Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free MP3 download...check it out

Here is the first single from my upcoming album, "Dirty Licks" due for release later this year. Download "The Lost" at the link below. Created with Beatmaker2, Audiobus, Cubasis, Remaster, JamUp Pro XT, GarageBand mobile, Chordbot....enjoy! Feel free to share the link! http://www.reverbnation.com/derekbuddemeyer/song/16263373-the-lost

Comments

• Really nice Derek! How was Chordbot used in this? How many physical instruments were used? Looking forward to the release!

• Thanks! The only actual physical instrument used was my guitar. The drums are a custom sampled/mapped set loaded into BM2. I used chordbot to listen to some arrangement in the chord progressions I had going on...then wrote from there with some piano (didn't actually use chordbot for the actual sound...just as a guideline) I actually used EZComposer for some of the backing piano chord progressions after I figured out where I wanted to go with chordbot. I don't use any controllers, so everything is done on the onscreen keyboards and pads...works out nicely! More to come soon!

• Nice! Excellent work throughout! That's what I like about Chordbot...it's great for putting a framework down. Interesting to hear that you're using onscreen controls too, and I'm not even aware of EZComposer. Is it an iPad app, or desktop based? I suppose it's sample based. Sounded great to me. I definitely enjoy the style on the guitar!

• https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ezcomposer-pro/id455163013?mt=8 EZComposer is awesome. Midi based sequencer with tons of built in patterns that you can edit....I usually build my patterns here and chord progressions, then edit and save the midi files to be opened in another app like BM2 or Cubasis and experiment with different instruments...a real time saver and idea maker!!!

• It takes all the confusion out of midi sequencing and lets you just make music...

• Thanks for the insight on that. I'm going to check it out.

• @DerekBuddemeyer - just wondering if you got a ballpark release date on your upcoming album yet and whether all/most of the tracks are going to be AB/iOS influenced. Thanks again for your tip on EZComposer. I ended up getting it and find it quite useful too, but I do see a lot of crashes with it. Do you have similar problems? For now, I'm just hitting "Save" a lot, since I've lost a few projects, or parts of them, already.

• @funjunkie27 I'm hoping to get it rolling out later this year...can't really nail down a specific for you..things are hectic here! But it WILL be all iOS produced and AudioBus on every track for sure. Ez Composer does crash quite a bit....so I do find myself saving frequently...although I don't compose a whole lot in there...maybe some piano or guitar...just one track or part of a track and then email the midi file to myself and open in something else like BM2 and use audiobus to play it through another instrument. But for sure sure..this next album...all iOS/AB no computers at all.

• Thanks @DerekBuddemeyer. I've done the same...emailing the midi file, and that works great. Definitely looking forward to your release!! Have you heard of anyone else doing anything similar or are you in uncharted territory?

• I know there's a few people out there using iOS as a main avenue for getting their albums together but I don't know about a completely iOS produced album. I guess what I'm trying to do is make an iOS album that you can't tell was made on iOS...lol. The only actual tangible instruments I use would be my guitar and bass...but everything else is done entirely on the iPad itself...no midi controller keyboards or anything. About 85% of my first album "Afterthoughts" was produced, mixed, and mastered on iPad/iPod touch...with the exception of a couple songs.

• From the sound of "The Lost", I'd say you've accomplished that. I'd never have guessed how much of a role iOS played on that just by listening to it! Great stuff! I'll have to check out Afterthoughts.

• Very impressive sounding, great work, especially the guitar work.

• "Sounds Like: Derek Buddemeyer Fan page" - Genius LOL Seriously though, great stuff man, rocking smart. Love the squeels. I wish there were vocals in more of your tunes though. If you ever want me to lay down some vocals for one of your tunes, that'd be cool. I'm not great but I can carry a tune in most styles of music.

• @Ryan lol...thanks! Might take you up on that sometime.

• Heh cool. When you first posted your version of Hurt before you added vocals I kept singing it over and over and thought about recording and sending it to you but I didn't want to seem like i was trying to muscle my way into the song or anything. lol You did a great job though. :-)

• You can take mp3juices for free mp3 download

• Nice soulful playing. I am looking forward to the album.

Btw in your bio it says Mart Friedman. ๐Ÿค” Thatโ€™s like Walmart for guitar gods. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚