Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Off-Topic - Inside The Mind Of Gideon Gray, Indie Comic Book

This is a personal project which I started a few years ago but then lay dormant for way too long. I resurrected it in November after completing the Inktober challenge, which made me realise I could actually fit this into my life if I really tried.

I've now committed to drawing for around 45 minutes to an hour in the evening before I go to bed, which allows me to complete a couple of pages every month.

It's a weird and dystopian look at someone's unhappy life - if you like slightly off-kilter stories it might appeal to you. I've always loved comic books, and weird imagery, so this is a marriage of those two things.

Read the story so far here:

itchy-animation.com/gideon-gray

If you like it you can follow the progress on Instagram: @richardyot

Comments

• Love the drawing style - it's beautiful! I'll be sure to read more of it later. Thank you for posting it.

• This is really good. I definitely want to follow Gideon down the rabbit hole of his mind. What you’ve got so far is well-paced. It’s bleak but relatable. And I love your style! The heavy inking lends itself well to the imagery. There’s a dark sense of humor to it too. “And he wanted none of that crap.” :D Is the last panel a reference to Goodnight Moon? Have you ever read Heck by Zander Cannon? It’s got a similar vibe.

Is this all digital? I’m always interested in comic creators’ processes. My sixteen year old daughter is an aspiring comic artist and draws constantly. She prefers paper, but also uses iPad and stylus. Sometimes both, starting with a paper sketch and finishing digitally. She loves the heavy inks and shadows as well. Her favorite artist is Mike Mignola.

I could talk comics all day! I love the medium. I’m strictly a consumer/appreciator though. :p I look forward to following your progress.

• @xraydash said:
    This is really good. I definitely want to follow Gideon down the rabbit hole of his mind. What you’ve got so far is well-paced. It’s bleak but relatable. And I love your style! The heavy inking lends itself well to the imagery. There’s a dark sense of humor to it too. “And he wanted none of that crap.” :D Is the last panel a reference to Goodnight Moon? Have you ever read Heck by Zander Cannon? It’s got a similar vibe.

Is this all digital? I’m always interested in comic creators’ processes. My sixteen year old daughter is an aspiring comic artist and draws constantly. She prefers paper, but also uses iPad and stylus. Sometimes both, starting with a paper sketch and finishing digitally. She loves the heavy inks and shadows as well. Her favorite artist is Mike Mignola.

I could talk comics all day! I love the medium. I’m strictly a consumer/appreciator though. :p I look forward to following your progress.

Thanks! And thanks for taking the time to read what I have so far :)

I didn't make a conscious allusion to Goodnight Moon, but it's a book I read to my kids when they were babies (and my mum read to me back in the day too), so I might have picked up on it subconsciouly.

I haven't read Heck, I'll go and check it out though. I hope it's not too similar to what I'm doing as I was hoping it was an original idea ;)

As for the process, the first few pages were drawn on paper with pen and ink, as I was toying with the idea of doing a Kickstarter and I thought the original artwork might have been something to give to backers, but I decided against it in the end so then I switched to digital. The first panel with the skeletons is the point where it changes. I'm now drawing on the iPad in Sketchbook Pro.

It's much quicker and more forgiving to work digitally so that makes it more likely to get to the finish line one day.

• @richardyot said:

I haven't read Heck, I'll go and check it out though. I hope it's not too similar to what I'm doing as I was hoping it was an original idea ;)

As for the process, the first few pages were drawn on paper with pen and ink, as I was toying with the idea of doing a Kickstarter and I thought the original artwork might have been something to give to backers, but I decided against it in the end so then I switched to digital. The first panel with the skeletons is the point where it changes. I'm now drawing on the iPad in Sketchbook Pro.

It's much quicker and more forgiving to work digitally so that makes it more likely to get to the finish line one day.

No worries, Heck is a lot different. It is a character study and metaphorical journey , but to Hell. There’s a nice write-up about it here if you’re interested.

Thanks for sharing your process. The transition to digital is seamless. It all looks great!

• @xraydash said:
    No worries, Heck is a lot different. It is a character study and metaphorical journey , but to Hell. There’s a nice write-up about it here if you’re interested.

Thanks, I'll check it out :)