Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different drummer (who has used it ?)

edited February 2013 in General App Discussion

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/different-drummer/id525272276?mt=8

Has anybody here any experience with this ?It looks interesting but at a 150 bucks ,i dont think i am going to find out ;-)

Comments

• Tim from discchord posted this after it came out:-

http://discchord.com/blog/2012/12/13/different-drummer-demo-video.html

At £100 I don't think I will, either!

• Yeah. Think I'll be dancing to the beat of different drummer alright. Gotta be a typo.

• Nah no typo ,discounted ,used to be 300$

• Lol. Wow nice discount.

• Ok. Did a little research. The Dev for different drummer set the high price as a placeholder. He figured no one would buy it at this price anyway. He was right. From what I understand the app is not ready yet.

• From discchord: "First it was released at $300, simply to hold onto the name and discourage purchases until it was finished. Two weeks later it was re-released at $150 when the developer thought it was truly ready. I had contacted him to ask for a promo-code for review, but he said that he didn't think it was quite that ready."

So it is somewhat 'ready'.

I applaud the guy for trying to price something based on how much he thinks it's actually worth (to the right person) rather than based on other app prices. Unfortunately given the realities of the app store (app supply and pricing, user expectations etc) he'll probably have to drop it pretty soon. Interestingly, if he drops it to $30 it'll seem like a bargain.

• @Rhism, your solution! Raise the price of Guitarism to 100 billion dollars (pinky-to-mouth) then drop it back to 10 dollars a week later. problem: solved. ;)

• @uglykidmoe I know right? This is all too easy...

• He'd be lucky to get 99¢ with that icon art.