Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rediscovering iOS music apps ... after finally connecting the iPhone to the PC (again)

edited June 2020 in Other

I finally bought the CCK, which was the last piece in the puzzle I didn't realize I'd almost had completed for over a year. Doh!

I've had a Behringer UAC202 for at least 7 years in a box. Guess what? It has a TOSLINK out (albeit only 16/48khz).

I had a TOSLINK <--> RCA SPDIF converter box for over a year for some other project that never worked out.

Now I have iPhone (or iPad) >> CCK >> UAC202 >> TOSLINK to SPDIF >> Focusrite 6i6v2 >> Tracktion Waveform with tons of effects. Not to mention a few on the iPhone, as well, though those are almost all outclassed.

I loaded up MonoPoly, Odyssey, and iWaveStation on Channels 1, 2, and 3, in AUM, and am switching between them with the Keystep. Right now I have MicroShift (for mono synths only) + Kush TWX + Kush AR-1 + Transatlantic Plate. Sounds pretty damned good!

For some reason, which doesn't surprise me, midimux has stopped working (studiomux failed years ago), so I can only use rtpMIDI over wifi. I'll keep plugging away at midimux as it used to work flawlessly not too long ago.

I plan to use the iPhone as an outboard hardware synth, conceptually. Time to go synth shopping. Heck, it's time to start Drambo up for the first time despite buying it on release day! (I support awesome indie devs when I can).

For the hell of it, I'm considering MIDI mapping and using the OB-6 as a controller for the iPhone. Blasphemy! Muahahaha. Not long term - but because I CAN.

Comments

• edited June 2020

good. thats what we all do here.. , btw Drambo now got midilearn for all knobs :#

• edited June 2020

@noob said:
    good. thats what we all do here.. , btw Drambo now got midilearn for all knobs :#

Yep! B)

Oh, I've been here awhile. Just haven't made any pure iOS music on my iPhone for going on 2 years (I'm a Gadget-eer, but have lots of AUv3 goodies, too).