Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

M-audio keyboard question

edited June 2020 in Other

Does anyone here have an m-audio oxygen 88 (or other oxygen keyboard may be same question)?

The songwriter I assist has one that he plugs into a unit midi interface with 5 pin midi cables, so it is powered by a DC adapter (9v 500ma from what I looked up). His adapter broke today. He is in NYC and I'm outside the city and won't be there today, so trying to find him a solution before I go there Thursday. If you own one , can you answer this?

Is it possible to power the keyboard from USB plugged into a power strip with usb ports while connected via midi cables to an interface? I know it can bus power from usb, but he needs it connected to the unit for routing purposes rather than using the usb midi connection (which would power it in this case). The manual says 'a dc power adapter must be used when in standalone mode (without a host computer)," which doesn't clarify it for me since usb would be connected to power in this case.

I can hook up his USB midi on Thursday (6/11/20, or 11/6/20 for my friends who use that date format!) when I'm there, but he is not good with any of that- but he is a brilliant songwriter and producer. Thanks, much appreciated!

Comments

• I have a very old Oxygen8 v2. I powered it with a standard USB power supply plugged into a power strip. It has a single midi din output (no input). I connected that to an old Lexicon Lambda midi din input and was able to pass midi to my MacBook Pro and to my iPad via the CCK.

So, for that model at least, USB power works alongside MIDI out through the din connector.

• edited June 2020

Works with my Radium 49 KB.
    USB plugged into my charger adapter in a power strip, KB connected through 5-pin turtle beach Midi to USB cable into CCK-3.
    Did not need to power the CCK-3 with just the Midi/USB cable in use.

Radium 49 has a switch to select DC, USB or OFF for power supply.

• Cool, thanks. The oxygen 88 doesn’t have a switch, but since you both said usb powered your controllers while plugged into DIN, that probably means it can work. I’ll tell him, thanks!

• @mrufino1 said:
    Cool, thanks. The oxygen 88 doesn’t have a switch, but since you both said usb powered your controllers while plugged into DIN, that probably means it can work. I’ll tell him, thanks!

It should only take a few minutes to test if he has a standard USB cable and a charger.

• @wim said:

@mrufino1 said:
    Cool, thanks. The oxygen 88 doesn’t have a switch, but since you both said usb powered your controllers while plugged into DIN, that probably means it can work. I’ll tell him, thanks!

It should only take a few minutes to test if he has a standard USB cable and a charger.

It should, but I don’t think he has the cable, that’s why I wanted to check first before sending him to get it. Because of covid and some risk factors he has with his health, he tries to minimize any trips out. He also gets very frustrated and confused by tech, even things like plugging this in. It’s worth helping him though because what he does musically is incredible.

• Ahh, yeh, that makes sense. It needs to be the right kind of USB cable as well. If its like mine then those aren't as easy to find any more.

• edited June 2020

@wim said:
    Ahh, yeh, that makes sense. It needs to be the right kind of USB cable as well. If its like mine then those aren't as easy to find any more.

Yes, needs to be usb-a to usb-b, like for a printer. He told me he tried a usb cable but it didn’t work. That doesn’t mean he hooked it up correctly though. I’m absolutely not making fun of him, but I fixed his sustain pedal, which had not been working for a few months before I started with him, by plugging it into the jack on the keyboard.