Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(OT) 5 COMPOSERS 1 IDEA

Comments

• Great video, thanks for sharing.

• @audiblevideo thanks for introducing me to this fascinating series. Ben Levins instructions to the pianist were very funny. Cool!

• I loved all that @audiblevideo. Thanks for sharing. I thought Sequoia’s piano playing was superb. My favorites were June Lee’s (most like my own stuff) and David’s titanic solution. But No Compliment’s Satie like invention was great. Ben’s was good but didn’t match the others, IMO.

Lygeti was the daddy of this idea way back in time...

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/instruments/piano/music/one-note-piece/

I hope @kuhl and @McD will have a listen to this. Great that there is a place for this stuff on ABF.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I hope @kuhl and @McD will have a listen to this. Great that there is a place for this stuff on ABF.

I saw it a few days ago... I like all of David Bruce's videos. He helps me see the point of view of the "serious" composers and these multi-composer projects are great. He did one where composers had to use a purely digital composition as the source material and simulate a lot of the FX with an orchestra or just take the themes and run with it for inspiration. There's also one about an Eastern European jazzer that writes extremely complex polyrhythmic music with complex time signatures and more. He's like a modern version of Leonard Bernstein for helping people appreciate the musical arts in a deeper way.

Nahre Sol is another great youtube artist to follow and she participated in David's previous
    5 Composer's on 1 Theme project:

• I loved all that @audiblevideo. Thanks for sharing. I thought Sequoia’s piano playing was superb. My favorites were June Lee’s (most like my own stuff) and David’s titanic solution. But No Compliment’s Satie like invention was great. Ben’s was good but didn’t match the others, IMO.

It wasn't as subtle as the others, like a bit of a 🤷‍♂️I'll try this. Which is perfectly fine.

I love Ben's commentary.

• @audiblevideo said:
    I love Ben's commentary.

Ben has a lot of guts... he knows he's playing with some very serious musicians and he's
    very creative. He holds his own and his commentary is always a treat. Look from the previous 5 Composers videos... he does some great work with the digital EDM source material, as I recall. He lives "outside the box".

It also a lot of fun to see notations for the music. It makes a great accompaniment to the sound even if you don't read music well there are clues there about the density and repeating notes and complexity of the patterns in the writing prompt. But they make it really clear with the subtitles.

• Yeah, I finally saw the video. I haven’t time for such a challenge right now, because I’m in a manic mode of copying down two pieces of music I hope you soon will enjoy. It’s an overture for orchestra (I live in city with a renowned opera house) & a string quartet in 6/8... I play with strong recognisable themes, but I font know yet how it sounds, that’d the fun of composing this way.
    I write in Notion on the new iPad now. The new Apple Pencil is fantastic. I have bought Notion & Studio One Pro from Presonus on my MacBook. I also bought the Arturia V collection for Studio One. I can now use my iPad as an input keyboard for these two apps. It beats working with Avid Pro Tools a long way. And Presonus doesn’t have subscriptions. I like that.

• @Kühl said:
    Yeah, I finally saw the video. I haven’t time for such a challenge right now, because I’m in a manic mode of copying down two pieces of music I hope you soon will enjoy. It’s an overture for orchestra (I live in city with a renowned opera house) & a string quartet in 6/8... I play with strong recognisable themes, but I font know yet how it sounds, that’d the fun of composing this way.
    I write in Notion on the new iPad now. The new Apple Pencil is fantastic. I have bought Notion & Studio One Pro from Presonus on my MacBook. I also bought the Arturia V collection for Studio One. I can now use my iPad as an input keyboard for these two apps. It beats working with Avid Pro Tools a long way. And Presonus doesn’t have subscriptions. I like that.

This is good news. You represent a viable alternative to making music by starting with a blank page of musical score. We lost the input of @ScottVanZandt. He also enters IOS music making from a similar approach.

It's worth mentioning that many loose the physical ability to play their instruments due to accidents or physical impairments and using a pen on paper or a touch screen to edit music using a variety of interfaces (notation, piano rolls, loop assembly, triggered pads) expand the ability to make music.

It would be interesting to see what someone could generate using only a voice driven interface to their iPad. I know there are tricks in the accessibility tools that can open apps and navigate the UI to some degree. I wonder if AUM allows for someone to configure a complete project and install files into the File Player using just voice input.

Someone will know. @bedheadproducer did a video that has major clues for such a challenge.

• ♥️