Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First full Zenbeats song!!!!

edited June 2020 in Creations

Crazy times here.... really loving this app. Give a listen... mix is not the best but its 100% done in Zenbeats. About 17 tracks, lots of FX and gets some crazy in the end.
This would be like mid tempo bass industrial electronica.

Comments

• Nice! Definitely like the trend towards chaos as the end approaches.

• I can’t listen to this on my good headphones until tomorrow afternoon. But what I heard through the little iPad speaker was nicely creepy! 😎👍🏼

• Nice! Great Sense of movement and it goes to some really interesting places. I actually got a big dopey grin on my face when that piano break came in. 👍

• @onerez said:
    Crazy times here.... really loving this app. Give a listen... mix is not the best but its 100% done in Zenbeats. About 17 tracks, lots of FX and gets some crazy in the end.

Cool ambiance. Great song.

• Cool track. Would have been cool in a movie scene...something like an infiltration where the good guy has to crawl below lasers

• Thanks Guys!!!!! And thanks to @MatthewAtZenbeats for all the hard work him and his team have done on this app!!!!

• Absolutely brilliant track, man!

@onerez said:

• That is great! Well done! Right up my alley, too...

• @onerez said:

This is seriously awesome!

• Nice track. Zenbeats eh? I trialed it on my pc and just couldn’t get on with it.

• @Bill_Brasky said:
    Nice track. Zenbeats eh? I trialed it on my pc and just couldn’t get on with it.

FWIW I hated it at first. Then I spent some time with it, it clicked and I stopped using pretty much anything else except a handful of AU’s. YMMV

• @anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:
    Nice track. Zenbeats eh? I trialed it on my pc and just couldn’t get on with it.

FWIW I hated it at first. Then I spent some time with it, it clicked and I stopped using pretty much anything else except a handful of AU’s. YMMV

This is how I began my NS2 journey, fiddled with it for a week, didn’t enjoy it, deleted it, came back 6 months later and it clicked and I’ve made heaps of tracks on it since.

• It shows Zenbeats can cover some dark, industrial moods. Nice work getting it to do your bidding.

• @Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

This is how I began my NS2 journey, fiddled with it for a week, didn’t enjoy it, deleted it, came back 6 months later and it clicked and I’ve made heaps of tracks on it since.

Huge NS2 fan but once I clicked with Zenbeats...

• @onerez said:

Brilliant! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🔥🔥🔥🔥

• dblpost but great song..again B)

• @anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

Is the piano roll as simple as NS2?

• @Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

Very similar.

• @Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

Not as nice an experience for the controls by a long shot IMO, but very workable and more powerful in many ways. It's nice that you can have the keyboard on the screen at the same time - or simply play the notes on the keyboard on the side. That omission really bugs me in NS2.

I really get annoyed when I press a note just a hair too long and get the popup menu in Zenbeats. Getting the timing just right to move notes can be pretty frustrating. I'll take NS2's side and bottom buttons over that any day. I'm also not that crazy about velocity editing in the piano roll. They got it right in the drum sequencer, but it is tedious in the piano roll.

So ... overall, it's a wash. ZB is manageable as iOS piano roll editors go though.

• @wim said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

Not as nice an experience for the controls by a long shot IMO, but very workable and more powerful in many ways. It's nice that you can have the keyboard on the screen at the same time - or simply play the notes on the keyboard on the side. That omission really bugs me in NS2.

I really get annoyed when I press a note just a hair too long and get the popup menu in Zenbeats. Getting the timing just right to move notes can be pretty frustrating. I'll take NS2's side and bottom buttons over that any day. I'm also not that crazy about velocity editing in the piano roll. They got it right in the drum sequencer, but it is tedious in the piano roll.

So ... overall, it's a wash. ZB is manageable as iOS piano roll editors go though.

Him interesting. Ns2 piano roll, for me is the best I’ve used in any daw ever. I definitely do not like the idea of a pop up window coming up while moving notes around.

Thinking I’m sticking with NS2 for now since audio tracks aren’t pressing for me and I find enough sonic Joy now with Obsidian as I have made over 100 patches in it, I think it’s one of the better synths I’ve used on the iPad, specifically for creating your own sounds, it’s super flexible and deep/low on resources.

Thanks for that description though, very helpful for me.

• @wim said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

If you open the side bar you get the equivalent of NS2 side and bottom buttons. How is velocity editing in the piano roll different in NS2? You still have to select a note or notes and then drag the slider up/down. That is also in the side bar.

• wimwim
    edited June 2020

@anickt said:> If you open the side bar you get the equivalent of NS2 side and bottom buttons. How is velocity editing in the piano roll different in NS2? You still have to select a note or notes and then drag the slider up/down. That is also in the side bar.

oooh ... very nice. Muchas gracias for that one!

OK, overall points to Zenbeats. Though I still like NS2's piano roll better for some reason, but no longer have any logical basis for feeling that way.

• @wim said:

@anickt said:> If you open the side bar you get the equivalent of NS2 side and bottom buttons. How is velocity editing in the piano roll different in NS2? You still have to select a note or notes and then drag the slider up/down. That is also in the side bar.

OK, overall points to Zenbeats. Though I still like NS2's piano roll better for some reason, but have no longer have any logical basis for feeling that way.

Kind of like my wife still loves me , even though she has no logical basis for that??

• @onerez said:

@wim said:

OK, overall points to Zenbeats. Though I still like NS2's piano roll better for some reason, but have no longer have any logical basis for feeling that way.

Kind of like my wife still loves me , even though she has no logical basis for that??

My ex-wife still loves me as long as the checks are on time.... :'(

• @anickt said:

@wim said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

@anickt said:

@Bill_Brasky said:

If you open the side bar you get the equivalent of NS2 side and bottom buttons. How is velocity editing in the piano roll different in NS2? You still have to select a note or notes and then drag the slider up/down. That is also in the side bar.

I know it is petty but interface is ugly in zenbeats.

• Nice...