Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How Retro Piano and iPad helped me in preparation to "real world"

Tell you, how iPad can help acoustic job.Last Saturday night I've played mu first Trio gig after Great Isolation Time. Knowing the place and its not-so-good upright piano and sizes, I lowered my stool, to sit very low, and then I used freshly downloaded Retro Piano, and even lowered the quality of sound. Then I spend some hours with this configuration, went to the place, played, and it worked out! I felt well prepared!

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

It's still a reasonable piano choice if you dial in the optimal settings... much better than the digital pianos of a few years ago that were severely restricted on RAM and had terrible looping artifacts.

I hit the 44.1K vs 48K sample rate bug when I bought it and assumed the pitch defects were intentional... so I made a track that played on that weirdness. It's playing the rhythm piano role.

The prominent melody is warped by using multiple Rozeta Scalers set to
    generate "odd" out of scale notes (like kitten on the keys - minor 2nd cluster fucks) using the lovely Ravenscroft 275 instrument.

Then Retro Piano is in there with some pitch oddities due to my 44.1 sample default... now fixed I believe. But I have one recording for my records. I'm sure there are pitch apps I can use to get this effect. AudioTune might do this, right?

• That’s great to hear.