love your sinner song :lol: :love:

• edited June 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mrufino1 said:

I think it’s using the demo tracks that come with your daw to make a song. Apparently some folks have had hits by doing that. Borderlands’ stock scenes are basically tracks in themselves, although the start-up scene lacks the animation that the other ones have.

In that part he is talking about NEXUS vst and about people who are sending him demo tracks wih just plain preset from Nexus... In general with "sin" he means using plain presets used 100x before by other people, withot even trying to make own specific sound... I agree with him at 100%