Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS On A Jazz Label

I just released my album “The Shining Sea” on New Artists Records. It is a traditional jazz label started by Max Roach and Connie Crothers dedicated to improvised music. I have several piano cds there, but this is definitely the first total iOS produced release on the label. I have written several paragraphs describing the iOS experience and encouraged my jazz colleagues to learn about it.

I imagine there will be some pushback in that crowd with the use of the dreaded virtual horns available on iOS, but I have gotten some grudging acceptance amongst a few.

If you want to read what I wrote...

https://www.newartistsrecords.com/1069-the-shining-sea

Comments

• @LinearLineman
    I enjoyed this article!

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

I hope this new venue brings more people into your circle of listeners. "Destiny Calling" indeed... you have closed the circle with this release. I also hope some here spend the
    $5 and download one of your albums from the site.

For cheapskates, every album has a sample and I recommend @LinearLineman playing with a real sax player on "Loverman" at:

https://www.newartistsrecords.com/1018-soup

Soup is good musical food too.

(Let's not talk about the quality of the live recording and subsequent mastering). IOS has given us access to tools artists could only "sell themselves" to gain access to at the big labels.

• Destiny calling is gorgeous. Good luck with the album.

• Thanks for reading @scadet. I am proud of my association with the iOS platform and the super colleagues I have found here. It seems cutting edge to me, but wtf do I know?

Thanks @McD. Not sure there is a large audience here for off center jazz.... or jazz period.

Thank you very much @robertreynolds. As I have said before, all I need is one or two validations and I am cool. Thanks for validating!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you very much @robertreynolds. As I have said before, all I need is one or two validations and I am cool. Thanks for validating!

I find it easier to get your parking validated than your music. But you do have to buy something or pay for a meal. So, we have it good without business managers telling us what to make and what the audience needs from us. Better to not have an audience and experience true artistic freedom.

Still, I'll push your voucher @LinearLineman... you've done well mastering your craft and
    can prove it with these albums. But it does feel good for an old friend to acknowledge
    a change in direction.

• Brilliant mate!.. <3

• Thanks @studs1966! All ok in Cyprus?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @studs1966! All ok in Cyprus?

Yes.. All good Mike.. Things are stable here.. Busy, like yourself with music making, & it’s getting a tad warmer now.. Now Airports, hotels, ect are open.. Just waiting to see how things pan out?.. ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congratulations.

• edited June 2020

Always forward eh @LinearLineman !? Love the write up - hope it gains you more traction.

• @studs1966, good to hear and it sounded like your music biz is generating some dough, too.
    Thanks @ReflectiveHaze. Always eager to proselytize for iOS,
    Thank you @JohnnyGoodyear. Same to you!
    @kinkujin, kind of forward and backward at the same time. My first release on New Artists was in the 80s’. Thanks for the support. Very appreciative.