Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning2 export problem

Hi guys

Today I had a problem with Patterning2 that is driving me insane. I did this beat on a 5/8 signature. I had 10 steps in order to have 10 eighth notes (or 5 quarter notes)
These are the settings in Patterning:

and on the drum editor:

When I go to export the file it does not matter whether I do it as an audio clip or an Ableton file; the files never get treated as a 5/8 audio file.
If the file is opened in Ableton I get this:

So even when Ableton "recognizes" the time signature as 5/8 the clip signature is 4/4 (for all of them). And it certainly plays it in 4 bars instead of 5 (as the waveform shows).
On Logic the behavior is the same.
What I have realized is that both programs do the same, regardless of how I export the files in Patterning. Both (Logic & Ableton) open the file as a 4/4 file, but they do so because they somehow repeat the initial 3 beats of the original file and add it to the end (thus I end up with a 5/8+3/8). Therefore the file contains the correct 5/8 file (I drew a green bracket there) plus the 3 initial beats (red bracket, starting at the playhead). The final outcome is a 4/4 file extended over 2 beats (something like an 8/8 beat, instead of the correct 5/8):

If you go back to the Ableton waveform you can see the same happens there
Any ideas on how to solve this?
Thanks!

Comments

• in ableton, adjust the clip time signature per clip. its annoying, but works.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    in ableton, adjust the clip time signature per clip. its annoying, but works.

Thanks for the reply!
    I tried that, but there is an extra issue with that "fix":
    If I have the wrongly tagged 4/4 clip:

And I change the value to 5/8 I still get the loop end at the wrong position:

So that would mean not only changing the clip time signature for each clip, but on top of that having to rearrange the loop end for each clip.
    I can easily have more than 50 clips... shouldn't there be an easier solution? I assume this is a bug on how patterning exports odd time signatures if 2 different DAWS show the same behavior.

• hmmm, definitely strange. im going to try and recreate this and get back to you.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    hmmm, definitely strange. im going to try and recreate this and get back to you.

Thank you!

• @cfour have you exported as "catch effect tail" its the only thing that worked for me

• even that didnt fully work for all of the tracks, but it did work.

• In my hands actually exporting as "clip" or "render as loop" were better options than "catch effect tail"
    In "Clip" and "render as loop" I get the same problem as before, where the initial 3 beats are repeated at the end of the file (I have only tried 5/8 by the way):
    export as loop:

export as clip:

When I export as catch effect tail the beats are off (they do not fall in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc but in random places):

On top of that in order to save as an Ableton Live set there is only one option (render as loop)
    I guess it is a bug on Patterning2?
    Thanks for your help & patience!