Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Coming SECTOR update (It's here now!)

Full specs of what's coming in the SECTOR update: http://kymatica.com/sector#update

Comments

• Very cool Jonatan, looking forward to it. Getting rid of clicks is a big ++

• Ooh Arovane loops, I haven't heard new material from him in years!!! I owe him a few beers for the "Tides" album (Quick tip: This is a great "mood setting" record if you've got someone over and want certain, things to happen...)

Also liking a lot of the other features listed! Sector previews and tempo/sample rate decoupling will be nice :D

By chance, will Sector ever be able to respond to certain transport controls? Namely Play/Stop/Forwards (to the next whichever sector)/Backwards (to the previous Sector)? Obviously this app isn't exactly designed to accept a clock sync, but it would be great if it could recognize those controls!

• Great!!!! Your app is awesome thta why even in .mx is in the frontpage of the appstore i bougth since day one in fact since hour one :p and with this update looks awesome.
    I really like the clicks update.
    I hope the dropbox update export the loop perfectly synced

• Great stuff Jonatan!
    The link you posted directed to the homepage, this should be the one:
    http://kymatica.com/Software/SectorUpdate

• Excellent update Jonatan, bought Sector on day one but haven't spent any time with it yet but as soon as the update lands, all that's going to change.

• Looks great! I was just watching Tim's "Let's Play With Sector" video on Discchord and wondered how he was able to preview single clips while the project was stopped. Between that, the micro-fades, AND new loops, I cannot wait to spend more time w/this app!

• I finally got this yesterday. More fun than I thought it would be, killed a lot of hours already. I thought it could use WRP memory slots like for MAP and SEQ and here it is in the very impressive update list. Nice one Kymatica!

• Holy wow! That's quite an update! How the hell did you get all of that done?

Looking forward for sure.

• Filter sweeping shapes page would be a nice addition, with memory slots and all that.

• @syrupcore I've built a physical time-compression machine that makes my workdays twice as long! (with the side-effect that space goes twice as small, but my office is big enough.. that's just how space-time works I guess ;) The machine is controlled by the SECTOR user interface, of course.

@firejan82 I have a bunch of ideas regarding that, and I think something will materialize later down the road in some future update. (No promises)

• Great app just got better !??!!? Great news - looking forward to even more fun !

• The update is rolling out into the app stores right now!
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id618095247?mt=8

• edited March 2014

Thanks for this update!. The pitch freezing/shifting is especially welcome.
    Plus the recording function! Sample accurate loop recording + beat by beat step recording. How useful is that!

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• Wow! Such an impressive update.

• wow!... good update :) Thanks!

• This thing is now a lot of fun even when stopped.

• edited March 2014

Right, it's time to delve, deep, deep, deep, into SECTOR,

• FANTASTIC, running with Loopy and like 6 breakbeats right now. Instajungle!

• What does the new percentage figure below the warp probability percentages mean?

• It's the "invisible" slot mentioned in the manual:

"The probability is distributed among the four slots and an additional invisible slot that keeps using any warp that is currently active. Setting the four slots at 0% probability leaves 100% to this invisible slot."

However, it isn't invisible anymore and I forgot to update that part of the manual :)

So, it shows how high probability it is that it should not pick any warp shape but continue with the one currently active. This way, one can make it change warp only at specific sectors and make them "stick".

• Cheers! :) This is a fantastic update, and the thought of there being even more to come is amazing!

• Jonatan is there any way we could get more than 4 slots for the step sequencer? I find myself using that aspect of Sector the most and would really like to have more sequencer slots available. Great update for a great app!!

Thanks!

• @yowza I'll think about it! Perhaps the memory slot area could have "pages", 1-4, 5-8, etc..

• @j_liljedahl said:

It's the "invisible" slot mentioned in the manual:

"The probability is distributed among the four slots and an additional invisible slot that keeps using any warp that is currently active. Setting the four slots at 0% probability leaves 100% to this invisible slot."

However, it isn't invisible anymore and I forgot to update that part of the manual :)

So, it shows how high probability it is that it should not pick any warp shape but continue with the one currently active. This way, one can make it change warp only at specific sectors and make them "stick".

I think this is what I'm confused about. I have one sector of my loop with a glitch effect (every other sector has the default warp setting). When the sample is playing, it will play the sector with the glitch, then go to another sector and apply the glitch effect there as well. Is that what you're talking about? How can I disable that? I've made sure every other sector has 100% probability of only playing the default (none) effect.

• @Hwangman If you've done that, then the probability of playing the invisible glitch will be 0%. I don't know why it's still playing for you!

• I think it's the fact that all sectors are set at 100% for the invisible (now not so invisible) 5th warp option except the first sector, and this warp seems to follow what came before. If you change any of the sectors that means that all the rest of the sectors do whatever you've changed that sector to, until it hits the first sector, which is the only one set at 100% normal play. Before all sectors were set at 100% on the 1st warp, which was set at normal play. Now they will follow whatever came before as default, which seems less useful I think. If that all makes sense.