Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OPL AUv3 FM Synth by Jorge Reales

124»

Comments

• edited June 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Could you explain what the channels section does when you figure it out? @Carnbot

hmm not sure yet, maybe something specific to this chip?
    actually think it's just saying ADSR for each voice

• That's what I thought too. But are there different voices? I thought it said something in the blurb about how this is different from the original soundcard in that it only has two oscillators, doesn't have channels. So I'm not sure what these 9 channels would be. At the moment, I think it is just decoration and doesn't do something, though will be glad to be corrected by those more wise, as always.

• @Gavinski said:
    That's what I thought too. But are there different voices? I thought it said something in the blurb about how this is different from the original soundcard in that it only has two oscillators, doesn't have channels. So I'm not sure what these 9 channels would be. At the moment, I think it is just decoration and doesn't do something, though will be glad to be corrected by those more wise, as always.

It's just an indication of which one of the voices is active :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YM3812

• Yeah could well be just decoration, would be interested in any other info.
    This is the free VST the synth has been forked from https://bsutherland.github.io/JuceOPLVSTi/
    pretty identical I think, maybe there's some info there.

• Slightly OT but I'd love this one as an AUv3 as well (it's an open source juce project).
    http://www.ymck.net/en/download/magical8bitplug/index.html

• I purchased this one this weekend based on the praise here. Very fun and interesting and sort of hits the spot for me (quickly) that a full on FM synth does not. KQ Dixie, for instance, is just unwieldly to my brain.

I do wish that the preset name in use was displayed somewhere onscreen.

• Yes, that’s an annoying omission. I asked the dev to add this, they say they will in a future update, probably no harm in adding your voice to that too though.

@kinkujin said:
    I purchased this one this weekend based on the praise here. Very fun and interesting and sort of hits the spot for me (quickly) that a full on FM synth does not. KQ Dixie, for instance, is just unwieldly to my brain.

I do wish that the preset name in use was displayed somewhere onscreen.

• edited June 2020

oh boy... the bassdrum i get from this puppy... it eats through carpets ..new fav for thuuump B)

• New update finally lets you see the name of the preset you’re currently playing 👌

• @noob said:
    oh boy... the bassdrum i get from this puppy... it eats through carpets ..new fav for thuuump B)

Are you using the 'percussion' modes?
    It's not super obvious how the operators interact when they are used so it's a good source for 'happy accidents' :D
    http://midibox.org/forums/topic/18625-opl3-percussion-mode-map/

• @Gavinski said:
    New update finally lets you see the name of the preset you’re currently playing 👌

Nice thanks!

• Just picked this up in the sale.
    Superb sounds, loving the presets and really nice GUI.
    A bit different to a lot of the other iOS synths and easily worth the £3.99

• Definitely, I love these sounds

• Here's my walkthrough on OPL and also the Schroeder reverb

• @TimRussell said:
    Just picked this up in the sale.
    Superb sounds, loving the presets and really nice GUI.
    A bit different to a lot of the other iOS synths and easily worth the £3.99

+1 was totally going to skip this but @Gavinski's excellent walk through convinced me to grab it. Loving the sounds!

• Great update!

• Excellent news!

• Update! Easier to scroll presets now..

• Where’s the midi settings? I want to receive on a channel other than 1….

• Revisiting this again for the first time in ages. Wow, it sounds great, but I can’t figure out for the life of me how to change mono presets to poly and vice versa. Go for example to the WIND presets. Chose the first one. Then scroll through the next ones with the arrows. You can see the first 3 are mono, the 4th is poly - but how to actually program this in?

• @Gavinski said:
    Revisiting this again for the first time in ages. Wow, it sounds great, but I can’t figure out for the life of me how to change mono presets to poly and vice versa. Go for example to the WIND presets. Chose the first one. Then scroll through the next ones with the arrows. You can see the first 3 are mono, the 4th is poly - but how to actually program this in?

Percussion section. X = poly, all others are mono.

• @CalCutta said:

@Gavinski said:
    Revisiting this again for the first time in ages. Wow, it sounds great, but I can’t figure out for the life of me how to change mono presets to poly and vice versa. Go for example to the WIND presets. Chose the first one. Then scroll through the next ones with the arrows. You can see the first 3 are mono, the 4th is poly - but how to actually program this in?

Didn’t know that, thanks!

• @CalCutta said:

@Gavinski said:

Ah thanks!

• @Gavinski said:

Agreed it’s a fantastic app and very unique on iOS. I need to use it more often.

• I still keep thinking about building an old PC just to host an opl card, there are USB thing available but I can’t see a way to make them particularly MIDI friendly. An old PC is probably a nightmare too far though, even for me😅

• Actually, turns out the synth is poly with no mono mode

• @Gavinski said:
    Actually, turns out the synth is poly with no mono mode

Yeah you’re right, the drum thing just does something weird to the sound. Something about the sound though is really good.