Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Been trapped in a broom closet for 3 months with my ex, made 2 albums on the ipad. Here's 1.

edited June 2020 in Creations

Much love y'all. Everything is mixed and mastered on the ipad. Thanks for all the help over the past year learning how to use this amazing thing called ipad music. Long live the ipad. Long live agoraphobia. Long live 600 character limit vocal synthesis demos

https://goldgazebo.bandcamp.com/album/do-you-see-me-now

Just for a brief description: it's a musical audio book of experimental music

Comments

• I’m loving the track names :D

• @cyberheater said:
    I’m loving the track names :D

haha nice!

They're all titles to short stories I wrote back in 2011 during the Occupy protests

• Bloody brilliance

• Sounds great! Can i ask what you use for the vocal synthesis?

• @ghostwaves said:
    Sounds great! Can i ask what you use for the vocal synthesis?

Hey thanks! The second album is even better ;)

Vocal synths used is this web based tech demo.

https://ttsdemo.com/ Voice: julie

Full disclosure: I didn't use the site on the ipad, but recorded audio from my computer and used audioshare to dump the files into AUM. I COULD have used the site on the ipad and resampled directly, but copy/pasting all my short stories 600 characters at a time would have been a fucking nightmare without a proper keyboard and multiple tabs. What I have my fingers crossed for is user friendly advanced vocal synthesis within the next few years (the ones that let you plug in Jay Z songs and then make a Jay Z voice to do your bidding. You know the one, "I graduated top of my class"). I've been recording stories that my grandma tells me, she's got the funniest southern accent. Can't wait to plug her voice into a robot.

• Wow.

This is one of the most creative things I've heard in ages. Now this is NOT an easy listen, lying on the couch with earbuds might be too intense. I had it on in my studio while changing guitar strings and listened. The text to speech voice bits are creepy at times & very soothing at times, it's weird.

Really creative and the soundscapes & overall production is very cool.

• Man, how did that happen did you guys breakup like right at the beginning of quarantine? Then have to stick it out together...?

• Like it A LOT ! Can you tell us some apps u were using in the album ? LOVE the drums a lot .... sounds like Funk Drummer/Soft Drummer ?

• Awesome stuff
    This should be in the Avant Garde music group on FB more than most of the recent posts :wink:

• The guitar work alone....really got lots of laughs too! funny as hell. Hard to keep up

• edited June 2020

Hey y'all. Wow. Amazing response, was not expecting that at all! People usually just shovel kitty litter over what I make haha

I'm bad at formatting but I'll reply from the top

@JRSIV: thank you I'm so glad it hit you like that. Definitely not an easy listen haha. Lots of the sound design comes with trying to express my hearing disabilities -- tinnitus, inability to understand what people are saying when too much is going on, left-right stereo field being inconsistent. I also sit with a lot of anxiety and panic, and my struggle with balancing that with peace comes out in my music as well. I like that you found the voice to be pleasant and creepy at different times. Voice is mixed to be hypnotic and disorienting, where you can hear every word clearly if you're able to focus but something about it makes it hard to keep up sentence to sentence. So that only after multiple listens does the overall plot and details come together. This deals with themes of classism in the overall narrative (in that only those with time can understand the true nature of the system), but also this is how I've experienced music and poetry readings since I was a kid so I wanted to make that a sound design principal for this for people who don't experience that to experience

@Poppadocrock : bit of a complicated story haha. Honestly we get along better better than most relationships out there. Maybe it's just because my ankles have been handcuffed to a pipe and I haven't left this a broom closet for 3 months but who knows, we'll probably end up back together soon enough. Honestly with all of the bruises, scabs, and scars I have from how I've been treated in the past months, I may never be able to show my face in public again

@raimundoarriagada : great ear! I used soft drummer in at least half of the songs. Funk drummer in at least one or two. Lumbeat apps are life. Believe it or not half of the drums are actually real drums done by Mike G, the guitarist, or me on a homemade Cajon hooked up to a vocal harmonizer. Wanted to blurr the line between Lumbeat apps and real drum kits and synths

For synths, any and all MPE synths. Some synthscaper. Neo souls keys. Shockwave. And then lots of eventide, FAC, audiodamage, bram bos effects. Turnado.

@senhorlampada maybe I should post it there? wasn't aware of that group. What's it called? Honestly I have no idea how to share and promote this stuff. I made 5 albums last year and just compulsively move on from one to the next

@sbcfx for real, G is a bonafide shredmeister! not being able to keep up with the plot is part of this theme I had with the dystopian situation that workers of the US are faced with. Kind of like trying to find truth in this tower of babel situation. And humor is all you got left

• Nice! I love the concept and it sounds great, really well done.