Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lemur & Audiobus 2.0

Hi Guys,

I need your help for contacting Liine dev about implementation of Audiobus in Lemur because I think that State Saving is very useful for all Lemur iOS users.

Last time for have Background Midi I weating 1 year :-(

If all user of AB community send a email with that request it speed up the development...

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Sure thing!

• I agree, however with AB1, an app needed an audio engine in order to adopt AB. I don't know if that will hold true for AB2 though. @Sebastian ????

• I think the restriction may be that an app needs an audio engine to run in background mode. That would be an Apple restriction.

• edited March 2014

Lemur has been able to run in background since version 4.1, that's not an issue any longer....

What would state saving even look like in Lemur (if it were even possible)? It doesn't really have presets, per se.The values of the various controls, like a snapshot?

• I may have been mistaken. It does happen. :)

• @PaulB said:

I think the restriction may be that an app needs an audio engine to run in background mode. That would be an Apple restriction.

Is that why Changeling runs in the background when using its internal sounds, but quits working in the background when trying to control other apps via MIDI?

If so, and someone knows that dev, maybe they can suggest a fix for this.

• @gburks said:

@PaulB said:

I think the restriction may be that an app needs an audio engine to run in background mode. That would be an Apple restriction.

Is that why Changeling runs in the background when using its internal sounds, but quits working in the background when trying to control other apps via MIDI?

If so, and someone knows that dev, maybe they can suggest a fix for this.

I don't think so because Thesys works fine in the background when driving other apps via MIDI

• I wonder if the "no audio: no AB" is a technical restriction or a keep the house from becoming a mess restriction? @sebastian?

I also wonder if the popularity of the AB panel as pure app switcher was a bit of a surprise. By that I mean: surely a lot of time and care was put into the panel but it's just as surely secondary to the core feature of moving audio around from app to app; AB could work fine without the panel. But users love it; like a very very close second to the audio routing itself. Audio routing is the cake but who doesn't love icing?

Indeed, I'd wager in impossible-to-know land that if the audio routing idea never happened but a one-to-many app switching panel was available for $5-10--just to jump between music making apps--it would have also been extremely successful. Certainly not as successful but I reckon everyone with more than one comment here woulda bought it!

I think most of us who use MIDI only apps would like to see some of them on that panel. If it isn't a technical restriction I hope we can at least discuss the possibility.

• edited March 2014

Lemur is a controller. Mostly for softsynths and hardware synths and other things running on a computer. AudioBus compatibility would certainly make sense, but it's not the main purpose of Lemur.

Typical uses are controlling Reaktor, other softsynths, sequencing stuff, lighting equipment, etc.

There are a couple of other controller apps with MIDI and OSC, some of them may be AudioBus compatible, I don't know. If you just want to send MIDI CC's, take one of those.

• Sure, whats their email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk