Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module... midi?

Ok, I have become interested in Module again. I can route it into Cubasis as an audio track, no problem.

1. Can I record midi from a played Module instrument as well as audio? If so, how, please?
  2. Can I get Module to play a Cubasis midi track? Is that possible?

Comments

• Korg Module only shows up as an IAA Generator (ie. needs to be loaded to an AudioTrack in Cubasis).

First, make sure Module's background audio is enabled in the settings.
    (Settings-Module Pro, Background Audio On)
    Launch Module... (This is the safest way to avoid issues when connecting apps using IAA).

Launch Cubasis & Crate and audio-track, for routing select IAA and add Module.
    Now you're set to record the audio from Module to a track in Cubasis.

For Midi create a Midi Track in Cubasis and set its output to Module.

Module doesn't output Midi (that I've found) so you can record the Midi in Cubasis and when it's time record the Module output to an audio track. Turn off the speaker for the module track to avoid 'phasing'(ie. both Cubasis and Module output the same signal with slight delay) as there is no local of in Module and its output is not muted when it's loaded as an IAA.

That should do it!

So partially YES to 1, you can record Audio only from Module since it doesn't output midi...
    And a big YES to 2...

Good Luck!

• Taipei sends Midi out - so you could switch an instrument to Taipei if you want to capture/play the Midi.

• edited June 2020

@Tim6502 said:
    Taipei sends Midi out - so you could switch an instrument to Taipei if you want to capture/play the Midi.

Yeah, but that would mean using Gadget instead of Module, right? ;)

• Yep. If you want to use Module flexibly you probably want to use it from Gadget.
    (Unless you use the Performance Expansion, but that does not give you all that much flexibility, it seems.)

• Pre route input through photon perhaps? Then you can point photon at xequence or anything really.

• Thanks @Samu. I will follow your advice!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Samu. I will follow your advice!

ME TOO!

• Hi There

Is there an easy way to copy module playlist contents into another module playlist. Using the same module app , not to another.