Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jacob haQ is having "Visions Of The Future (feat. Brian Grace)" by Lady App-titude

McDMcD
edited June 2020 in Creations

There's enough IOS content for this to NOT be an OT thread.

I can also envision Jacob saying: "This is S-O-O good!"

More inspired awesome from @Lady_App_titude.

https://ladyapp-titude.bandcamp.com/track/visions-of-the-future-feat-brian-grace

UPDATE: Below @Lady_App_titude explains the creation of this track:

It’s been a minute since this track was originally created, so let’s see what I can remember..

The original inspiration was a single sentence uttered by Jakob Haq (“I’m having visions of the future”), which I then sampled, sliced, and manipulated using Kontakt and various effects.

I remember I used iMaschine for drums, UVI Falcon, Animoog, and Synthmaster for synths, and TC-11. TC-11 has a feature called “Device Motion Controllers” where you can modulate the sound using the iPad's accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass, and I remember waiving the iPad around in space to get various effects. The bass guitar at the beginning came from iFretless Bass.

The real instruments were electric guitar (Fender Stratocaster) and saxophone by Brain Grace. I knew I wanted sax, and Brian was the perfect man for the job. He’s in LA and I’m in NYC, so his parts were overdubbed remotely from his studio. He improvised three takes, which I comped together for the final, and then there were a couple of short passages where I composed specific riffs for him. It all went surprisingly well, and he did an outstanding job, which turned out to be exactly what the track needed. If you need sax for your track, he is available for online sessions for a reasonable fee. Highly recommended.

Comments

• Nice one. A little Steely Dan vibe in the horn arrangement.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Nice one. A little Steely Dan vibe in the horn arrangement.

I get that too. I'd love to know the process used to make this one but the artist
    is an infrequent visitor here. She has another one at band camp based upon processing a short spoken segment.
    https://ladyapp-titude.bandcamp.com/track/fugueture-bonus-track

She describes it with this text:

A prelude and fugue, as it were, offered as an introduction and FREE bonus companion to my track "Visions Of The Future." This piece was made up of a single word "future", sampled and overdubbed at least 8 times, forming an ambient wash of sound. A fugue of the future. Fugueture.

Let's guess what tools are involved...

• Great track! I think I’ve heard the og.

I too am having visions ...

• Thanks so much, McD!

Tomorrow Friday, June 5, Bandcamp is waiving its revenue share to help support artists during this difficult economic time, so I’m trying to take advantage of that by migrating over some of my tracks, and in some cases polishing them up with new mixes and expanded content.

If you like what you hear, consider making a purchase on Friday to help support sustainable content creation. This has been an especially hard time for me right now, as I’ve been hit with over $5000 in medical bills for my kitty cat, Little Eleanor, who was recently diagnosed with feline hyperthyroidism, at a time when I’ve got almost no income. Every single dollar can help.

Or just listen for FREE and enjoy as always!

Thanks so much to everyone for listening and for your kind comments!

Yours ever,
    Lady App

• Very well done. Inventive and varied. @Lady_App_titude is a true artist (with a great love for cats!).

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Thanks so much, McD!

Tomorrow Friday, June 5, Bandcamp is waiving its revenue share to help support artists during this difficult economic time, so I’m trying to take advantage of that by migrating over some of my tracks, and in some cases polishing them up with new mixes and expanded content.

If you like what you hear, consider making a purchase on Friday to help support sustainable content creation. This has been an especially hard time for me right now, as I’ve been hit with over $5000 in medical bills for my kitty cat, Little Eleanor, who was recently diagnosed with feline hyperthyroidism, at a time when I’ve got almost no income. Every single dollar can help.

Or just listen for FREE and enjoy as always!

Thanks so much to everyone for listening and for your kind comments!

Yours ever,
    Lady App

I was just going to post a reminder that musicians are really getting hit hard in this
    "no work - stay home" world. I put something in the BandCamp tip jar.

It's time like these that we remember... Vets are medical doctors with the same
    college debts the other doctors have. They serve up big bills and there is no "Universal Safety Net" system for pet care expenses.

I recall a dog I had to put down due to insufficient funds and maxed out credit cards when I was a working musician. That pain sent me back to school for a degree that could insure some benefits. Some times people have to face this situation with loved ones and special needs too.

Some sectors of the economy should NOT be privatized and health care is one. Prisons #2.
    Some should: News for example. Trump State News? We're close to that now... weird. Still.

Take a trip to BandCamp and leave something in tribute and support.

More musical incentives provided at:

https://soundcloud.com/lady-app-titude

We are not worthy.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    Very well done. Inventive and varied. @Lady_App_titude is a true artist (with a great love for cats!).

Wasn't that latin rhythm groove cool. I want to make some salsa shit too. I want to code some latin rhythm MIDI scripts. The "clave" is a magical pattern. Better yet... a montuno over a clave:

Except that 2nd note of the clave sounds hipper on the + of 3 creating the polyrhythmic 3:4 swirling effect.

Tip your servers.

• @kinkujin said:
    Great track! I think I’ve heard the og.

I too am having visions ...

Ha! Thx! It’s a great time to dust off the past and revisualize the future!

• @McD said:
    I'd love to know the process used to make this one but the artist
    is an infrequent visitor here. [...]

It’s been a minute since this track was originally created, so let’s see what I can remember..

The original inspiration was a single sentence uttered by Jakob Haq (“I’m having visions of the future”), which I then sampled, sliced, and manipulated using Kontakt and various effects.

I remember I used iMaschine for drums, UVI Falcon, Animoog, and Synthmaster for synths, and TC-11. TC-11 has a feature called “Device Motion Controllers” where you can modulate the sound using the iPad's accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass, and I remember waiving the iPad around in space to get various effects. The bass guitar at the beginning came from iFretless Bass.

The real instruments were electric guitar (Fender Stratocaster) and saxophone by Brain Grace. I knew I wanted sax, and Brian was the perfect man for the job. He’s in LA and I’m in NYC, so his parts were overdubbed remotely from his studio. He improvised three takes, which I comped together for the final, and then there were a couple of short passages where I composed specific riffs for him. It all went surprisingly well, and he did an outstanding job, which turned out to be exactly what the track needed. If you need sax for your track, he is available for online sessions for a reasonable fee. Highly recommended.

Does that fill in some answers?

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@McD said:
    I'd love to know the process used to make this one but the artist
    is an infrequent visitor here. [...]

Does that fill in some answers?

Yes. Lots of clues for more experimentation. Time to explore TC-11 again. I bought another app that uses the gyroscope recently... apesoft? One of those developers that makes out of the box synths.

You can pay people to play on your tracks? Can you re-coup that through sales or is their a client requesting/funding the project?

I'd like to live in a world where you can get paid fairly for your work.

• @Lady_App_titude

Wicked.

I really like the track.

The arrangement is awesome.
    Brightened up my day.

Thank you for sharing.

• @Gravitas said:
    @Lady_App_titude

Wicked.

I really like the track.

The arrangement is awesome.
    Brightened up my day.

Thank you for sharing.

Wow! Thanks so much, Gravitas!

• @Lady_App_titude listening now, absolutely love it. And it is just so cute to hear Jakob's voice in this haha.

I'm a sucker for sax on anything and wish it was used more in dance music. Actually yesterday I was listening to the Pet Shop Boys' West End Girls and really enjoying the sax on it. Worth a revisit for anyone who has forgotten what a great track it is. Actually, the Guardian recently declared it the best UK number one of all time. I don't think I could agree with that, but it's a brilliant pop song for sure.

• Badass track!

• @McD said:
    Yes. Lots of clues for more experimentation. Time to explore TC-11 again.

This may be one of the only tracks on which I've used TC-11. I think it more easily lends itself to being the basis of a track, a starting point around which everything else is built. Making it conform to a pre-existing track, and conform to its tempo and key, is more difficult. But I was able to pull it off in this case, and it really helped give things that "futuristic" vibe I needed.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@McD said:
    Yes. Lots of clues for more experimentation. Time to explore TC-11 again.

This may be one of the only tracks on which I've used TC-11. I think it more easily lends itself to being the basis of a track, a starting point around which everything else is built. Making it conform to a pre-existing track, and conform to its tempo and key, is more difficult. But I was able to pull it off in this case, and it really helped give things that "futuristic" vibe I needed.

The lack of time sync is my biggest problem with TC-11.

• Yes 👍🏼

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

@Lady_App_titude said:
    This may be one of the only tracks on which I've used TC-11.

If you haven't tried the latest update of "Shoom" it also has a touch interface for notes
    using a huge open x-y area and a great palate of sounds. It is very useful for sound effects,
    environmental textures and conjuring the future: Demo #5 sound like a polyphonic theremin to me. I like dropping 4 fingers on the interface to create a random chord-like structure and then slowly sliding, twisting or morphing the structure. You can dial in tension that way. The developer also added "multi-out" features so each of the 4 synths gets it's own output. I haven't tried that yet but when I want horror film tension I think of Shoom first now.

It also has a rich low end... it can rumble:

• edited June 2020

The other track that has been given a brand new mix and master, which you might want to check out is, "The Vibe."
    Just uploaded the newest version today. (If you downloaded it on Friday or Saturday, you'll want to redownload it to get the latest, final version.)

https://ladyapp-titude.bandcamp.com/track/the-vibe

• Did you make or find this image? It's working on my psyche...

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a0550969311_10.jpg

• I love the groove you construct at the 6:15 mark. So good.
    I imagine you played that initial guitar part... the recording and mixing is also very good.

I always look forward to your new work and I usually revisit your catalog to hear a master a work.

• @McD said:
    I love the groove you construct at the 6:15 mark. So good.
    I imagine you played that initial guitar part... the recording and mixing is also very good.

I always look forward to your new work and I usually revisit your catalog to hear a master a work.

Thanks so much! Not sure which guitar you mean, but yes I played all the guitar parts. There are at least 5 of them, electric, several acoustics, plus bass guitar. This tune is very dense and the mixing part was quite challenging and took at least 6-7 attempts to get it right — which I think I’ve finally achieved! And speaking of guitar, one of the main differences with this new mix was to bring out the guitars more, which were too buried in the earlier release.

• I should have been clear on the guitar part after misdirecting to the groove at 6:15 which has no obvious guitar. I was referring to the in your face guitar part in the first minute.
    Very good mixing skills on display. You obviously labor over your work and strive for a high level of production. I hope these serve as demos for you to get workroom home in these dire times for musicians. The fact that a lot of successful artists can make products from home is encouraging that you just need a collaborator with good ears and some budget to be able to work. I do consider producers to be collaborators even if there is a potential imbalance of power... that's why they call it work, I guess. There's always some jerk that needs to be appeased unless you can self-employ.