Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A brief excuse to try Attack Softener

Epiphone ET275 electricguitar, Attack Softener, GS VintageClean, Alteza, Groovebox, AUM
Thanks for listening

Comments

• edited June 2020

@JeffChasteen said:
    Epiphone ET275 electricguitar, Attack Softener, GS VintageClean, Alteza, Groovebox, AUM
    Thanks for listening

That’s a very nice piece!! :)

• @jacou said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Thanks for listening

That’s a very nice piece!! :)

Thank you very much.

• Sounds good!

• edited June 2020

@JeffChasteen love it. and great sonics (but why did you dial back the escape from NY arp bass.. keep that through the song!

• @noob loving your changing avatar pic... hilarious 😂

• Nice one Jeff! I’ve been tempted to get this app too.

• haha just trying to cheer you up

• @noob said:
    haha just trying to cheer you up

Yep it’s worked 👍

• I love that particular guitar rig:

Attack Softner
    Gain Stage Vintage Clean
    FAC Alteza

I love to introduce Magic Death Eye Stereo (or the original or both if CPU's free) in the first slot to add extra 2nd order harmonics. Anything Tape related can also help add tube harmonics (Tape Cassette and/or Tape Cassette 2).

Lately I've been appreciating Eventide Blackhole using the controls to remove the delay and just open up the "Alteza-like" Reverb and then test for a delay treshold to add a bit of shimmer to taste. What's happening is easy to see and control. Expensive but great for ambient guitar.

Something analog worth doing is running the guitar through a volume pedal to really
    change the attack envelope. Good guitarists can often get the effect with a pinky sliding up and down the guitar's volume knob.

• Beautiful! That softened lead at the beginning is just lovely.

• I think I’m gonna have to dust down my geeetars. Sitting surrounded by my 7 axes that I have not touched in several years due to my consumption of everything iOS.
    I dunno I guess I feel for me I can convey more emotionally through electronic stuff. Don’t get me wrong I still get drunk & listen to “guitar music “ but as far as creating stuff like that, I feel it’s all been done & I don’t want to go near it. This is coming from somebody who used to be a roadie. Like I said ... I dunno😔

• @barabajagal said:

I think I’m gonna have to dust down my geeetars. Sitting surrounded by my 7 axes that I have not touched in several years due to my consumption of everything iOS.
    I dunno I guess I feel for me I can convey more emotionally through electronic stuff. Don’t get me wrong I still get drunk & listen to “guitar music “ but as far as creating stuff like that, I feel it’s all been done & I don’t want to go near it. This is coming from somebody who used to be a roadie. Like I said ... I dunno😔

Sometimes you have to just play for yourself and forget what's been done and enjoy
    doing it... just for that feedback loop of stimulus response. Get those axes out and
    remember why you got them in the first place. (But hit record and upload for comments.
    You'll get more stimulus.)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Sounds good!

Thank you!

• @noob said:
    @JeffChasteen love it. and great sonics (but why did you dial back the escape from NY arp bass.. keep that through the song!

Thanks for the love!
    It was very difficult resisting keeping it going throughout 🤣

• @barabajagal said:

@JeffChasteen nice work mate.

Thank you very much.

• @barabajagal said:

@noob loving your changing avatar pic... hilarious 😂

@scadet said:
    Nice one Jeff! I’ve been tempted to get this app too.

Thank you.
    I would definitely recommend it.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Beautiful! That softened lead at the beginning is just lovely.

Thank you. Glad you liked it.

• @McD said:
    I love that particular guitar rig:

Attack Softner
    Gain Stage Vintage Clean
    FAC Alteza

I love to introduce Magic Death Eye Stereo (or the original or both if CPU's free) in the first slot to add extra 2nd order harmonics. Anything Tape related can also help add tube harmonics (Tape Cassette and/or Tape Cassette 2).

Lately I've been appreciating Eventide Blackhole using the controls to remove the delay and just open up the "Alteza-like" Reverb and then test for a delay treshold to add a bit of shimmer to taste. What's happening is easy to see and control. Expensive but great for ambient guitar.

Something analog worth doing is running the guitar through a volume pedal to really
    change the attack envelope. Good guitarists can often get the effect with a pinky sliding up and down the guitar's volume knob.

Those three really do work well together.

My volume pedal is essential in my hardware guitar rig. My teenaged self would have been appalled, though- “What? You mean it doesn’t make any crazy sounds??? Why would you want that? You paid for that???!!!”

• @JeffChasteen said:
    My volume pedal is essential in my hardware guitar rig. My teenaged self would have been appalled, though- “What? You mean it doesn’t make any crazy sounds??? Why would you want that? You paid for that???!!!”

Hey kid, what's crazier than this:

volume off - slams a power chord - slide power up to max.

With a MIDI sending expression pedal we can MIDI map the volume control to the output and bring up the output volume into the mix. Even more awesome. I have an old Digitech
    guitar pedal that outputs MIDI and has an expression pedal. I should hook that up and into AUM for some Fripp style fun. Now I want a row of expression pedals. Does anyone make such a thing.

I saw a live organ player that had a pedal that controlled the audio volume and send the Leslie rotor speed out by pivoting the pedal on a center axis. Now I can't remember who makes it. It wasn't cheap... beautifully made for gigging leyboardists to free up a hand while changing the Leslie rotor.

• @JeffChasteen This is beautiful. I hear some elements of Ennio, some Tarantino soundtrack feel, some Explosions in the Sky. What’s your preferred delay app?

• edited June 2020

@mjcouche said:
    @JeffChasteen This is beautiful. I hear some elements of Ennio, some Tarantino soundtrack feel, some Explosions in the Sky. What’s your preferred delay app?

Thank you for your kind words.
    I am fond of RP-1 and (the relatively ancient) AUFX:Dub (it’s still a great delay and so much more)
    Thanks again.

• @McD said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Hey kid, what's crazier than this:

volume off - slams a power chord - slide power up to max.

With a MIDI sending expression pedal we can MIDI map the volume control to the output and bring up the output volume into the mix. Even more awesome. I have an old Digitech
    guitar pedal that outputs MIDI and has an expression pedal. I should hook that up and into AUM for some Fripp style fun. Now I want a row of expression pedals. Does anyone make such a thing.

I saw a live organ player that had a pedal that controlled the audio volume and send the Leslie rotor speed out by pivoting the pedal on a center axis. Now I can't remember who makes it. It wasn't cheap... beautifully made for gigging leyboardists to free up a hand while changing the Leslie rotor.

Must I remind you that I was the dumb teenage dirtbag who traded a 65 Fender Champ for a Peavey TNT because the Peavey was really loud and big enough to climb onto and jump from while making demonic guitar faces? 🤣