Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy on The Tonight Show

Comments

• It is quite fortunate that loopy is the 3rd hit when searched for 'looper'

That's a massive exposure!

• Cheers =) Yeah, exciting day!

And yep, good thing I used "Looper" as a keyword!

Here's the video embedded:

• edited March 2014

Superb! Bloody Jimmy, though, getting the name of the app wrong! Well done for using that keyword, Michael!

• Great clip and wonderful exposure! Although Jimmy thinking hard what song to do, when they must have rehearsed this...

• Yeah, they definitely rehearsed it. BPM set correctly, bars too. Excellent performance though.

• Congratulations!!! Almost like a Super Bowl commercial for apps! I'm a long-time fan of Billie Joel's music, so a plus plus!

• Too Cool! Doesn't get any better than the Tonight Show in the US.

• Coool! Congrats @Michael !!!!! Loopy deserved this exposure!

It would be interesting to see how this affected sales :)

• haha,great performance.Made me smile :) Congrats guys,well deserved!

• Congrats! I don't watch the tonight show (or any TV) much but I like jimmy Fallon a lot. Very cool exposure for loopy. I hope it results in tons of sales for you!

• Who woke up the lion?

Lovely performance though, and congrats too!

• Great! Congrats @michael. Someone mentioned it above in the thread but it would be hard to overestimate how big the Tonight Show is (and has been for 35+ years) in the US.

Did he get the name of the app wrong or just refer to it as 'a looper'? I think he just forgot the part about "the best looper on earth, called Loopy." Jerk.

I don't know about you guys but I'm absolutely confident my loopy sessions would sound better if I had the Roots backing me up! I am pretty much always blown away by their ability to just pick it up. They may have rehearsed that one a bit with them but they played live to a looper they didn't control while a few hundred audience members tried to clap along. Best band in America. Seemed like a gimmick when they first started with him at the old show but now it just seems so obvious.

• There was a point at which I thought Fallon was lip synching. Anyone else notice that? Anyway - great exposure nonetheless! :-)

• Wow. Just wow. That is cool.

• Finally - great day for iOS music apps in general, and of course Loopy in particular!

• Gizmodo has a an article about this performance as well, with a link to the Loopy website, which is nice.

http://gizmodo.com/watch-fallon-and-billy-joel-form-a-doo-wop-group-with-a-1548699088

• I wonder what other apps Jimmy has on there, eh?

• edited March 2014

Congrats, @Michael.
    Right now, Loopy is (App Shopper list):

Number 1on iPad
    Number 5 on iPhone (and coming up) paid apps.

So, double congrats.

• No disrespect to @Sebastian but @Michael is the inventor, developer and codemeister of Loopy. Well done and congrats to @Michael! :D

• Merry Christmas, Michael. :)

• @Washboy said:

No disrespect to @Sebastian but @Michael is the inventor, developer and codemeister of Loopy. Well done and congrats to @Michael! :D

Right. My mistake Fixed.

• Do we (iOS users and devs) have street cred yet?

• Holy crap! Just got a tweet mention from Tim Cook himself... And he did use the right name for Loopy !!!!
    Bonanazaaaaaaaaaaa

• This is great news for iOS and apart from that a video too, right I'm off to get myself "The Looper" .and yes the street cred is coming, slowly but surely

• edited March 2014

Congrats on the exposure. Aside from the product demo by Billy & Jimmy, Tim Cooks tweet is pretty major! You can't buy that type of advertising. (Loopy HD is already #4 on the overall top paid apps list). I think it's pretty cool, because Apple can now say if you want this cool app it's only available on ios, so in essence you're helping them sell product lol. Let us know when you hit the $1mil mark!

• BOOM! So awesome. Congrats Michael, and to all of the iOS music making community. This is a huge step up.

• Yeah, this is HUGE. Congrats to the developer(s), and if only there had been more examples of this type of music technology around 2009 instead of commercials with people doing cheesey AutoTune or playing fake one-note instruments!

• The quote from Tim Cook:

"@tim_cook: Check this out. @jimmyfallon and @billyjoel with iPad and a cool app called Loopy HD. Magical. http://t.co/dWlZr6Lsm6"

Can't get much better then having the man himself calling your app "Magical". Apple lingo, but still :)

• A few other looper apps popped into the top 25 US iPad music charts as well, riding on the search coattails. Now @Michael has some interesting data points for ranking statistics, for sure!