Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Pro 2020 model 11 inch vs 12.9 inch audio quality

I have an old iPad Pro 9.7 that I’ve used for music for over 4 years and the battery is dying. I am now interested in buying the iPad Pro 2020 model. I was wondering if the built in speakers on both the 11 inch and 12.9 inch produce the same sound quality. Also, is the mics the same on both models?

I will be connecting an audio interface to my iPad Pro anyway but I just wanted to know if the speakers and mic produced the same audio quality on both models.

Comments

• Going to Apples web site it give you this info for both models

Speakers
    Four speaker audio
    Microphones
    Five studio-quality microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording

• Speakers are quite a lot better than on the 1st-gen 12.9 Pro.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Speakers are quite a lot better than on the 1st-gen 12.9 Pro.

Yes I was pleased with mine on my 3 gen.

• edited June 2020

So for good audio quality on the built in speaker and the mics should I buy the 11 inch or 12.9 inch iPad Pro 2020?

• When the 2018 Pro models were released, I remember the reviews saying that the 12.9” had a fuller sound compared to the 11”. For sure either one will be a significant upgrade from your 9.7 pro.

Personally if I were in the market for the 2020 model, I would think the size/ weight factors would be more important than any speaker quality differences.

• I think @onerez is implying they are the same. I have both an 11 and 12.9 Pro2 and they sound the same to me. If you don’t mind holding the larger size (I got used to it easily) it is more fun for producing iOS music, IMO.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I think @onerez is implying they are the same. I have both an 11 and 12.9 Pro2 and they sound the same to me. If you don’t mind holding the larger size (I got used to it easily) it is more fun for producing iOS music, IMO.

Yes they are the same. If it were me go for the bigger size. I have no regrets with my 12.9.

• Thanks for the replies. The reason I asked is because the sound quality coming from the speakers of my 12.9 inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) are superior to the sound quality coming from the speakers of my iPad Pro 9.7.

Good to know that with the new models the sound quality is the same. I think I’ll go for the 11 inch model because I like making music on the sofa.