Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone interested in a Melodyne-style iOS app?

Comments

• Absolutely interested.. I used melodyne for vocal adjustment.. These are recorded in mono.. Like bass guitar,ect.. so it would be perfect.. I also use Wave Tune, Wave real time tune.. I think this would be superb for iOS..

• @danielfromcodalabs said:
    Hi guys, I’m Daniel Kuntz, founder of Coda Labs (codalabs.io). You might know me as the developer of L7 and AudioTune.

I’ve been thinking about a more “pro” version of AudioTune, and something that comes up repeatedly in my discussions with users is Melodyne. I’m trying to gauge interest for a Melodyne-style app on iOS and understand what features are important to iOS musicians. This forum seems like a great place to start a discussion.

There is one limitation that I am not sure how to overcome, and that is polyphonic detection and manipulation. Melodyne calls this Direct Note Access (DNA). I am incredibly interested in finding out how the DSP works, but I can't promise I'll be able to replicate almost a decade of PhD research in any reasonable amount of time.

So for now, please assume this is a monophonic pitch correction tool that allows you to edit individual notes and pitch contours in a graph-style UI.

My main questions:

• Are you interested? Why or why not?
    • How much would you pay for an app like this?
    • What features are “must-haves”? Meaning if the app doesn’t have this feature, you wouldn’t download it.
    • What would be an ultimate “killer” feature? Even if it defies the laws of physics. Think outside of the box :)

Take my money!

• edited October 2020

For those, like me, who are Melodyne challenged..,
    https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/celemony-melodyne-4

• @LinearLineman said:
    For those, like me, who are Melodyne challenged..,
    https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/celemony-melodyne-4

How come? 😁

• @rs2000, never heard of it before.

• At this point, I'm wondering if we'll ever get a Melodyne-styled app at all on iOS. @danielfromcodalabs hasn't been back since August, and no other developer seems to be interested.

• The os merge will be around eventually

• @LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000, never heard of it before.

Yes you did, I've used it to fix a few saxophone notes that were too far off in one of your tracks you've recorded with a friend 😊

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    At this point, I'm wondering if we'll ever get a Melodyne-styled app at all on iOS. @danielfromcodalabs hasn't been back since August, and no other developer seems to be interested.

Certainly seems like the most important "pro" tool missing in iOS music-making.
    Maybe multi-threaded audio is required?

• @Sequencer1 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    At this point, I'm wondering if we'll ever get a Melodyne-styled app at all on iOS. @danielfromcodalabs hasn't been back since August, and no other developer seems to be interested.

I don’t think the platform could generate enough revenue to make something like Melodyne pay off. Developing apps like that would not be cheap. The OP posted earlier in the thread that he has decided not to pursue this. I think once realizes what the small community wants it becomes clear that one couldn’t satisfy those requirements and earn more than a pittance for one’s time.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Sequencer1 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I don’t think the platform could generate enough revenue to make something like Melodyne pay off. Developing apps like that would not be cheap. The OP posted earlier in the thread that he has decided not to pursue this. I think once realizes what the small community wants it becomes clear that one couldn’t satisfy those requirements and earn more than a pittance for one’s time.

Who knows. Melodyne has interesting options and features but I think the #1 reason why engineers use it is pitch shifting and time stretching quality. If @danielfromcodalabs has his hands on an algorithm that sounds as good as Melodyne on different material then he should definitely give it a go, even if the final app won't have all features of Melodyne.

• edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2021

That is good!

• Any updates on this topic? Any melodyne type pitch correction apps out there for IOS yet?

• @boomer said:
    Any updates on this topic? Any melodyne type pitch correction apps out there for IOS yet?

The developer that posted it seems to have have given up music app development...at least on iOS.

• @boomer said:
    Any updates on this topic? Any melodyne type pitch correction apps out there for IOS yet?

Nope. The closest thing to something Melodynish is Multitrack Studio with one of the IAPs that includes their vocal pitch correction plugin thing. I WISH someone would develop something like Melodyne, or that Celemony just ports it over to iOS. I wouldn't even care if it was a subscription or a one-time fee, because I'd use it all the time anyways. I'm sure an M1 iPad can handle a stand-alone version of Melodyne.

• @boomer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@boomer said:

Nope. The closest thing to something Melodynish is Multitrack Studio with one of the IAPs that includes their vocal pitch correction plugin thing. I WISH someone would develop something like Melodyne, or that Celemony just ports it over to iOS. I wouldn't even care if it was a subscription or a one-time fee, because I'd use it all the time anyways. I'm sure an M1 iPad can handle a stand-alone version of Melodyne.

Would you all use an app like this just for vocals?

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@boomer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@boomer said:

Yes. That's what I'd like to use it for. Don't need all that extra "dna" stuff lol. Just for tuning single notes. I mean, we have autotune apps, but they're automatic and set to a scale rather than anything useful to me.

Either something like Melodyne, or an autotune plugin I can control with MIDI note input from Atom Piano Roll 2.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@boomer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@boomer said:

Yes. That's what I'd like to use it for. Don't need all that extra "dna" stuff lol. Just for tuning single notes. I mean, we have autotune apps, but they're automatic and set to a scale rather than anything useful to me.

Either something like Melodyne, or an autotune plugin I can control with MIDI note input from Atom Piano Roll 2.

Not AUv3 but Waves Tune RT inside Cubasis 3 can do the AutoTune part::

• @rs2000 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@boomer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@boomer said:

Not AUv3 but Waves Tune RT inside Cubasis 3 can do the AutoTune part::

😳😳😳 FAR OUT!!! That's exactly what I was looking for!

• @jwmmakerofmusic Oh wait, there IS an AUv3: TB VoicePitcher, and it has MIDI input as well!

• @rs2000 said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic Oh wait, there IS an AUv3: TB VoicePitcher, and it has MIDI input as well!

Goodness! I forgot I had that plugin too! 😃 I had both all along lol. I'm dense. 😂

• I’m interested in a version of L7 that crashes less often. The looper is outstanding, but wobbly in stability unfortunately.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@rs2000 said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic Oh wait, there IS an AUv3: TB VoicePitcher, and it has MIDI input as well!

Goodness! I forgot I had that plugin too! 😃 I had both all along lol. I'm dense. 😂

😅 Watch out for GAS side effects 😁

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I’m interested in a version of L7 that crashes less often. The looper is outstanding, but wobbly in stability unfortunately.

Fortunately, there is a stable multitrack AUv3 looper even more capable than L7.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    I’m interested in a version of L7 that crashes less often. The looper is outstanding, but wobbly in stability unfortunately.

Fortunately, there is a stable multitrack AUv3 looper even more capable than L7.

Take my money. Where? I'm ready to click buy.

• shut up and take my money

• @Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Take my money. Where? I'm ready to click buy.

EDIT: Linear? Not sure Loopy Pro is linear.

• @rs2000 said:

Does voicepitcher correct pitch? Or only change pitch by a set amount?