Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Basic sample editing question

I’m guessing this is something pretty straightforward for you sample tweakers, but I’m having hard time making it easy...

I want to take a 16 bar clip from a song (in this case - part of the middle section from Led Zep’s Kashmir), import it into Cubasis so it fits into 16 bars and can be copied several times to create a track about 2mins long, whence I’m going to mess around with it, add some other instruments etc. It’s to create a brief soundtrack which me and my 9yr old son are going to work on together to add to a video of him showing off his jujitsu moves. So just for fun.

I’m using Auditor to try and get as precise a clip as possible (as it’s more user friendly than the audio editor in AudioShare and Cubasis) although it’s still pretty tricky.
When I import the clip into Cubasis I’m finding it very hard to get it to fit into a 16 bar section.
1. Do I need to work out the exact BPM of the sample?
2. Do I need to do some kind of time-stretching?
3. Is there a quicker/easier way of doing this? Am happy to not use Cubasis if something else can do this more automatically. My son loves messing around with GarageBand and Blockswave if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Comments

• Others will chime in for more details, but you can find the bpm easily by cutting 4 measures of the LZ song and import it to Blocs. Enter the number of beats and it will show the bpm. Yes, I think knowing bpm will help.👍

• edited June 2020

If it is a track that needs (lets say quantizing), 1 of the tools I use is Auria Pro's Warp feature.
    (Not automatic, but it's there as an option)

King

• I’m not sure if it’s any different for Cubasis 3 , but here’s a video that shows how to turn auto time stretching on in Cubasis 2..

• @TimRussell

Auditor will give you BPM. Trim your clip to 16 measures. Make sure the trimmed clip is selected. Double tap on the right just above the timeline where it says BPM. A menu will come up with an option to Guess BPM From Selection. Put in the number of beats and you’ll see your BPM. Set your project in whatever DAW you use to that BPM. I suggest taking a look at Zenbeats. It’s free on mobile right now. See my video on using audio tracks in ZB where I use ZB to automatically conform a 90 BPM clip to several different tempos.

• edited June 2020

Thanks all, I ended up just importing into Blocswave (although had to buy the import audio IAP as I’d never done this before - but it won’t be the last time now I know what I’m doing!) and it did, indeed, do the rest for me